PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy a M3

Droopy9
02-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a M3 but I have some questions for you:

If the car has high mileage and I buy it for low price,is good idea or not to rebuilt the engine? or I a pay for a low mileage but higher price? assuming both cars had been well mantained.
How much the M3 (97-99 years) are going for it right now? or think I could buy one for?

I would like to hear your comments.
thanks in advance

awesomeBMW
02-27-2008, 07:44 PM
If it were me, i'd by the best one possible with the money i have, so the lower mileage car. If the car has been maintained it's very reliable, but the higher mileage car will ultimately be much more of a headache. Aside from the motor you have to think about accessories, bushings, cooling system, metal fatigue, etc.

With that said, i just picked up a 95 M3 with 165k in good mechanical shape, but not too pretty for 6k. It needed about a grand put in for things such as tires, brakes, guibo, abs sensor, tune up, to get it up to par.

Droopy9
02-28-2008, 12:51 AM
thanks for you toughts.

240Bhp
03-05-2008, 12:37 PM
I would definitely purchase a good running M3 with the funds I currently had available. Lower mileage is good, too.

I picked up my '95 with only 52k original miles from my friend who never drove it and so far it's been running great. Only a few minor problems. I also have a friend who picked up his with 130k miles and he only had to replace the clutch and get a few hoses replaced.

Always do a good thorough check on the vehicle before purchasing it. Get an idea of the maintenance history and also other alternative M3s on the market and the prices they're going for.