PDA

View Full Version : Goals for 2002... NE1 else? (on topic)

LilEccentricJ
12-24-2001, 05:38 PM
My goal for 2002 is to pay off my car and maybe celebrate after by installing an exhaust system? or some other sort of mod. Not real sure yet. I do know I want to SC after the warranty runs out tho!

<P ALIGN=CENTER>This one is called "fart" http://piccentric.com/images/smile/fart.gif</P>

___lk___
12-24-2001, 05:43 PM
i'm gunna pay mine off too i think....depends on bonus check. :rolleyes:

hts
12-24-2001, 06:24 PM
Once we settle on the new place, take out a HEL (right now, they're around 4.5% or so, tax-deductible), which is even better than the 5.9% I got through BMWFS.

Shinobi
12-24-2001, 06:48 PM
My goal is to add more trophies to my growing collection of Autocross awards. Started in May of this year by attending driving school and have since competed in 10 events. I won an award in 6 of them. More importantly, I'd like to simply get better at my driving skills and take the car to its limits. Of course, I'd also like to complete my modifications, which include a new exhaust as well as a set of Brembos.

Pics of the awards I've won so far at:

http://shinobi.bmw330ci.com/Awards/default.htm

Merry Christmas to all = )

LilEccentricJ
12-24-2001, 06:57 PM
Shinobi,

Congratulations on your awards and best of luck in your future endeavors!

I have thought about driving school myself, you know, the Performance Center... I'd be happy to just get down the road in a straight line if you know what I mean.

BTW, I like the "cone" trophy, looks tight!

LilEccentricJ
12-24-2001, 07:17 PM
Shinobi,

Did you do the VDO's yourself? If so, can you rate the difficulty of the installation and the time needed? Also, where did you order them? That might become a prior to payoff goal.. like I could use some Christmas money to do it. TIA

Shinobi
12-24-2001, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by LilEccentricJ
Shinobi,

Did you do the VDO's yourself? If so, can you rate the difficulty of the installation and the time needed? Also, where did you order them? That might become a prior to payoff goal.. like I could use some Christmas money to do it. TIA

No, actually I contacted JonM of LeatherZ.com. He used to live an hour away from me so I stopped by after emailing him. The parts were $200. He asked for $100 for the 4 hour install, but I gave him twice that much (and some beer) because I like helping out the small guy and more importantly, he did a really good job. I watched and helped when I could and he was very meticulous about doing it right. He lives in Seattle now, and one of the members of e46fanatics.com, JawKnee, has been in touch with him for those same gauges. Although I installed alot of my mods myself, I had Jon do the install, because it is NOT an easy install. There's something like 10 pages of instructions.

It is by far, my most popular mod. I get alot of people asking about it. It looks really cool, like it came with the car. Especially at night. Its useful to me too, as I can see when I can start driving my car hard (when the oil temp gets up to over 200 degrees) and if I have any problems (like when the oil pressure is way down).

Regarding that cone trophy, everybody who ventures into my cubicle laughs at it. Too many people picked it up to make fun of it that I ended up taping it to a stand so that nobody would mess with it anymore.

LilEccentricJ
12-24-2001, 07:30 PM
Shinobi,

Thanx for your quick reply and now I remember asking you that (on .org) back when you got it done. Do you have the instructions, like maybe you could post them on your site? I would like to see what is involved before I get to psyched on it. I would like them tho.

You and I are thinkin the same on the ESS SC. Worth the $5500 dunno? but would be fun! Take care of that sweet ride man!