PDA

View Full Version : Official Bimmerfest 2008 Friday Night Dinner

tim330i
02-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Official Bimmerfest 2008 Friday Night Dinner

*** Dinner sign up is offically CLOSED ***

In the tradition of the BayBimmerz dinners we are pleased to announce the Official Bimmerfest 2008 Friday night Dinner!

The dinner will be served at Earl Warren Show Grounds Friday night between 7pm and 9pm. Dinner will be served in the tradition of the Elephant bar with food from Marshall's Bodacious BBQ - http://www.marshallsbodaciousbbq.com.

Menu -
** Certified Angus Tri-tip
** Half BBQ Chicken
** Italian Sausage links (hot or mild)
** Green salad with ranch or Italian dressings on the side
** Potato Salad
** Chili with Beans
** Garlic French bread
** Non-alcoholic beverages included
** Alcoholic beverages available for purchase

Date/Time -
Friday May 2nd from 7pm - 9pm

Location -
Warren Hall
Earl Warren Showgrounds - Same location as Bimmerfest 2008
3400 Calle Reel
Santa Barbara, CA 93105

Cost -
$30.00 USD per person with all inclusive buffet and non-alcoholic beverages. Alcoholic beverages available for purchase.

Register and pay via secure online credit card while you sign up for Bimmerfest 2008!

Online Event Registration for Bimmerfest 2008 Santa Barbara (https://eventreg.bimmerfest.com/events.php?action=insertregistration&EvId=1)

Post here when you are signed up! :beerchug::guitar::supdude:

See you May 2nd for dinner and May 3rd for the show,
The Bimmerfest Team

Keith
02-23-2008, 08:06 AM
Great job Tim & Mark! :thumbup:

I'm signed up for dinner and registration and looking forward to Bimmerfest '08.

See y'all in a little over 3 months. http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Smilies/yahoo.gif

GeneArch
02-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Wow.. that is awesome you found Marshall! He was in my office just a few days ago, what a great guy and great food.

For anyone passing through Ventura, you owe yourself a great meal there!

Cliff
02-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Tim, for those of us who have an uncertain future and are delaying registration until those plans gel, will registration be capped for this dinner?

tim330i
02-23-2008, 12:24 PM

I'm signed up for dinner and registration and looking forward to Bimmerfest '08.

See y'all in a little over 3 months. http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Smilies/yahoo.gif

Thank you Keith for all the help and support to make this official dinner a reality! Looking forward to a great dinner with everyone on Friday and a kick ass show on Saturday :)

Wow.. that is awesome you found Marshall! He was in my office just a few days ago, what a great guy and great food.

For anyone passing through Ventura, you owe yourself a great meal there!

We're very pleased to have Marshall's providing the food for everyone. What a funny coincidence that he was in your office just a few days ago. We're looking forward to some great food from Marshall's on Friday night!

Reviewer: Lynn from Ventura
Relaxed atmosphere, great down home barbecue. If you haven't done it yet, try any of the sausages, either there or take them home to grill. They're awesome and they make them fresh there. As for the sauce, I keep a few jars on hand at all times. Works great if you like to make pulled pork. By the way, the catering is dialed and delicious as well!
Reviewer: Becky from Ventura, CA
Love this place! The Tri-tip, as a sandwich or the meat on it's own is so good! I just get my food to go, but they have a nice little dining room. My only complaint is that I think with the price of the tri-tip sandwich they should offer a small side with it.

Tim, for those of us who have an uncertain future and are delaying registration until those plans gel, will registration be capped for this dinner?

There is a capacity cap for the building so as soon as possible please sign up! Registration will be closed a few weeks before the show so we can give the final count to Marshall's for food.

Tim

Kurt Martin
02-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks much Tim and Mark!

I'm registered and signed up for Friday night dinner. Can't wait to see everybody again!

Kurt

joe.g
02-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Can't wait. This year is going to be a huge event. I feel like I say that every year...:thumbup:

reidconti
02-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Signed up for bfest and dinner.

I hadn't realized how slow the off-season is, but suddenly I'm getting so amped about Bimmer season.. first autocross in a month, bimmerfest in just over 2 months... booyeah!

Got my new bumper cover being put on tomorrow, and some toys from LeatherZ on the way... no more excuses for my car looking like crap!

Guys, one request about the sign-up.. can you change the "M Coupe (E36/8)" entry to read "Z3 M Coupe (E36/8)"?

It's been hard to find ever since I started going to bimmerfest. This way it will follow the pattern of all other Z3 and Z4 cars, plus all Z3 and Z4 M Cars. I almost gave up and selected Z3 Coupe, but I remembered that it was hidden in there somewhere, from my experience in past years.

thanks for all you guys do!

tim330i
02-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Updated.

Tim

MG67
02-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Cool I had coffee with Dr. Jon S. and he told me to sign up for this and I did. I saw that I'm the first E93 registering...:thumbup: See you guys all on Friday night...:thumbup:

Jayccel
02-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Forgot to chime in here. All signed up. First time coming, so it'll be fun.

Keith
02-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Forgot to chime in here. All signed up. First time coming, so it'll be fun.

Yeah Jeff, but YOUR fun will be keeping up with those 997 TT's on your drive down from Washington to Pleasanton! :rofl: :thumbup:

Show'em how it's done bro! :thumbup:

Bill-SD
03-23-2008, 08:28 PM

Just signed up too! Dinner sounds great :thumbup:

Jayccel
03-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Yeah Jeff, but YOUR fun will be keeping up with those 997 TT's on your drive down from Washington to Pleasanton! :rofl: :thumbup:

Show'em how it's done bro! :thumbup:

Do you have a supercharger that a brotha can borrow for the drive? I need horsepower!:cry: I already told Larry, that when they hit the twisties going 90 and 140 on the straight's I'm done playing catch-me-if-you-can.....LOL

For the dinner, do I need to bring something to show that I paid? How does that work? Am I on a list or ?

Cliff
03-24-2008, 12:36 PM
For the dinner, do I need to bring something to show that I paid? How does that work? Am I on a list or ?

Secret handshake :eeps:

Jayccel
03-24-2008, 04:35 PM
You'll have to show it to me :rofl:

Keith
03-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Do you have a supercharger that a brotha can borrow for the drive? I need horsepower!:cry: I already told Larry, that when they hit the twisties going 90 and 140 on the straight's I'm done playing catch-me-if-you-can.....LOL

:rofl: I hear ya, you could always say heck with it and punch Pleasanton into the GPS and shoot straight down, but what fun is that! :D :rofl: ;)

Good question, I'll point Tim to this thread and see how he answers, I would assume since I paid that there would be a list.

Hmmm, wait a minute, did you go here: https://eventreg.bimmerfest.com/events.php?action=insertregistration&EvId=1 , you need to register and here's where you pay for the dinner, excuse me if you did this already.

Keith
03-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Just signed up too! Dinner sounds great :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Jayccel
03-24-2008, 10:14 PM
:rofl: I hear ya, you could always say heck with it and punch Pleasanton into the GPS and shoot straight down, but what fun is that! :D :rofl: ;)

Good question, I'll point Tim to this thread and see how he answers, I would assume since I paid that there would be a list.

Hmmm, wait a minute, did you go here: https://eventreg.bimmerfest.com/events.php?action=insertregistration&EvId=1 , you need to register and here's where you pay for the dinner, excuse me if you did this already.

True, that wouldn't be any fun. Maybe I'll just get the Dinan engine & transmission software for now, and get the supercharger installed before next year. Hey, whatever happens, it'll be a blast.

Yea, I've already registered there, Keith :thumbup: (thanks for looking out). I'll wait and see what he responds with.

tim330i
03-25-2008, 07:02 PM

We'll have a list of everyone who paid and the number of tickets they purchased, nice and simple.

See everyone there!

Tim

Blondsarehot650
03-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Ok.. I dont know if Im just tired and cant figure it out but is there a way to register for the dinner for my friend. He is riding with me but when i registered my car i didnt know i would have a passenger. So How do I add him into the Dinner?

Help! :mad:

Oh.. and Im sooooo EXCITED FOR BIMMERFEST!

Jayccel
03-25-2008, 10:24 PM
We'll have a list of everyone who paid and the number of tickets they purchased, nice and simple.

See everyone there!

Tim

Thank you :)

thaichi808
03-26-2008, 01:22 AM
Are dinner tickets still available?

cheers,
thaichi808

tim330i
03-26-2008, 07:22 AM
Are dinner tickets still available?

cheers,
thaichi808
Yep. Sign up here -

https://eventreg.bimmerfest.com/events.php?action=insertregistration&EvId=1

Tim

tim330i
03-26-2008, 07:25 AM
is there a way to register for the dinner for my friend. He is riding with me but when i registered my car i didnt know i would have a passenger. So How do I add him into the Dinner?

Sorry for the frustration, the event registration system is new this year so we're still working out some of the kinks. The easiest way would be to simply have him register on his own, he can put down your car for what he is coming in. If that doesn't work email events@Bimmerfest.com with more details and we'll sort it out.

Oh.. and Im sooooo EXCITED FOR BIMMERFEST!

:thumbup: See you May 2nd!

Tim

Jever
03-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Why $30 per person? Are you expecting less than 50 people to eat?

Cliff
03-26-2008, 01:43 PM
The people for whom $30 is too much might feel more comfortable over at the In N Out on Turnpike. We lost money charging $25 a head last year, and the food sounds like it will be better this year.

Blondsarehot650
03-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Sorry for the frustration, the event registration system is new this year so we're still working out some of the kinks. The easiest way would be to simply have him register on his own, he can put down your car for what he is coming in. If that doesn't work email events@Bimmerfest.com with more details and we'll sort it out.

:thumbup: See you May 2nd!

Tim

Its all good dude. Ill get him to sign up for sure. Since ur the Admin Delete an E46 M3 that is coming so the numbers aren't off cause I would change it if i could cause that stuff kind of bothers me.

I didn't know we were getting are Bimmerfest Shirts earlier. I thought we would have to pick them up there. Thats Sweet!

Dave 330i
03-26-2008, 07:24 PM
The people for whom $30 is too much might feel more comfortable over at the In N Out on Turnpike. We lost money charging $25 a head last year, and the food sounds like it will be better this year.
You got to make a rule that you can't come back for seconds and thirds.

Cliff
03-26-2008, 07:28 PM
You got to make a rule that you can't come back for seconds and thirds.

Since it was served buffet style, that wasn't the problem. This year should go more smoothly for all concerned. Except maybe Tim and Mark :angel:

tgee
03-26-2008, 08:21 PM
The people for whom $30 is too much might feel more comfortable over at the In N Out on Turnpike. We lost money charging $25 a head last year, and the food sounds like it will be better this year.We were just wondering because I know what their catering menu and prices are.

Cliff
03-26-2008, 09:04 PM
We were just wondering because I know what their catering menu and prices are.

Add to that the cost of renting the hall from Earl Warren, and whatever ancillary expenses there are. I kept the books for last year's BayBimmerz dinner, and $30 a head seems fair to me.

plastique999
04-03-2008, 04:31 PM
how do i get on the dinner list....count me in!

Kurt Martin
04-03-2008, 07:02 PM
how do i get on the dinner list....count me in!

The information you are asking for is in post #1 of this thread.

UtorVita
04-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Can you just pay the $30 on the spot the night of instead of prepaying online?

Kurt Martin
04-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Can you just pay the $30 on the spot the night of instead of prepaying online?

The answer to your question is in post #5 of this thread.

thaichi808
04-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Any dinner tickets still available? I've been lagging on purchasing teh tickets, but still want to go.

Aloha,
thaichi808

pix335i
04-25-2008, 08:52 AM
Deadline for purchasing tickets is Sunday night. We need to provide final counts to Marshall's Bodacious BBQ on Monday morning. This also means that you cannot purchase at the door since we need to have totals so early on.

You can still sign up online until then...so get on it and join us for a good time :thumbup:

** Also good to note is that Sunday is also the latest to cancel for the dinner as well!

tommydogsdad
04-27-2008, 11:32 AM
I wish I could go this year!:bawling: It was such a fun time last year..... but this whole "job/working" thing is getting in the way of having any sort of personal life!:( I'm still contemplating coming down on Friday Night after work......

Keith
04-27-2008, 12:07 PM
I wish I could go this year!:bawling: It was such a fun time last year..... but this whole "job/working" thing is getting in the way of having any sort of personal life!:( I'm still contemplating coming down on Friday Night after work......

WELL HELLO there STRANGER.

Geez, I've emailed you, I've sent you an Evite, hell, I think I even PM'd you I believe and NOTHING, that messed up my Brother! :slap:

I think it's time to find a different job Michael, or get you priorities straight!!!! :p :rofl: it's only once a yerar!!!!!!!!

Bill-SD
04-27-2008, 01:54 PM

You should do it:thumbup:

Still lovin the car? I remember all the hassle you had with the purchase...I'm sure it all seems worth it now :)

reidconti
04-27-2008, 06:37 PM
I wish I could go this year!:bawling:

Who's going to drag my drunk ass back to the hotel? And in convertible style, no less!

thaichi808
04-28-2008, 01:53 AM
Yessss! Finally got off my lazy ass and purchased 3 tickets for da dinner! Can't wait to see everybody friday night:thumbup: Da menu looks onolicious. See ya friday!

aloha,
thaichi808

540Greg
04-29-2008, 09:17 PM
My family dinner plans fell through for Friday night. Could you please accept one more person for Friday. :thumbup:

Thanks,
Greg

540Greg
05-01-2008, 11:57 PM
My family dinner plans fell through for Friday night. Could you please accept one more person for Friday. :thumbup:

Thanks,
Greg

Thanks Joe,

You've bailed me out. See you all at the fair grounds.

Greg