PDA

View Full Version : Insane Intermittent Rattle... Finally Solved.

Sonoman707
02-12-2008, 02:29 PM
:)

On and off for the past year or so - there has been a bit of a rattle I couldn't locate/identify in my '04. Seemed to only happen when driving over a rough spot in the road at speed... or maybe a speed bump... but not always. Not really loud - but definitely noticeable.

Seemed to be coming from the left side dash or instrument cluster area... or the leading edge of the driver's door / pillar. A loose metal sounding rattle. :confused:

Temperature didn't seem to play into it. Sometimes it would disappear for weeks... only to reappear when I had almost forgotten it.

Due to the infrequency and inability to locate the source - I never mentioned it on service calls, etc.

The source of my "rattle" was in fact... my rattle. :D

Seems the metal wrist band on my Seiko watch I wear occassionally is loose enough when my hand is in certain positions on the steering wheel to actually "rattle" if I drive over a rough spot. :rofl:

Taking it in to have a link removed this week. :thumbup:

MJS
02-12-2008, 02:34 PM
LOL! Now that's funny.

HT417
02-12-2008, 02:39 PM
I recently started noticing a rattle, too. I guess it's time to check my watch. Hope mine's that simple, too.

AzNMpower32
02-12-2008, 03:43 PM
That's hilarious! :rofl: Glad you got it er--- fixed.

Mystic1
02-12-2008, 07:13 PM
That's funny for 2 reasons. First is obvious, it's a funny story. Second, same thing happened to me a month or so ago. :D

Sans Nil
02-13-2008, 09:12 AM
I have a funny rattle in my 2007 X3 that's related to the "fingers" (not sure what to call them) in the driver's cup holder. It's pretty minor and I keep meaning to try to put some sort of lining in there to see if that will stop it, but it took me the longest time to track it down to the cup holder. If it's empty, no problem. It actually was bugging me the most when I couldn't figure out what was causing it!

STE92VE
02-14-2008, 06:15 AM
Seems the metal wrist band on my Seiko watch I wear occassionally is loose enough when my hand is in certain positions on the steering wheel to actually "rattle" if I drive over a rough spot. :rofl:

I think there is a SIB on this issue.....:rofl: