PDA

View Full Version : After 6 visits for the AT issue, whats next

ViperNY
02-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Well,

My dealer has agreed to take back my 07 X3 after 8k miles, 7 months and 6 shop visits. They got clearance from BMWNA, who apparently came twice to personally check my X3 and the AT. Sadly, my choices are limited to another X3 which would be an 08 or a 328xi (08).

Not sure TBH what to do, would like to totally walk away but that may require a lawyer.

Anyone got thoughts on the '08 X3 or 328xi??????

Regards,

Vipz

viii_ball
02-06-2008, 09:46 AM
How did you get them to agree to this? I am being told the way the transmission functions is "normal".

viii_ball
02-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Can you document here what AT issues you had so the rest of us can see if they are identical.

Personally I would find a way to walk away, even if it means a lawyer.

Mitch3672
02-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Go X3 again. Awesome SUV. Only very minor of the AT issues expressed, just really the herky jerky here and there in the 1-2-1 low speed stops.

However, that may not be enough, but go find another vehicle like the X3 anywhere at the price point that is as an incredible all'round handler (almost like the worldbeater 3 series), tank like solid AWD system, awesome inline silky engine, space, quality, safety, overall pleasure to drive like this machine and yes, YES my friends I'm going ahead and say a great, auto tranny, but no not perfect.

Waiting....waiting....waiting.... that right! Don't exist!!... yet.... ie new GLK Merc, new Audi Q5 that are not available yet that could be real alternatives.

2 cents.

PS-Money no object though? Go 08 Cayenne V6 all the way. Gorgeous, goreous car save the front grill. Much prefer the new Cayenne GTS grill, but I digress. GTS is my dream SUV currently.

Boxer19
02-06-2008, 10:07 AM
328 xi.........not bad. Get them to add a few goodies.

TexRob
02-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Maybe get a lightly used X5? My wife doesn't like the X5, says it's too big, which I tend to agree. I am hoping that the new X3 comes out as a MY2010 so that she can get a new X3 in late 2009 when her lease is up. Otherwise, no idea what kind of car she is going to get.

sfca-325i
02-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Can you document here what AT issues you had so the rest of us can see if they are identical.

Trade assist = same product / manufacturer.

Lemon Law = freedom to select a new car from any manufacturer.

Andrew*Debbie
02-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Well,

My dealer has agreed to take back my 07 X3 after 8k miles, 7 months and 6 shop visits. They got clearance from BMWNA, who apparently came twice to personally check my X3 and the AT. Sadly, my choices are limited to another X3 which would be an 08 or a 328xi (08).

Not sure TBH what to do, would like to totally walk away but that may require a lawyer.

Regards,

Vipz

Most of the X3s are fine. Chances are your next one will work.

If you leasing, getting a 328xi for X3 payments is a good deal.

In your place, I'd take either, but with a Manual Transmission.

viii_ball
02-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Trade assist = same product / manufacturer.

Lemon Law = freedom to select a new car from any manufacturer.

That I understand. Not sure I would WANT another BMW given the issues and lack of resolution I have received.

Evlengr
02-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Funny I have six visits now as well. Wish BMWNA would wise up and realize they can't bury this with me.

Now I have the fabled water leak to boot.

ViperNY
02-06-2008, 11:58 AM

I have documented all my issues here on this board and I am having all the same jerky, stalling, power loss on corners and bucking in stop and go traffic.

I just kept sending the truck back every month and this last time they said that BMWNA personally checked the latest software and programming on the truck. There was nothing more they could do and this would be the characteristics of the transmission going forward.

I said I was not happy, my wife and daughter refuse to drive it anymore and it was ridiculas to be paying so much money for something that clearly does not work.

Now I have to make a decision, stay with BMW or seek legal counsel.

Vipz

Evlengr
02-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Yeah know what you mean--my wife won't ride in it. And won't let my daughter in it after last episode so wife doesn't even need to mention it.

I am just wondering if it is the dealer that is instrumental in making this happen? Meaning do they get to the point where they throw their hands up and tell BMWNA to handle it, and thereby you get a Trade Assist?

I have a notebook of every conversation, time, and e mail that happened with any BMW agent. this has been going on since April of 07.

Some dating back several months with Corporate's refusal to have a field tech look at it.

STE92VE
02-06-2008, 02:14 PM
I am just wondering if it is the dealer that is instrumental in making this happen?

There's a whole lotta truth in this statement.

AzNMpower32
02-06-2008, 04:31 PM
If you liked the X3 sans trans issues, then get a new X3. Furthermore, order one, so that it will be to your specs and be of the latest build date.

The E90 is boring to drive and even more boring to look at.

NetSpySD
02-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Well,

Regards,

Vipz

Is BMW limiting the buy back to you getting another X3 or 328xi? If so this is so wrong.

They should buy it back at fair market value and you should have the ability to buy any other car even if it is not a BMW. If you were to get another BMW, they should help on pricing there as well.

Evlengr
02-06-2008, 04:59 PM
If you liked the X3 sans trans issues, then get a new X3. Furthermore, order one, so that it will be to your specs and be of the latest build date.

AznM I know you are well versed in BMW, but BMW has not proven that they have addressed this let alone admit openly there is a problem.

Based on precedence I would want to drive the replacement for at least a weekend before buying another X3.

So wouldn't this prevent ordering one to your specs? What if after ordering one it has the same problem? Then what? :dunno:

There are a number of 08 X3 drivers that are having the same tranny issue. And more than one have a buy back.

Hopefully after driving 8 Balls X3 you will see how serious a problem this is.

Bamafn1
02-07-2008, 06:31 AM
This is definitely being done because your dealer went to bat for you. I think it's odd that you say that you have had a lack of resolution, even though try are offering to buy the car back. Sounds like a resolution to me.

Bamafn1
02-07-2008, 06:36 AM
Is BMW limiting the buy back to you getting another X3 or 328xi? If so this is so wrong.

They should buy it back at fair market value and you should have the ability to buy any other car even if it is not a BMW. If you were to get another BMW, they should help on pricing there as well.

I doubt that they are restricting choice, I bet it's basically a substitute of collateral. They are probably saying X3 or 328 at The current monthly payment

viii_ball
02-07-2008, 06:39 AM
This is definitely being done because your dealer went to bat for you. I think it's odd that you say that you have had a lack of resolution, even though try are offering to buy the car back. Sounds like a resolution to me.

Looks like you are confused as the original poster never says they are not getting resolution.

Bamafn1
02-07-2008, 07:00 AM
Looks like you are confused as the original poster never says they are not getting resolution.

Sorry about that, you have no resolution. It might be helpful to get the sales manager involved. They are usually the ones that initiate a trade assist

Evlengr
02-07-2008, 07:09 AM
Hmm just answered a major question.

So it is the dealer that prompts the Trade Assist?

What do they have to lose by doing this?

The difference in cost or the whole sale?

Bamafn1
02-07-2008, 07:20 AM
Basically. the dealer goes to the BMW rep. and says that they have someone that they need to get out of a car. In my experience, it's the sales manager that initiates this. To my knowledge, the dealer doesn't lose anything

bmwadam
02-07-2008, 07:21 AM

I disagree! The e90 is a great car, and a blast to drive! Granted we all have our own opinions on the styling, BUT I think the 328xi Toruing is a better drive than the X3. I had one for a few days when the dealer replaced my rear seat covers and I had a great time with it. A friend of mine has an 07 328 with about 13k on it now and he has had no problems with the tranny.

PErsonally I would say get another X3 with a 6spd gearbox, then you will be fine. But is up to you. IF you go the LEmon Law route, it will cost you time and money. Its honestly easier to just do the trade assist.

That being said I think this post highlights a big aspect of this process: The Dealer! I think many here have been treated terrribly by their dealer's. BMW needs to do something about this. We all should get the same first class treatment no matter where we are! I find it ridiculous that dealer service can be hit or miss at times, all depending on where you are. As to any tech that tells you "thats just the way it drives" that is BS! BMW's are not designed to drive like that. I have been driving them for many years. Hesitations and jerks are not part of a performance driving exp.!

My moms 2000 323 has over 200k on it now and it is running strong. The transmission is VERY responsive, shifts smoothly, and the car is fun to drive for what it is. Granted I service the thing every 50k. My point is BMW has a long tradition of building some of the best all around cars on the road. Every generation of 3's proves this. If my mom can put over 200k on her tranny, and it still shifts outstandingly, then why in the heck should a brand new X3 not shift even better???

Recap: IF you MUST have an Auto, and dont want to deal with Lemon Law litigation, get the e90. BUT if a 6spd is acceptable, go with an X3.

STE92VE
02-07-2008, 07:33 AM
Hmm just answered a major question.

So it is the dealer that prompts the Trade Assist?

What do they have to lose by doing this?

The difference in cost or the whole sale?

Basically. the dealer goes to the BMW rep. and says that they have someone that they need to get out of a car. In my experience, it's the sales manager that initiates this. To my knowledge, the dealer doesn't lose anything

I agree that the dealer doesn't lose anything since it is a BMWNA decision. If you happen to purchase a car out of state and are dealing with your local BMW Center, they wouldn't suffer any loss on the transaction.

I'm not sure about the Sales Manager initiating the Trade Assist. I think it starts with the SA. I had an issue with BMWNA and even though I didn't go through my dealer, the resolution came from the dealer and I got follow up surveys as if the car was in for service.

viii_ball
02-07-2008, 07:39 AM
IF you go the Lemon Law route, it will cost you time and money.

I understand the time issue but can you expound on the lost money?

Evlengr
02-07-2008, 07:41 AM
PErsonally I would say get another X3 with a 6spd gearbox, then you will be fine. But is up to you. IF you go the LEmon Law route, it will cost you time and money. Its honestly easier to just do the trade assist.

That being said I think this post highlights a big aspect of this process: The Dealer! I think many here have been treated terrribly by their dealer's. BMW needs to do something about this. We all should get the same first class treatment no matter where we are! I find it ridiculous that dealer service can be hit or miss at times, all depending on where you are. As to any tech that tells you "thats just the way it drives" that is BS! BMW's are not designed to drive like that. I have been driving them for many years. Hesitations and jerks are not part of a performance driving exp.!

Recap: IF you MUST have an Auto, and dont want to deal with Lemon Law litigation, get the e90. BUT if a 6spd is acceptable, go with an X3.

Not to divulge too much but Lemon Lawsuits cost the plaintiff nothing. A good firm will waive a retainer fee, and will only take the case if they think it is a winning case. This is based on laws that the law firm recovers its fees from the dealer or mfg.

So essentially the law firm will not take a case they consider financially frivolous.

So if the dealer isn't helping ---- you have nothing to lose by contacting an attorney or law firm.

Havelcek
02-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Evl is correct. In NJ the costs of a Lemon Law case are put onto the manufacturer, including the plaintiffs legal fees.

sfca-325i
02-07-2008, 10:47 AM
The service manager must initiate the trade assist.

Also, the way the trade assist works (from what I have read), is that the mileage at the point the first complaint was lodged becomes the point to measure "depreciation". As a result, the trade assist value will be considerably higher than the "fair market value". In addition, the incremental feature of the trade assist program is that you are supposed to get the replacement vehicle @ invoice (as you already made your profit contribution on your initial purchase).

All-in-all, a fair deal IF you can get BMW to agree to a trade assist (my trade assist request had been pending since 6/07 with no response from BMW :bawling:).

hunterz4
02-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah know what you mean--my wife won't ride in it. And won't let my daughter in it after last episode so wife doesn't even need to mention it.

I am just wondering if it is the dealer that is instrumental in making this happen? Meaning do they get to the point where they throw their hands up and tell BMWNA to handle it, and thereby you get a Trade Assist?

I have a notebook of every conversation, time, and e mail that happened with any BMW agent. this has been going on since April of 07.

Some dating back several months with Corporate's refusal to have a field tech look at it.

I am still baffled by their response to you. You have really been through the wringer on this and they are still not doing you right. That's how I was- looking for reasons NOT to drive my X.

Evlengr
02-08-2008, 06:10 AM
Z4, read the PM I sent? Where the service advisor mistakenly sent me an e mail intended for the service manager.

It sheds some light on the situation. If the dealer is key to the T/A it might explain why I am getting the push back.

Wife is out with the little one tomorrow so I am off to test drive some more vehicles.

ViperNY
02-09-2008, 01:59 PM

Not sure, waiting on them to tell me what the numbers are.

ViperNY
02-09-2008, 02:04 PM
I doubt that they are restricting choice, I bet it's basically a substitute of collateral. They are probably saying X3 or 328 at The current monthly payment

That is correct, just dont know if it is the current value or the original listed on the invoice.

Terry J. Harris
02-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Good luck Viper, and glad to hear your dealer and BMWNA are trying to do the right thing.

I've had my '07 X3 back for about 10 days since its 5th trip to the dealer over the AT hesitation. BMW tech drove the vehicle for 300 miles this last time in, not able to "replicate" the problem except for some hesitation noticed during a cold engine start. When I went to pick it up and drive it with the tech, engine was warm and vehicle performed pretty well - certainly well enough that I told both the tech and Service Manager they would not be hearing back from me so long as it continued to perform that well. It also performed better than the '07 dealer loaner X3 the tech and I also took for a spin (don't know why the dealer had me driving the '07 as opposed to the '08 X3 they originally told me they would going to have me drive and compare, when they originally called me to tell me they wanted me in for a comparison drive - next time I'm down there I'm going to ask to drive a cold engine '08).

Now 10 days or so later, with much driving between work and home and around town on short trips, I'm beginning to think my complaints relate primarily to "cold" engine performance, as it both hesitates, goes from sluggish to "like a rocket" as it's going up through the gears, and just yesterday I noticed while driving along a fairly flat stretch (this is Wyoming, of course) of a 5 or 6 blocks at 25 to 35 mph it even had a tendency to want to accelerate without me giving it gas - that was totally weird and disappointing. If in fact most of my complaints relate to "cold" engine performance, I'm really going to be unhappy over the remainder of my 3 year lease, as so much of my driving of the X3 is in the Winter and just back and forth to work (about 10 blocks) and around town (small town of only 60 thousand - albeit the biggest city in Wyoming!!). I'm going to keep driving it and see if it improves its performance when "cold" and I suppose simply hope for another reprogramming. I just can't believe everyone else with "normal" X3's experiences such terrible or erratic cold performance with their '07. In any event, good luck with your outcome and again, glad to hear they appear to be stepping up to the plate for you.

Evlengr
02-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Terry, I can't believe you will deal with a vehicle that doesnt work well the majority of the time you drive it because of cold weather.

It's a German made car. It should be like a husky in winter. At its best. Its not cold weather performance. Its poor design.

I to experience the majority of the problems now in freezing weather. Since I don't live in Arizona it doesn't do me a bit of good. And if I lived in weather that like that I wouldn't need an AWD vehicle. I would have bought a Porsche.

Terry J. Harris
02-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Evl - I know. Even my Z3 acts fine in the cold, albeit only those days the roads are dry. :)

My Z3 has acted up when thoroughly warm - trying to move around a vehicle on the interstate or trying to pass a vehicle on a 2-lane highway, but the odds of the dealer's tech "replicating" that behavior are low, given that I've put probably 6K+ of the 12K miles on my vehicle with highway driving. It's the same "lack of throttle response" to me, however, at any speed. Let the high paid engineers figure out the "why" it acts intermittently the way it does - I practice law, not designing and building $45K vehicles. Really frustrating at this point.

Like others here, I've gotten the "it's normal" or "it's how they drive" talk, which as far as the very slight (perhaps 1/4 second) hesitation from standing start is concerned, I suspect I can live with that, even with warm engine, if it were to happen all the time (which it doesn't with my warm engine). What is driving me bonkers though is the unpredictability of throttle response. I've never driven a vehicle with such unpredictability in throttle response, at any speed, when the engine is cold.

I've also gotten the advice of "drive it hard" and/or the questioning: "how do you drive?" followed by "these vehicles are engineered to be driven hard" or along those lines. Well, driving a vehicle hard is one thing, driving my X3 from my driveway to work racing from stop sign to stop light is asinine. Moreover, the questioning coming from those with BMW is offensive to me - an apparent attitude of arrogance or "you wouldn't be having this issue if you knew how to drive."

Evlengr
02-10-2008, 06:06 AM
Terry I used to get those same goofy comments. You are in a better position to de bunk that since you have a Z3. "Funny my other BMW doesn't do that".

My reply is you designed a car to stall or hesistate while merging into traffic?

That will look great in a court of law in an accident case.

Again if BMW's are meant to be driven "Hard" to work then why does your Z3 not work that way?

And sometimes it's your job to help prompt the engineers to "build" things the right way. If I designed a component that performed 95% of the time and then may shock or electrocute you--you can sure bet the response of it's meant to do that would not fly.

viii_ball
02-10-2008, 07:34 AM
Took the wife's X3 out several times around town on Saturday running errands. I decided to try Manual shifting with the steptronic shifter to see how the transmission reacted.

Accelerator lag starting from a stop - performed as a vehicle should, no hesitation whatsoever.

Rough upshifting - transition from gear to gear was very smooth (now I was controlling when the shifting occurred)

Rough downshifting when rolling to a stop - extremely smooth. Noticed that most of the downshifting (and I allowed the car to do this on its own) occurred almost after the car had stopped. If I was in M5 and we approached a stop, I would be in M4 when almost stopped and it would go M3, M2 once stopped.

Binding when taking a corner - exhibited none of this

It was a very pleasant reacting vehicle when driven in manual. Now what I can't understand is that by driving in manual all I was doing was telling the car WHEN to shift. All the other electronic mechanisms were still in play. The computer still interacted with the accelerator and the transmission so why no lag? If the DTC was causing the issue with binding when taking a turn, why was this not exhibited in manual mode as I would think the DTC is still functioning?

This has done nothing but make the situation more puzzling. I can hear my dealer now, "If you like the way it drives in manual then drive it in manual". HECK NO, I bought an automatic. FIX THE DAMN THING!

AzNMpower32
02-10-2008, 08:06 AM
How does it perform when you manually ask it to downshift a few gears for rolling acceleration (like have it in M5 and click it down 3x to M2 at 40mph while accelerating hard)? Does the gearbox hook up as it should, or does it exhibit the revving in Neutral syndrome?

viii_ball
02-10-2008, 08:16 AM
How does it perform when you manually ask it to downshift a few gears for rolling acceleration (like have it in M5 and click it down 3x to M2 at 40mph while accelerating hard)? Does the gearbox hook up as it should, or does it exhibit the revving in Neutral syndrome?

Have not tried that. What are you trying to see with that experiment, the get quick out of the way thing?

BTW, got your PM and not going to be able to hook up this weekend.

AzNMpower32
02-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Have not tried that. What are you trying to see with that experiment, the get quick out of the way thing?

BTW, got your PM and not going to be able to hook up this weekend.
Isn't there an issue where when you need power, there's no response from the gearbox (in D) for 4-5 seconds? Because if you downshift manually from M5-M2 and there's minimal delay in response, then it becomes an issue of whether the gearbox recognizes your command for more power in automatic mode.

viii_ball
02-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Isn't there an issue where when you need power, there's no response from the gearbox (in D) for 4-5 seconds? Because if you downshift manually from M5-M2 and there's minimal delay in response, then it becomes an issue of whether the gearbox recognizes your command for more power in automatic mode.

I am not sure its actually 4-5 seconds. Never timed it because I get too concerned with the rpm's at 6k. But yes there is a problem with stomping on the accelerator and the transmission not engaging. Maybe if I get out today I will give these a try.

Zoltar
02-10-2008, 09:51 AM
I have also noticed that manual mode is perfect. No issues at all warm or cold.
I use it often as it makes the X3 drive as it should.
Also, and I know this sounds crazy, normal drive mode reacts better after driving in manual for a while. It is like the adaptation learns your good example. Go figure.

I have a theory. When I use manual mode, it drives perfect but my mpg goes down.
I think the software is playing stupid games to keep the mpg up and in the process causes performance issues. Just a thought, but I think I'm on to something here.

Terry J. Harris
02-10-2008, 11:07 AM
After much reflection, driving this '07 X3 AT for over 12 months of my 36 month lease and still experiencing my performance issues, I've decided I'm either out of this vehicle or never buying another BMW. BMWNA has been quite helpful, but I believe I've run into a roadblock with my local dealer. If I'm not taken out of this vehicle, it will continue going back to the dealer to try to fix this cold engine erratic performance. I will be persistent with respect to my continuing efforts to have my X3 accelerate appropriately at all times. But when the lease is up, I will never return for another vehicle. It's simple.

Evlengr
02-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Zoltar---this is exactly what is happening.

In order for the X3 to conform to EPA standards they fudged the shifting transition.

You would think in manual it would get better gas mileage, not worse.

I would consider BMW polite, but helpful is reserved for someone that accomplishes the end goal.

If you went to a doctor that never cured your ailments are they helpful? Would you go back?

Would you recommend them? Doubt it.

viii_ball
02-10-2008, 12:51 PM
I have a theory. When I use manual mode, it drives perfect but my mpg goes down.

Do you have the on board computer that you can verify your theory?

Zoltar
02-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Do you have the on board computer that you can verify your theory?

I noticed it from watching the average on the dash display OBC go down.
I guess if I wanted to be scientific, I could clear it then drive entirely manual then clear it again and drive entirely normal drive mode.

AzNMpower32
02-10-2008, 06:42 PM
There's little reason to believe that the manual mode will have lower fuel consumption than D. In D, the torque converter is locked up right after the driver starts off, and remains locked up until the vehile slows below 40km/h. This ensures a more direct connection from the motor to the wheels. Hence, when you coast, the revs will hang and there will be mild engine braking (and fuel consumption drops to approx 0), like a manual transmission. The transmission upshifts at points that are optimum for low fuel consumption, and usually does not downshift unless the demand for power (based on throttle position) exceeds the maximum torque/power available in the current gear at that rpm. This is the case for the 6-AT. The old 5AT behaves differently.

In manual mode, the tendency is to upshift later than normal, and often the driver uses more throttle. Hence, fuel consumption is higher.

Havelcek
02-11-2008, 05:52 AM
My X3 also shifts perfectly in manual mode. In auto is where the bad things happen.

Evlengr
02-11-2008, 05:57 AM
My X3 also shifts perfectly in manual mode. In auto is where the bad things happen.

Yes but we bought AT's. Again this is a work around for a problem that BMWNA knows about and after over a year has yet to fix it. :thumbdwn:

viii_ball
02-11-2008, 08:46 AM

Why does it work in manual mode? Like I said in a previous post, isn't all we are doing is telling it WHEN to shift? Everything else is the same. I don't get it (call me slow).

x3ml
02-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Why does it work in manual mode? Like I said in a previous post, isn't all we are doing is telling it WHEN to shift? Everything else is the same. I don't get it (call me slow).

I don't get it either, does anyone here get it here?!? When I pick up the car over a year ago, I immediately knows its not right, but I had faith because BMW can't leaves it like that, it was horrible in ALL modes. After the Oct 2007 programming, it seems better , even the SD drives OK, it was fun for a while. But now, only the Manual mode drives OK. D and SD modes are sick again. In the manual mode, when I slow down to a stop, it would downshift automatically to 2, without any jerkiness. But in D and especially SD, it would rock you back and forth until it stops. Major discomfort, and hard to drive in this situation cause you have to constantly re-adjust your brake pressure because WHERE you will stop is no longer precisely predictable. This advance BMW ADAPTIVE transmission is really something, I feel that I the driver have to adapt to this transmission than the other way around. I really have to know this transmission, drive a certain way to make it behave a certain way.

I think there may be no cure, since BMW no longer admit there is a problem. I took it into BMW last month and look at it, and they say they didn't find a problem after a test drive. And they didn't offer a test drive with me anymore.

I made a wrong decision to "upgrade" my 2004 X3 to this MY2007. Especially now in the winter, I don't feel driving anything close to a luxury car when the roofliner making rattling noises all over the places. Tick, tick, tick tick is all I hear constantly. My 4th BMW here is going to be my last, I am telling you...

kjboyd
02-11-2008, 10:46 AM
I am SO glad someone else hears the headliner rattles!!!! they told me i was hearing things.

Evlengr
02-11-2008, 11:08 AM
WHAT? Stereo in mine is too loud to hear it, Lol

Been there all along, but the other is so pressing I ignored it.

x3ml
02-12-2008, 10:03 AM
WHAT? Stereo in mine is too loud to hear it, Lol

Been there all along, but the other is so pressing I ignored it.

What type of music do you play, I tried turning up the volume before my ear hurts but I still being distracted by the rattle. Must be the glue they are using. Its not just one spot, but all over the places.

One more thing. I am just not good at describing this symptom: when accelerating usually in D mode rapidly or a slight up slope, I would sometime hear and feel a kind of "harmonic vibration" from the front, when the rpm is about 2800 to 3000. Not sure if its from the engine itself or the AT. Does any one of you got this too? It doesn't happen every time, may be 15% of the time. I have a MY2007 X3.

HT417
02-12-2008, 01:21 PM
...I would sometime hear and feel a kind of "harmonic vibration" from the front, when the rpm is about 2800 to 3000. Not sure if its from the engine itself or the AT. Does any one of you got this too? It doesn't happen every time, may be 15% of the time. I have a MY2007 X3.

My 2008 does something similar but for me it always starts around 1800rpm or 44/45mph. If I keep pressure to the pedal and continue to accelerate the vibration will continue above this speed/rpm range. I suspect AT or torque converter but haven't run it to ground with the service department because I'm being "assisted" into a new one soon. Before they replaced my left motor mount it would rattle your teeth.

Evlengr
02-12-2008, 02:03 PM
I dont have the original sound system in the vehicle.

bmwadam
02-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Not to divulge too much but Lemon Lawsuits cost the plaintiff nothing. A good firm will waive a retainer fee, and will only take the case if they think it is a winning case. This is based on laws that the law firm recovers its fees from the dealer or mfg.

So essentially the law firm will not take a case they consider financially frivolous.

So if the dealer isn't helping ---- you have nothing to lose by contacting an attorney or law firm.

Not to divulge to much either (I cant, it would be the unlawful practice of law), BUT Lemon Law suits are not easy to win.... Plus they can take some time to resolve, and time in and of itself is money, even if you find a firm to take it on by waiving the retainer. The burden of proof is on the P. The problem is the car is still driveable, and the hesitation is intermittnet. Plus most X3's do not exhibit this, despite what the statistics are here. Most people look for forums when there is a problem, BUT most happy drivers have no desire to seek out forums, unless of course they are the enthusiast type.

There is an 07 X3 next door to me that is pushing 20k right now. That guy has had no problems, and unfortunately I think this is representative of most X3 drivers, AND will work against those with real problems.

I would like to know if ANYONE on here has filed a succesful lemon law suit. That would be interesting to see. If they have they could share with the rest of us what they had to do etc.

SilverX3
02-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Well,

Regards,

Vipz

Take a 328xi and walk away from X3 if I were you