View Full Version : A Few 1998 M3 Questions - Thanks in advance!

e36 M3 Driver
02-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Just bought a 1998 M3 and, not surprisingly, I have a few questions that I am sure you all can answer. I have looked around and found answers to these questions but for some reason when I get to the car, I become dumbfounded trying to follow the directions.

1. There is no light in the glovebox. I tried replacing the glovebox fuse and still no results. Any suggestions?

2. What fuse(s) powers the flashlight in the glovebox? Are the fuses found in the M3 standard fuses that I can purchase at any auto store?

3. The passenger fog light is cracked and I need to replace it. How do access the foglight and pop it out. I am told to access the "brake air duct" and tap the "catch" with a screwdriver. First, what is the brake air duct? Is it the smaller hole on the bumper between the fog light and main bumber grill? And once I'm in there, where do I go? It seems that it goes straight through to where the brakes/wheels are with no access to the fog light.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. If you have any insights, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

02-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Sorry, but I can't help you with the first two questions. (Maybe check your owner's manual for which fuses control what functions of the car.

However, for the fog light, I can offer you some advice. Get a flat head screwdriver, and look in the brake duct (which is between the fog light and the main grill) at the upper left corner. There should be a small hole that reaches to a clip that will release the fog light. Stick the screw driver in there and feel around for some sort of release tab. Give it a try, be patient, and be sure to hold the fog light as it has a tendency to "jump" right out.

PS - Which brand of fog lights are you going with to replace the old one? I've got to replace mine, but not sure what brand I like...

02-07-2008, 11:59 AM
1. did you make sure the light is good?
2. yes, fuses are a standard size that you can get anywhere.