PDA

View Full Version : 2006 X3 Rough Idle

brasshat325I
02-08-2008, 06:27 AM
I have a 2006 X3 and the last few times when I start the X3 its running really rough at idle, like shaking almost wanting to stop running. After it warms up a minute it goes away. Any thoughts of what it could be before I take it to the dealer?

Thanks

AzNMpower32
02-08-2008, 08:14 AM
On cold starts, a handful of BMWs do this and I guess it is okay. I can feel vibrations from the motor upon startup in the X3 and to a lesser extent, the E90 325i. However, if the engine starts to sputter, it could be an issue, although I'm not sure what.

UncleJ
02-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Brass, sounds like you might have got a batch of bad gas. Had a similar issue in the wife's A4 and it went away after a long drive and fill up with Chevron w/Techron and hasn't been back since. Good luck!

MerckxMad
02-08-2008, 08:19 AM
I had the exact same thing happen to me last night in my '06 X3. Just as I pulled onto the highway, the engine began to shudder and the "check engine soon" light came on. I pulled onto the shoulder, shut the engine off, waited a few seconds and resumed my drive home. A few miles later, the same thing happened and I limped into my driveway with a noticeable rough running engine. This morning, everything was fine. Go figure.

bobotski
02-08-2008, 08:51 AM
I had the exact same thing happen to me last night in my '06 X3. Just as I pulled onto the highway, the engine began to shudder and the "check engine soon" light came on. I pulled onto the shoulder, shut the engine off, waited a few seconds and resumed my drive home. A few miles later, the same thing happened and I limped into my driveway with a noticeable rough running engine. This morning, everything was fine. Go figure.

Sounds like a problem. Starting up shaky in the morning is one thing, suddenly happening while on the highway is another. Have it checked.

Andrew*Debbie
02-08-2008, 12:03 PM
I have a 2006 X3 and the last few times when I start the X3 its running really rough at idle, like shaking almost wanting to stop running. After it warms up a minute it goes away. Any thoughts of what it could be before I take it to the dealer?

Thanks

A tank of bad gas is about the only thing that wouldn't be best handled by the dealer.

UncleJ
02-08-2008, 07:38 PM
+1