PDA

View Full Version : A Few 1998 M3 Questions - Thanks in advance!

e36 M3 Driver
02-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Just bought a 1998 M3 and, not surprisingly, I have a few questions that I am sure you all can answer. I have looked around and found answers to these questions but for some reason when I get to the car, I become dumbfounded trying to follow the directions.

1. There is no light in the glovebox. I tried replacing the glovebox fuse and still no results. Any suggestions?

2. What fuse(s) powers the flashlight in the glovebox? Are the fuses found in the M3 standard fuses that I can purchase at any auto store?

3. The passenger fog light is cracked and I need to replace it. How do access the foglight and pop it out. I am told to access the "brake air duct" and tap the "catch" with a screwdriver. First, what is the brake air duct? Is it the smaller hole on the bumper between the fog light and main bumber grill? And once I'm in there, where do I go? It seems that it goes straight through to where the brakes/wheels are with no access to the fog light.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this. If you have any insights, it would be GREATLY appreciated!

sprky296
02-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Sorry, but I can't help you with the first two questions. (Maybe check your owner's manual for which fuses control what functions of the car.

However, for the fog light, I can offer you some advice. Get a flat head screwdriver, and look in the brake duct (which is between the fog light and the main grill) at the upper left corner. There should be a small hole that reaches to a clip that will release the fog light. Stick the screw driver in there and feel around for some sort of release tab. Give it a try, be patient, and be sure to hold the fog light as it has a tendency to "jump" right out.

PS - Which brand of fog lights are you going with to replace the old one? I've got to replace mine, but not sure what brand I like...

Bruce
02-07-2008, 12:59 PM
1. did you make sure the light is good?
2. yes, fuses are a standard size that you can get anywhere.