PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent hesitation

dicor
02-19-2008, 08:36 AM
I've got an 04 3.0I 45,000 miles on it. When I give it the gas I will occasionally get a hesitation, actually feels like it's mis-firing. This only happens when your getting on it not when your starting off slowly. I use 91 plus octane and it happened wiyh several different tanks of gas from various gas stations, so I've rule out bad gas. It has a smooth/quite idle. I'm going to take it in to the dealer to have it looked at but I was hoping if someone out there has had a similar experience they might relay it.

Sonoman707
02-19-2008, 09:00 AM
I've got an 04 3.0I 45,000 miles on it. When I give it the gas I will occasionally get a hesitation, actually feels like it's mis-firing. This only happens when your getting on it not when your starting off slowly. I use 91 plus octane and it happened wiyh several different tanks of gas from various gas stations, so I've rule out bad gas. It has a smooth/quite idle. I'm going to take it in to the dealer to have it looked at but I was hoping if someone out there has had a similar experience they might relay it.

Sounds like mine when the oxygen sensor went bad.

AzNMpower32
02-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Out of curiosity, did you get the ignition coils replaced when the recall came out a couple years ago?

jamesbirkholz
02-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Auto or manual? There were some issues w/automatic hesitation that were apparently software related. It may be worth a call to the mothership and there is apparently a software update available.

It might not be something mechanical per se...

Good luck

UncleJ
02-19-2008, 12:40 PM
All of the above. Sounds like a job for the dealer since it appears under warranty (unless its time expired).

AzNMpower32
02-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Auto or manual? There were some issues w/automatic hesitation that were apparently software related. It may be worth a call to the mothership and there is apparently a software update available.

It might not be something mechanical per se...

Good luck
He has an '04 which had the 5-speed automatic transmission, that has been pretty much problem-free. So it's highly unlikely he has the same issues.

Sonoman707
02-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Out of curiosity, did you get the ignition coils replaced when the recall came out a couple years ago?

Mine were not part of the recall... build date possibly come into play?

Given his description - I'd bet money on the O2 Sensor.

dicor
02-19-2008, 02:20 PM
I just got the car a few months ago and did not know about the ignition coil recall. That would be a good place to start. :thumbup:
I did have the O2 sensors replaced for a previous problem and thanks to this forum I asked the dealership to update the transmissions software the last time it was in. Whether they anything is questionable although they said they did.

This forum is a good resource to check in with before you talk to the dealer, if they sense you know a little more than the average owner they just may dig a little harder to solve your problem.