PDA

View Full Version : Kumho Tires

firstbmwX3
02-22-2008, 01:30 PM
If this isn't the correct discussion area I apologize. Just wondering if anyone has experience with Kumho tires. I am looking to replace the OE Michelin Pilot MXM4's. Looking for something a little more quiet. The Michelin's are great in every way but road noise is annoying. I have a 528xi with Continental's that are very quiet and handle great, so if Kumho isn't the way to go I'll try the Conti's. Thanks.

diehlryan
02-22-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm running Kumho Ecsta SPTs on my TT. They are quiet, have great grip, and super wet traction.

I didn't get the winter wheels on early enough this year and had a day driving on them in the snow and they were miserable but thats to be expected with a summer rated tire.

For the money I give them 2 thumbs up.

325ic a beer
02-22-2008, 01:45 PM
These KUMHO's are not too bad of a tire for the $$$. I have drove on more than a few sets of ECSTA's.

drivinfaster
02-22-2008, 04:34 PM
used to sell tires. (although i hate to buy them...ironic:tsk:) i thought they were a best bang for the buck, and that was 10 years ago. they've all pretty much gotten better. could always check consumer reports to see how they rate.
just my opinion.

drivinfaster

dominoaz
02-22-2008, 11:39 PM
I put a set on my '03 Carrera. Same positive experiences. Bang for the buck, solid grip, quiet, less harsh ride. Would definitely consider them again.

dspeed
02-23-2008, 07:12 AM
I had a set on a Saab Aero and they worked well for me, fairly sticky, decent ride, seemed a little noiser than Michelin Pilots, but nothing objectionable. Never used them in the snow...

UncleJ
02-23-2008, 07:50 AM
Had a set on my Tahoe, great ride and traction. Son-in-law has a set on his 530 and thinks the're great. Would not hesitate to get them again, great value IMHO.

firstbmwX3
02-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks Everyone for the Kumho info...