PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Auto Show

jo-e90
02-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Bmw 1 series was very nice. Looked like a nice little balanced coupe with plenty of HP.
They had 2 X3's there. One was an '08 and the other was an '05 advertising the CPO program.
Talked to a dealer there and told Him that I would like to get an '08, but will have to settle for the used '05 because of the transmission issues with the newer models. He did not deny there was a problem but simply agreed with my reason for getting the old model.

IMO , Auto Shows are just a facade of what really is going on. Although many customers have almost trouble free experiences, what is not represented is the Manufacturers lack of interest in solving customers legitimate concerns about habitual unfixed problems, some that could be fatal.

Who cares about ipod, bluetooth, 360 degree camera, etc. at times like these. Customers dont want more, they want more quality and customer care. Dealers: Just leave your cars on the lot and open just a booth at the auto shows asking customers what they think. Concentrate on resolving these issues and you will have more future customers without showing any cars at all.

Terry J. Harris
02-14-2008, 09:37 PM
So true Jo.

STE92VE
02-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Talked to a dealer there and told Him that I would like to get an '08, but will have to settle for the used '05 because of the transmission issues with the newer models. He did not deny there was a problem but simply agreed with my reason for getting the old model.
I think he would have agreed with you no matter what your decision was. No reason for him to be confrontational.

IMO , Auto Shows are just a facade of what really is going on. Although many customers have almost trouble free experiences, what is not represented is the Manufacturers lack of interest in solving customers legitimate concerns about habitual unfixed problems, some that could be fatal.
Agree with you here.

Who cares about ipod, bluetooth, 360 degree camera, etc. at times like these. Customers dont want more, they want more quality and customer care. Dealers: Just leave your cars on the lot and open just a booth at the auto shows asking customers what they think. Concentrate on resolving these issues and you will have more future customers without showing any cars at all.
The manufacturers leave this to the likes of JD Power et al...
I disagree about not showing any cars though. I found it very convenient to look at all the brands that I had interest in under one roof and was able to eliminate some of my options without going to different individual dealerships.