PDA

View Full Version : Is this right?

Marke
02-07-2008, 06:31 AM
Just been speaking with my local BMW dealer enqiuring about the cost of installing an aux input in the back of my single disc Business CD. They have quoted 249.00 plus Vat. When i questioned the cost,which according to research is a pretty straight forward job apart from drilling a few holes for the socket in the glove box and removing the head unit. i was also told that they would need the car for a few hours as the change has to be programmed?

Cant think what needs to be programmed. has anyone else had this aux input installed and if so is this price about right.

skitime
02-07-2008, 07:09 AM
sounds kind of high to me....Look at the DICE units, you can install it yourself, and get much more functionality out of the unit. There is discussion of them on this board, and also on the audio boards. Good luck!

Marke
02-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the reply. Are the Dice ones for Ipods only? I have an Archos media player with a 3.5 standard headphone jack. i will have a look at the forums you mentioned. New to the site so sorry if question

Bamafn1
02-07-2008, 07:26 AM
Based on the programming comment, I'm in guessing that they don't realize you have an X3. The AUX input for that model does not require programming.

Marke
02-07-2008, 08:20 AM
the guy i spoke to did sound a bit vague on the phone. As i understood it the socket plugged into the back of the unit and mode butoon is used to select the aux input. I did tell him it was an X3, but he still was'nt sure.

bobotski
02-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Dice has both inputs for iPod and standard aux.

Marke
02-07-2008, 01:36 PM
thanks mate gonna check it out sounds promising. thanks for the heads up.