PDA

View Full Version : 2007 x3 transmission problems

el-sea
02-11-2008, 05:41 PM
:cry:After 5 pre owned BMW's which I loved, I finally purchased one off of the sales floor. I took it back 2 days later and it has been in and out of the service dept. ever since. Is anyone else having problems? The transmission jumps and is very delayed in responding. The last straw was 5 days after they put a new "softwear" program in it I drove to the mountains. Coming out of a curve in Sport Drive it red lined and never "caught". I almost got rear-ended for the 8th time. I took it to the dealer and said, that's it, I'm done. Is anyone else having problems? Any suggestions? I hate to go to a lawyer! !

noego
02-11-2008, 05:43 PM
never heard of such a thing

MJS
02-11-2008, 05:57 PM
I think you're the only one with this issue.

Amazing.....

kjboyd
02-11-2008, 06:03 PM
dude, did you NOT read any of the posts on this site?!
it's a major known issue, just read a few posts down to find out more.

Evlengr
02-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Oh boy, Read the posts and get a lawyer!!!!!! Lemon Lawyers take time but are free.

Please make sure you go to to the NHTSA web site and post to them as well here is the link: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

If enough pressure is applied to BMWNA they will have to address this openly instead of lying to the majority of their customers, and saying they never heard of it or its your fault.

AzNMpower32
02-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Do you not know how to use the search function? Stop adding fuel to the fire. We don't need 4310 new threads on the issue. If there's a mod reading this, please merge the threads.

Evlengr
02-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Azn dont blame him/her---BMWNA is adding fuel by not addressing this and it seems to be burning out of control!

Zoltar
02-11-2008, 07:10 PM
It's just the way you drive. :bigpimp:

doubledeclutch
02-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Does anyone mind if I create a couple more threads on the transmission issue? I'll give them different titles I promise, it's just that I don't think we have enough. Its fun to post your transmission experiences in more than one thread because other bimmerfest members have such poor memories and tend to forget so easily anyway. It also just feels good to know that you can take over a whole forum and keep posting the same thing over and over again and forget that it is in indeed a community.:rolleyes:

Mitch3672
02-11-2008, 09:38 PM
While I have certainly made comments on this issue I cannot believe you have not seen the umpteen threads regarding this.

As you have seen evlengr has made the whole x3 portion is own vendetta against this known (non) issue instead of starting his own x3sucks.com site or something.

Anyway, I actually do agree the tranny is not perfect. I admit (as I have said before) it does indeed do a little herky jerky for me coming to stop sometimes or on certain slow speed inclines. However, none are out of the norm of an automatic but granted on the edge of "norm" just ever so often always below 40mph.

I love the tranny it has no hesitiation at all and works flawlessly except for the aforementioned

I think some people drive inconsistently, or have multiple drivers maybe and are therefore having compatibility problems with the tranny.

If after say 1000+ miles it is not smooth for you than take it back. If, after all said and done a courteous and competent dealer says the car is normal than baby you're SOL, this car ain't for you. Accept it or join x3sucks.com and sue BMW, the government, and area 51.

Andrew*Debbie
02-12-2008, 05:06 AM
They all drive like that

Seriously, your car is messed up.

Get BMW NA involved. Call BMW customer assistance at 800-831-1117. Consider taking your car to another dealer.Some dealers aren't doing the software update correctly.

If a BMW NA tech or another dealer says the software is correct and up to date, ask for a trade assist. If you don't want another X3, it is time for a lemon law buyback.

AzNMpower32
02-12-2008, 05:10 AM
My gawd, I ask the mod to create ONE sticky thread for ALL the issues, and y'all still can't follow directions.

STE92VE
02-12-2008, 05:18 AM
:cry:After 5 pre owned BMW's which I loved, I finally purchased one off of the sales floor. I took it back 2 days later and it has been in and out of the service dept. ever since. Is anyone else having problems? The transmission jumps and is very delayed in responding. The last straw was 5 days after they put a new "software" program in it I drove to the mountains. Coming out of a curve in Sport Drive it red lined and never "caught". I almost got rear-ended for the 8th time. I took it to the dealer and said, that's it, I'm done. Is anyone else having problems? Any suggestions? I hate to go to a lawyer! !

For one minute, let's forget about the topic that the OP decided to write about because we all know that this issue has been covered extensively.

What gets me is that instead of coming on the forums to do some research before the OP purchases his X3 and possibly gaining some knowledge of known issues, he decides to post a rant and seeks guidance as his first post. Ever hear the phrase "look before you leap"? As others have said, if you perform a search, you will find all the info that you need.

I suggest the moderators close this thread ASAP.

Oh, and I fixed your post. "softwear" is like BVD's...:rofl:

Andrew*Debbie
02-12-2008, 05:31 AM
My gawd, I ask the mod to create ONE sticky thread for ALL the issues, and y'all still can't follow directions.

Sorry, just noticed the sticky. Finally we have a sticky. Thank you.

I'm the 2nd post in that thread.

Evlengr
02-12-2008, 06:07 AM

Working on the sticky now, but your summation was/is not entirely correct and speaks from a biased point of view.

Bringing it up to date for all the new people that are now joining the ranks of over 60% of people polled on this site with AT issues.

pilotman
02-12-2008, 06:34 AM
Seriously, i think everyone needs to take a chill pill

We all understand there are potentially serious problems with the X3 transmission.

However, we must all keep in mind that this forum only represents a tiny, small fraction of the entire X3 population, and I think it is pretty fair to say that while many are having problems, many more (perhaps the majority) are not having any issues.

Our 2007 has NO ISSUES at all.

The information is here for all to find, some accounts of problems are clearly bogus, someone here reposted something that was posted on another forum by someone who was claiming how they almost died, etc. but the only problem is that person had a 2006 model, which has a completely different transmission and engine, and has not had ANY significant reported transmission issues, so that person's account is total BS.

I guess the thing that bothers me the most is, for those of you having problems, that sucks, you have dealt with your situation, lemon lawed, trade assisted or otherwise gotten rid of your cars, so then LEAVE IT ALONE, you are no longer troubled by the vehicle, why do you continue to bash the X3, warn everyone, chime in on every thread etc. :dunno:

The warnings are clear for everyone to see, stop piling on and give it rest. This forum is becoming overly cluttered with transmission issues, and not every X3 suffers from them, probably the minority...

posters on this forum probably account for less than 1% of total owners, and of course others may not report because you will claim they are stupid or ignorant, but you must also keep in mind that many others, like me, have NO PROBLEMS at all...

Evlengr
02-12-2008, 06:38 AM
Great then don't worry about it. Please see sticky thread.

Mitch3672
02-12-2008, 06:53 AM
Seriously, i think everyone needs to take a chill pill

We all understand there are potentially serious problems with the X3 transmission.

However, we must all keep in mind that this forum only represents a tiny, small fraction of the entire X3 population, and I think it is pretty fair to say that while many are having problems, many more (perhaps the majority) are not having any issues.

Our 2007 has NO ISSUES at all.

The information is here for all to find, some accounts of problems are clearly bogus, someone here reposted something that was posted on another forum by someone who was claiming how they almost died, etc. but the only problem is that person had a 2006 model, which has a completely different transmission and engine, and has not had ANY significant reported transmission issues, so that person's account is total BS.

I guess the thing that bothers me the most is, for those of you having problems, that sucks, you have dealt with your situation, lemon lawed, trade assisted or otherwise gotten rid of your cars, so then LEAVE IT ALONE, you are no longer troubled by the vehicle, why do you continue to bash the X3, warn everyone, chime in on every thread etc. :dunno:

The warnings are clear for everyone to see, stop piling on and give it rest. This forum is becoming overly cluttered with transmission issues, and not every X3 suffers from them, probably the minority...

posters on this forum probably account for less than 1% of total owners, and of course others may not report because you will claim they are stupid or ignorant, but you must also keep in mind that many others, like me, have NO PROBLEMS at all...

+1 x1000

In all truth though guys that lemon icon evlengr's got going is very refreshing to look at no? Mmmm....lemonade....

HT417
02-12-2008, 07:39 AM
...that lemon icon evlengr's got going is very refreshing to look at no?

Hmmm... actually it looks a little monochrome to me. Needs a little more bling. Maybe 19 inchers and lower springs for a start. But the color works.

J/K Evl. I know it's a bad situation but you've got to laugh a little or else you're gonna lose it. In the end it's only a vehicle and if BMW doesn't want your loyalty there are plenty of others that do.

STE92VE
02-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Working on the sticky now, but your summation was/is not entirely correct and speaks from a biased point of view.

Evlengr, I understand your frustration but stating that someone has a biased point of view is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Peace, brother...:supdude:

Evlengr
02-12-2008, 08:23 AM
Soon as it's gone I have a new vehicle already picked out.

HT actually thought about photo shopping one with that exact picture and the kidney front.

It would be funny if this wasnt the equivalent of a $40k motorcycle since no one but me can ride in it anymore. If it wasn't so dangerous and costly it wouldn't phase me a bit. I did get a good laugh out of Mitch, but alas I see nothing of his anymore, Lol.

That being said--going to try to stick to the new sticky thread.

Eric in SD
02-12-2008, 10:22 AM

That being said--going to try to stick to the new sticky thread.

Please do.

What would be better is if you started hanging out on the message board filled with fellow enthusiasts of the new vehicle you have picked out, instead of here. It's time to move on Evlengr...

And don't tell me to put you on my ignor list. Threads don't make sense without seeing all comments.

Evlengr
02-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Evlengr, I understand your frustration but stating that someone has a biased point of view is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Peace, brother...:supdude:

Your right---should have said different point of view. :thumbup:

More based upon relevance to owning one of the 07/08 models.

Mitch3672
02-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Now it's a lime? I thought for sure sour grapes.

STE92VE
02-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Come on Mitch...isn't it about time for you 2 to kiss and make up?:grouphug:

BMWx307
02-12-2008, 12:16 PM
My x3 was built at 06/07, and also got software updated, after software update, the x3 loss power and trasmission gear shift happen always over 4k pmr, BMW service checked again, they need to replace DME unit, and ajust the torque, after two weeks in shop, got may car back, and had 300KM on new DME now, it looks great in power and smothly trasminssion shift for now, I expecte no more trasmission problem again. ;)

Mitch3672
02-12-2008, 12:22 PM
My x3 was built at 06/07, and also got software updated, after software update, the x3 loss power and trasmission gear shift happen always over 4k pmr, BMW service checked again, they need to replace DME unit, and ajust the torque, after two weeks in shop, got may car back, and had 300KM on new DME now, it looks great in power and smothly trasminssion shift for now, I expecte no more trasmission problem again. ;)

And that's how it's done.:thumbup:

PS: Two weeks is while. They gave you a car right?

Mitch3672
02-12-2008, 12:26 PM

:dunno:I have no beef. All good here talkin cars like it or not.

HT417
02-12-2008, 12:52 PM
HT actually thought about photo shopping one with that exact picture and the kidney front.

It would be funny if this wasnt the equivalent of a $40k motorcycle since no one but me can ride in it anymore. If it wasn't so dangerous and costly it wouldn't phase me a bit. I did get a good laugh out of Mitch, but alas I see nothing of his anymore, Lol.

LOL, that would work. A 3/4 frontal with the lemon color, kidney grill, water leaking from the doors and a pair of grapes hanging from the rear view. :lmao:.

Seriously, life's too short. Get the leather fixed, trade it in at your "favorite" dealer so they can listen to the next customer complain about the same thing they wouldn't fix for you, ED your next one to reduce the loss on the trade, come on over here, drive down to Garmisch and a few other great destinations of your choosing, enjoy your favorite food and beverage and by the time you get back home it'll all be a distant memory and your wife will be fighting you for the keys again. :thumbup:

Evlengr
02-12-2008, 01:01 PM
If only it was that easy. I would be upside down 3k give or take if I do a trade in.

And the US dollar to the EU has prevented me from going to Europe this year.

So going over to replace a vehicle that has been nothing but trouble for another one that might be a problem again would be a hard sell to the wife.

I love how some people have no problem, but personally attack me with threads. Now that is hypocritical.

HT417
02-12-2008, 01:07 PM
If only it was that easy. I would be upside down 3k give or take if I do a trade in.

And the US dollar to the EU has prevented me from going to Europe this year.

So going over to replace a vehicle that has been nothing but trouble for another one that might be a problem again would be a hard sell to the wife.

You're right... in particular, I forgot about the exchange rate. But, if you continue to be unhappy and have a family that won't get in the car I think that 3K is eventually going to seem fairly insignificant.

BMWx307
02-12-2008, 01:21 PM
And that's how it's done.:thumbup:

PS: Two weeks is while. They gave you a car right?

I did have a car but not BMW, it was ford escap

Mitch3672
02-12-2008, 01:24 PM
I did have a car but not BMW, it was ford escap

Really? Interesting. My dealer only dispenses BMWs as loaners. They must have rented you a cheap SUV type vehicle because yours was an SUV.

HT417
02-12-2008, 01:35 PM

I think you've noted yourself that others you've driven have shifted correctedly so I think the odds are good that it won't happen again. Even after all of my problems I'm still optimistic that my next one will be more reliable. I'm extremely fortunate to be getting the "assist" but like life in general it's all about people and the people who sold me the car really gave a **** about my experience and fought for me. Needless to say, they'll always get my business and referrals. Maybe your luck will change soon.

TexRob
02-12-2008, 01:42 PM
The OP was obviously a troll, 1 post, obviously created to get a rise out of everyone.

AzNMpower32
02-12-2008, 02:45 PM
The OP was obviously a troll, 1 post, obviously created to get a rise out of everyone.
Could be true. Hasn't been back to check since the first post.

Evlengr
02-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Or maybe they were treated so well on their first post that they figured it was a waste of time.

Zoltar
02-12-2008, 04:07 PM

Whatcha gettin?
Murano?
Cayenne?
RDX?
1973 Volkswagon Thing? :D

Evlengr
02-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Hugo--they are more reliable, Lol.

Would have gone with a MT X3 but given the circumstances I think the whole BMW persona is not my thing. Owning this vehicle has gone beyond the physical ownership but gaining an understanding of BMW owners.

Most have been very nice but certain unnamed folks are so unpleasant it make me want to have nothing to do with BMW's anymore.

They are as polarized as today's 50/50 politics.

I have never been one to stick my fingers in my ears and cover my eyes to poor CS and QA because the cheerleaders scream its wonderful. It seems to me that there are a large majority that share my observations with the X3 (given the two polls on this site) but are reluctant to speak up 'lest they be characterized as trouble makers.

I was going to drive the Cayenne this weekend, but have to wait since this goes back in the shop again on Thursday for the water leak and upholstry coming apart on the head rest. It's a sure bet they won't have it back until Monday.

Believe it or not the infiniti is to gimmicky for even me.

Murano --too much plastic

Porsche loved my 924S so that alone makes the Cayenne a contender.

RDX --in the running a very viable alternative. Very smooth accleration and handles well (not as good as the X3 I must admit--the handling that is)

Actually my GTI was an 84 and was still running well at 185k plus miles when I traded it in. Sad day that was.

Eric in SD
02-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Since this thread was started by a troll and is trashed anyway, I thought I would share here something I stumbled on. Now, I am pretty sure Evlengr has me on his ignor list so he won't see this and be offended that I posted. This thread pretty much speaks for itself on the controversy that the Evl one has been attracting for months.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249991

Now I don't advocate personal attacks, but the fact is this guy hates BMW's, hates BMW owners, and especially hates BMWNA and BMW dealers. I like my BMW's, a lot, so I take almost every post by this guy as a personal attack. It has gone way beyond "I am just doing this to teach BMW a lesson and get them to admit they are wrong". Why does he still hang out here? Maybe because a few people kowtow to Evl, and you know the bad child always gets more attention.

As long as he stays on this board, I am out of here.

Mitch3672
02-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Since this thread was started by a troll and is trashed anyway, I thought I would share here something I stumbled on. Now, I am pretty sure Evlengr has me on his ignor list so he won't see this and be offended that I posted. This thread pretty much speaks for itself on the controversy that the Evl one has been attracting for months.

Now I don't advocate personal attacks, but the fact is this guy hates BMW's, hates BMW owners, and especially hates BMWNA and BMW dealers. I like my BMW's, a lot, so I take almost every post by this guy as a personal attack. It has gone way beyond "I am just doing this to teach BMW a lesson and get them to admit they are wrong". Why does he still hang out here? Maybe because a few people kowtow to Evl, and you know the bad child always gets more attention.

Don't let evl cause you any personal grief. He is a guy that hates himself for buying car he does not want and will say what he wants to satiate himself about it.

I mean just read this desperate quote by evl

Owning this vehicle has gone beyond the physical ownership but gaining an understanding of BMW owners.

Most have been very nice but certain unnamed folks are so unpleasant it make me want to have nothing to do with BMW's anymore.

You see, here is a person at a BMW enthusiast site where we don't know each other but share our passions about our vehicles. But this guy in the end does NOT swear off his car in the end after all the bull he dished out. No blames the rubbish towards people he does not and cannot know.

I don't harbour or hate evl. I don't know him.

But you dish it out you better know you'll get it back.

I'm all about discussions on our cars heated or otherwise.
Stick around Eric.:thumbup:
evl will be in on the honda forums anyway before long. He'll have nothing more to say here when he has no BMW to talk about.

NetSpySD
02-12-2008, 06:55 PM

+1 an existing fest member having some fun. You would think more folks would have a clue. :rofl:

Evlengr
02-12-2008, 07:29 PM

No actually just Mitch since he claims he doesnt have a personal vendetta but creates a thread to specifically attack me. Me I just ignore him like any mouthy child (using your reference).

Actually Eric I am glad you put that link up since it shows that a good amount of people were rude to me from the git go. I simply wanted to improve the sound system. I have never liked the sound system in any vehicle I purchased. When I asked people for advice I got berated and told that my work was crap.

Did I throw myself on the floor and threaten to leave. No.

A number of people still PM for advice on how to improve their sound system or install iPod interfaces and I help them since not even BMW will helpt with that.

Also, I have 100's of PM's concerning the problematic 07 and now 08 transmission. And what if any resolution is there to it. None so far. No one has had the tranny problem fixed 100% if they have it. If this transmission problem had not been kept in the fore front a large amount of people would have been swept aside by the dealers or BMWNA. Many now have new trouble free BMW's or have moved on to other vehicles.

So do I help people by asking them about pictures or leather colors, Nope. But I have helped numbers of people with things like the electronics or faulty transmissions that most of you would not.

So am I an enthusiast like you ? Probably not. Could I have be? Maybe? If BMW will simply fix the problem. That simple.

Mitch3672
02-12-2008, 07:37 PM
So am I an enthusiast like you ? Probably not. Could I have be? Maybe? If BMW will simply fix the problem. That simple.

That simple? You got to be kidding me. After all this. Oh, no you did not just say that. :rofl::rofl::

[QUOTE=Evlengr;3006234]No actually%

MJS
02-12-2008, 07:48 PM

Ahhh yes, I remember that quite well. That's the one that did it for me. From then on I knew what kind of person he was.

I'm sure I'm on his ignore list as well. Not that I've "attacked" him or anything. Far from it. My view wasn't the same as his, so that's enough to get you added.

Yes, my transmission has issues.
Yes, I've complained about it on this board.
Yes, I've complained to my dealer about it and received a software update.
No, it's not 100%. But I can deal with it - manual mode.
This is where I'm at. I'm not handing out fliers at the mall. Nor collecting signatures for a petition to get it fixed.

People come and go over the years. Such is life. I wouldn't let one annoyance deter you. Nor would I add him to an ignore list. That's just retarded and narrow minded.

doubledeclutch
02-12-2008, 08:03 PM
I think the whole BMW persona is not my thing. Owning this vehicle has gone beyond the physical ownership but gaining an understanding of BMW owners.

Dude, what are you doing posting 20 times a day on a BMW forum then? You're practically admiting that you're a troll by saying that and then posting all the time. :dunno:

MJS
02-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Actually Eric I am glad you put that link up since it shows that a good amount of people were rude to me from the git go. I simply wanted to improve the sound system. I have never liked the sound system in any vehicle I purchased. When I asked people for advice I got berated and told that my work was crap.

You really need to re-read that thread. Seriously, re-read it. No one said your work was crap.
Cliff notes:
- The original poster said the stock stereo system sounded crap. And asked for replacement advice.
- Some posters made a laugh over Crabs and STDs.
- Other posters chimed in with opinions of it sounding ok to their ears. Perfectly legit for a forum.
- You advised on the technical mastery of it.
- You berated other posters for replying at all if it didn't involve replacement.
- You, me, and others exchanged some thoughts. Got nowhere really.
- End of thread.

That about sums it up.

Evlengr
02-12-2008, 08:52 PM
You really need to re-read that thread. Seriously, re-read it. No one said your work was crap.
Cliff notes:
- The original poster said the stock stereo system sounded crap. And asked for replacement advice.
- Some posters made a laugh over Crabs and STDs.
- Other posters chimed in with opinions of it sounding ok to their ears. Perfectly legit for a forum.
- You advised on the technical mastery of it.
- You berated other posters for replying at all if it didn't involve replacement.
- You, me, and others exchanged some thoughts. Got nowhere really.
- End of thread.

That about sums it up.

Not really --you may want to also re-read the threads.

-I was told to take it to a professional by the most popular poster on this site (since electronics are my profession I found that insulting).

-After doing a near perfect install with pictures I was told it was a "Hack" job and that I "Butchered" my car.

-And, "I would hate to look at that all day"

-Then later I was told to buy a Honda if I wanted to trick a car out.

That is what I read and heard.

One poster posted a picture of custom work they had done and were immediately scoffed at by, "Why oh why would you do that"!

Now that about sums it up

So I was supposed to say, "Oh thank you for insulting me", of course I responded in kind.

Kind of hard taking things with a "Grain of Salt".

When you spend $40k + on a car, and another $3k on the sound system only to be ridiculed by posters.

Then later to have the car that I sunk all this money into act like it does, and be told by posters, BMW dealer, and BMWNA that its your fault--- only for many to sheepishly admit later on there is a problem -- deal with it.

This site is to exchange info good and bad.

And I am thankful it's here even with certain posters that spend their time criticizing people instead of critiquing the vehicle to help improve it.

Mitch3672
02-12-2008, 09:20 PM

I was told to take it to a professional by the most popular poster on this site (since electronics are my profession I found that insulting).

After doing a near perfect install with pictures I was told it was a "Hack" job and that I "Butchered" my car.

And, "I would hate to look at that all day"

Then later I was told to buy a Honda if I wanted to trick a car out.

One poster posted a picture of custom work they had done and were immediately scoffed at by, "Why oh why would you do that"!

So kind of hard taking things with a "Grain of Salt"

When you spend $40k + on a car, and another $3k on the sound system only to be ridiculed by posters

Good luck returning the vehicle for refund now. I wasn't aware of the radio till today. It gets better and better with this guy. Very entertaining.

Oh, I can see the return whine now "It's not entertaining when you spend 40K on a car" blah blah blah.

The car as whole, the tranny, the radio, the brand, the community, man oh man you are a character.:yikes:

I am going to go check out Honda forums if you ever get your CRV turbo which seems less likely now that you have a "one off" Bimmer you hate and not one will want.

Sonoman707
02-12-2008, 10:12 PM

-I was told to take it to a professional by the most popular poster on this site (since electronics are my profession I found that insulting).

-After doing a near perfect install with pictures I was told it was a "Hack" job and that I "Butchered" my car.

Man... no offense - and whatever makes you happy - it's your ride.

But I simply couldn't look at this everytime I got in my X3 even if it sounded like the best car stereo in the world.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102242&d=1174965758

MJS
02-13-2008, 03:34 AM

-Then later I was told to buy a Honda if I wanted to trick a car out.

So I was supposed to say, "Oh thank you for insulting me", of course I responded in kind.

Kind of hard taking things with a "Grain of Salt".

When you spend $40k + on a car, and another $3k on the sound system only to be ridiculed by posters.

Then later to have the car that I sunk all this money into act like it does, and be told by posters, BMW dealer, and BMWNA that its your fault--- only for many to sheepishly admit later on there is a problem -- deal with it.

This site is to exchange info good and bad.

And I am thankful it's here even with certain posters that spend their time criticizing people instead of critiquing the vehicle to help improve it.
WTF are you talking about? The thread that Eric in SD linked to goes to a post started by Danlauz, not you. Not your pictures. Not any bashing. You're talking about an entirely different thread. Like I said, re-read the posted link.

Amazing. Just amazing.... Is it possible that link takes us to two different threads? I seriously doubt it.

dashiell
02-13-2008, 04:02 AM
Can't we all just get along? Seriously I'm starting to feel like Evl is the kid in school that's getting picked on and now I need to jump in. Evl, you do have valid points...that being said , you bring a lot of this on yourself by being a black cloud over many various threads. Most people on this site love their BMW(it is after all a BMW site). Having a car with a transmission problem is an awful thing(especially after carefully putting a lot of time and money into a great sounding system), I've been there, but you are casting a gloom over the proceedings. We are here to have a good time, have a couple of drinks, possibly try to take the hot blond home and you're the wing man blowing our wrap with the story of your recent surgery gone wrong.

STE92VE
02-13-2008, 04:42 AM
Now it's a lime? I thought for sure sour grapes.

:dunno:I have no beef. All good here talkin cars like it or not.

Can't we all just get along? Seriously I'm starting to feel like Evl is the kid in school that's getting picked on and now I need to jump in. Evl, you do have valid points...that being said , you bring a lot of this on yourself by being a black cloud over many various threads. Most people on this site love their BMW(it is after all a BMW site). Having a car with a transmission problem is an awful thing(especially after carefully putting a lot of time and money into a great sounding system), I've been there, but you are casting a gloom over the proceedings. We are here to have a good time, have a couple of drinks, possibly try to take the hot blond home and you're the wing man blowing our wrap with the story of your recent surgery gone wrong.

+1.... I tried to make peace but you need both parties to learn to tolerate each other. It seems that this is impossible with these 2. I suggest they ignore each other's posts and move on with their lives.

Oh, and dashiell...you trying to make this a race issue now?? (:D j/k, but demonstrating that it's easy to get off topic and create controversy where none was intended)

Evlengr
02-13-2008, 05:45 AM
WTF are you talking about? The thread that Eric in SD linked to goes to a post started by Danlauz, not you. Not your pictures. Not any bashing. You're talking about an entirely different thread. Like I said, re-read the posted link.

Amazing. Just amazing.... Is it possible that link takes us to two different threads? I seriously doubt it.

MJS Like I said selective hearing. That was only part of the story. The one's I pointed out were direct accounts of several other "Popular" posters here that I posted when I first came to Bimmerfest asking for advice. In response I got nothing but negativity. You only hear your point of view.

Funny thing is that I reread the thread and two of the posters that slammed me, I still helped out. Can you say the same?

Another poster that showed his work (that he seemed very proud of) never returned here after being bashed by the "Popular" posters here.

So you see its ok for some folks to "Mod" their X3's but not with others when it doesn't agree with your point of view.

And any one can go through someone's previous posts and take things out of context to support their view.

I don't read Mitch's posts but people continue to link them so I can see that he tries to pretend it's all in "Levity" and other cute terms to veil that he is a venomous unhappy person and was the kid on the playground that got picked on, and now has to try to bully someone else.

I get along just fine...just not with bully's and Mitch is a text book example of one.

Back to the original topic the transmission: It doesnt work. BMWNA has had plenty of time to fix it, and they haven't. Plain and simple. So why in the world would you put up with it?

I'm sure someone has wondered about the stereo, since I am going to replace the vehicle with a MT or another vehicle (that is up to the dealer at this point). The whole thing was designed with (molex) connectors that directly conform to BMW's schematics and wiring and is seemlessly removable with no "Mods" needed. Nothing was cut or changed to integrate the system. Also, unlike using the dice (that seems to work) or the Aux control that allows no control over th iPod the interface set up is controlled from the steering controls and is hidden away.

As far as the gloom. I am making a point of staying away from any posts not pertaining to the AT or defending my stance.

Dash the blondes all yours...I would be the guy blocking the angry drunk that insists on picking a fight since he saw the blonde first and he is the authority on blondes.

pilotman
02-13-2008, 07:01 AM
I consider myself a pretty neutral observer here, and I have had a 2006 and 2007 X3.

I guess I'm a little confused, certain people just keep hammering away at this issue.

Lemon law your car, sell it, assign the lease or do a trade assist. Just get rid of it. Some of you have already done so, yet you KEEP complaining, over and over, about a vehicle you no longer own...

I'm getting tired of this entire X3 subforum being trashed with AT threads. We get the point, we don't need 15 threads. Anyone who is considering the vehicle and who is searching here is bound to find your complaints, you succeeded in getting your point across.

Now give it a rest, I think it is fair to say most people are getting tired of hearing about this issue, which is completely cluttering up the X3 area and distracting others from exchanging useful information.

It appears a problem exists, but you have to keep in mind that the number of people posting here represents less than 1% of all X3 owners, and even according to polls here a lot of people aren't having any problems, myself included. Some of the posts being relied upon are clearly bogus, for example, some reposted a post from another forum where a guy is complaining about a 2006 X3 and how he almost "died". What a joke, as we all know, the 2006 is a completely different engine and transmission and has had almost zero reported problems in this regard...that is clearly someone just bashing for the sake of bashing.

How about we create one master AT issue thread, and for those of you who want to keep complaining and addressing the issue, you can keep posting until the next generation X3 comes out...but please don't keep wasting everyone else's time by posting multiple, duplicative threads on the same subject, over and over.

I just don't get it, I understand you are upset, but really, I think it is time to give it a rest. Seems like some really strong emotions (dare I say hatred) over a car...:dunno:

Evlengr
02-13-2008, 07:05 AM
Umm they did. And the majority of people polled DO have a problem with the 07/08 transmission.

MJS
02-13-2008, 07:07 AM
I give up. This is ridiculous...

x3ml
02-13-2008, 09:01 AM
It appears a problem exists, but you have to keep in mind that the number of people posting here represents less than 1% of all X3 owners, and even according to polls here a lot of people aren't having any problems, myself included.

Pilotman, I think you should also have to keep in mind that perhaps less than 1% of the number of people who are having AT issues would post something in this forum. A lot of people who look at these forums never said a thing, because they know someone else did the talking for them already.

Mitch3672
02-13-2008, 09:09 AM
MJS Like I said selective hearing. That was only part of the story. The one's I pointed out were direct accounts of several other "Popular" posters here that I posted when I first came to Bimmerfest asking for advice. In response I got nothing but negativity. You only hear your point of view.

Funny thing is that I reread the thread and two of the posters that slammed me, I still helped out. Can you say the same?

Another poster that showed his work (that he seemed very proud of) never returned here after being bashed by the "Popular" posters here.

So you see its ok for some folks to "Mod" their X3's but not with others when it doesn't agree with your point of view.

And any one can go through someone's previous posts and take things out of context to support their view.

I don't read Mitch's posts but people continue to link them so I can see that he tries to pretend it's all in "Levity" and other cute terms to veil that he is a venomous unhappy person and was the kid on the playground that got picked on, and now has to try to bully someone else.

I get along just fine...just not with bully's and Mitch is a text book example of one.

Back to the original topic the transmission: It doesnt work. BMWNA has had plenty of time to fix it, and they haven't. Plain and simple. So why in the world would you put up with it?

I'm sure someone has wondered about the stereo, since I am going to replace the vehicle with a MT or another vehicle (that is up to the dealer at this point). The whole thing was designed with (molex) connectors that directly conform to BMW's schematics and wiring and is seemlessly removable with no "Mods" needed. Nothing was cut or changed to integrate the system. Also, unlike using the dice (that seems to work) or the Aux control that allows no control over th iPod the interface set up is controlled from the steering controls and is hidden away.

As far as the gloom. I am making a point of staying away from any posts not pertaining to the AT or defending my stance.

Dash the blondes all yours...I would be the guy blocking the angry drunk that insists on picking a fight since he saw the blonde first and he is the authority on blondes.

:eeps:WTF post man. LOL. Now losing interest rapidly in evl. Ausgang is to your right evl.

Snow-man
02-13-2008, 09:49 AM
Wow---brand new to this forum. Haven't even bought one yet but this Mitch3672 is really nasty.
If he doesn't like what this person writes why doesn't he just move on? I am just trying to get a handle on this whole transmission thing since I really want an X3 and may just get the manual depending on its shifting just the same. But are all the posters this childish?
More importantly. Without outside influences would you choose a manual or automatic and why?

Mitch3672
02-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Wow---brand new to this forum. Haven't even bought one yet but this Mitch3672 is really nasty.
If he doesn't like what this person writes why doesn't he just move on? I am just trying to get a handle on this whole transmission thing since I really want an X3 and may just get the manual depending on its shifting just the same. But are all the posters this childish?
More importantly. Without outside influences would you choose a manual or automatic and why?

LOL! Give me a break both for your child response and the lame question. Start a new thread. Don't worry jerk I will not be interested because if you gotta ask....:thumbdwn:

AzNMpower32
02-13-2008, 10:13 AM
I really want to shift this whole discussion to the one sticky/master thread that I had asked KrisL to create. I really appreciate him for doing this, because there are no mods for the X3 board specifically.

Mitch3672
02-13-2008, 10:16 AM
BTW, snow-man or whomever. Don't think that on one hand it is OK to call someone nasty or childish on an open forum and not get a response.

It's always the same with all you sheepish yahoos. Dish it out but weak to get it back.

That is not me being a bully. It being an upright man that can put up not shut up. And really anyone that might have problem with that can kiss it. I'm here for cars not crazys.

But, I will still respect your freedom to say what you want within the limits of decency.

pilotman
02-13-2008, 10:17 AM
I really want to shift this whole discussion to the one sticky/master thread that I had asked KrisL to create. I really appreciate him for doing this, because there are no mods for the X3 board specifically.

Thank god, it should be done.

I don't care if people keep discussing this issue, hell, discuss it until you die for all I care, but please stop cluttering the whole X3 area. We'll dedicate a master thread and you guys can piss and moan about it forever amongst yourselves, and if anyone is interested they can join in, its all about free exchange of useful information, but it should be done in a more organized fashion.

pilotman
02-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Umm they did. And the majority of people polled DO have a problem with the 07/08 transmission.

wrong, even according to the poll i just looked at here, 60% of owners report no problems whatsoever.

Mitch3672
02-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Thank god, it should be done.

I don't care if people keep discussing this issue, hell, discuss it until you die for all I care, but please stop cluttering the whole X3 area. We'll dedicate a master thread and you guys can piss and moan about it forever amongst yourselves, and if anyone is interested they can join in, its all about free exchange of useful information, but it should be done in a more organized fashion.

Good. Do it.

kjboyd
02-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Mitch: if you are SO frustrated and tired of all the posts on this,,, WHY do you keep posting on it too?

And let's add this to it too: if there ISN'T a problem, WHY THEN IS BMW TRADE ASSISTING AND BUYING BACK PEOPLE'S X3. Out of the goodness of their hearts? please, it's cause there IS a problem.
be thankful you don't have one of the problem cars.

x3ml
02-13-2008, 10:54 AM
wrong, even according to the poll i just looked at here, 60% of owners report no problems whatsoever.

Pilotman, sorry to interrupt again, am I looking at it wrong?:

Poll: 07/08 X3 Owners: Does your 6AT Steptronic give you problems?
25 Yes, 16 No

Looks like 60% have problems according to this poll?!?

Mitch3672
02-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Mitch: if you are SO frustrated and tired of all the posts on this,,, WHY do you keep posting on it too?

And let's add this to it too: if there ISN'T a problem, WHY THEN IS BMW TRADE ASSISTING AND BUYING BACK PEOPLE'S X3. Out of the goodness of their hearts? please, it's cause there IS a problem.
be thankful you don't have one of the problem cars.

I am not immune to the idea that someone may have a dud car. And I have had quite a few Bimmers and all had to go back in for something or the other. But, the cars are wonderful and the dealer (if competent) has always listed and fixed the problems.

But evl and the like agitate because they are out of touch totally and like to dish out and then shocked when they get it back.

I ask this:

What facts have you about BMW trade assisting people's X3 and for what reason?
Give me some solid info on that and then I can answer the question.

As it stands I have no data on the facts. Due educate, start a thread even.

KrisL
02-13-2008, 11:40 AM
As AzNMPower suggested, please continue discussion in the master thread. I'm going to lock this one, and please remember to refrain from personal attacks everyone :).