PDA

View Full Version : BMW: 50-State Diesel coming to US

Sonoman707
02-20-2008, 04:33 PM
this fall BMW announced to dealers at NADA.

It will be available in the 3 Series and the X5.

You can bet the next gen of the X3 will have it as an option as well. :)

Be Em Double Yu
02-21-2008, 12:29 PM
Sounds like it's going to be an amazing engine.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Uniquely/FutureTechnologies/EfficientDynamics/AdvancedDiesel.aspx

LMC
02-21-2008, 08:58 PM
You can bet the next gen of the X3 will have it as an option as well. :)

But only if BMW Diesels sell. If the Diesels are a hit in the US, I would expect to see them available in most of the range. If they flop in the USA, they go away in a few years.

I'd love a Diesel. 335d too small. X5d too large. X3d just right but unavailable now.

cbj
02-22-2008, 11:06 AM
I will be very surprised if they will not be a hit. Amazing engines and its time for the US to enter the new world of diesels.

x3man
02-22-2008, 02:58 PM
BMW is going to lose money on this. Diesel has never been popular here in the US. Once again, the ONLY way it would be accepted is if it were a diesel-electric plug-in hybrid. BMW will lose money otherwise because only a few fanatics will buy them.

x3nick
02-23-2008, 08:09 AM
BMW is going to lose money on this. Diesel has never been popular here in the US. Once again, the ONLY way it would be accepted is if it were a diesel-electric plug-in hybrid. BMW will lose money otherwise because only a few fanatics will buy them.
If you had ever driven one of the latest BMW diesels you would not say this, my 3.0.sd twin turbo diesel X3 is much faster, more torque and far more economical than the 3.0si petrol, 0-62mph 6.6, the newer version is 6.4, 420+lb/ft of torque, top speed 149mph and never does less tha 31mpg(UK gallons), why would you buy a petrol?

cbj
02-24-2008, 05:21 AM
Plus x3man read this

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2640/

Any drive a BMW diesel and you will know what x3nick talks about. You can even chip tune it and its even faster with plenty power to pull my friends new X5 diesel.