PDA

View Full Version : Bimmerfest caravan from Seattle/Portland Or

piancu
03-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Hi guys. I'm from Portland and I'm looking to join a caravan from the Pacific Northwest going to Bimmerfest. Please let me know if one exists and what time it's starting.

Paul

Keith
03-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi guys. I'm from Portland and I'm looking to join a caravan from the Pacific Northwest going to Bimmerfest. Please let me know if one exists and what time it's starting.

Paul

Paul, if you PM me your email address, I'll forward it to the guys in charge of the caravan from the Seattle area that will be meeting up with us in the SF/Bay Area.
They have joined us for years and we have a great time very year.

Like I said, if you're interested just shoot me a PM. :thumbup:

deafboy
03-09-2008, 02:27 PM
This year we decided on making the trip down a day longer than last year...FYI

last year was just too long for some of the guys, as we did the drive in one night...

LerouxBMW
03-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi !
I am from Vancouver, Canada and thinking about attending BF for the first time. What is the meeting times and location ? starting from Portland ?

Do you folks take 2 days to head down or push all the way ?

deafboy
03-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Well last year we went from seattle to san fran in one day and then met up with the nor cal group and headed down to SB...

This year we are planning on spreading it out a bit. We were dead tired by the time we got down there.

We'll probably be meeting up at Seatac and getting some grubb before we head down.

LerouxBMW
03-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Hi deafboy, so we are meeting on May 1st or 2nd ?
I have posted another note 2 C if there are others from Vancouver who will do the trip to bf....

Keith
03-15-2008, 11:49 PM
I have posted another note 2 C if there are others from Vancouver who will do the trip to bf....

Hi ???,
it depends on if you want a muture group to hook up with or ???

If you want me to hook you up with the same person I hooked Paul/piancu (see above) then I just need you to PM me your email address and I'll send them your info and they can contact you and give you the lowdown.

Let me know!

deafboy
03-20-2008, 02:05 AM

As far as I know I think we (my group) is leaving on the 30th of April.

twowinns
04-15-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm leaving on Monday the 28th and taking the slow, scenic route down the Pacific Coast Highway (Hwy 101 or 1), and I-5 for the faster trip home.

Day 1 - Puyallup, WA to Coos Bay, OR
Day 2 - Coos Bay to Eureka, CA
Day 3 - Eureka to Monterrey, CA
Day 4 - Monterrey to Santa Barbara
Day 5 - Touring Santa Barbara
Day 6 - Bimmerfest
Day 7 - Santa Barbara to Redding, CA
Day 8 - Redding to Puyallup

Anyone interested in tagging along for any part of the trip is welcome. PM me, if you're interested.

Jayccel
04-15-2008, 08:52 PM
I'm leaving on Monday the 28th and taking the slow, scenic route down the Pacific Coast Highway (Hwy 101 or 1), and I-5 for the faster trip home.

Day 1 - Puyallup, WA to Coos Bay, OR
Day 2 - Coos Bay to Eureka, CA
Day 3 - Eureka to Monterrey, CA
Day 4 - Monterrey to Santa Barbara
Day 5 - Touring Santa Barbara
Day 6 - Bimmerfest
Day 7 - Santa Barbara to Redding, CA
Day 8 - Redding to Puyallup

Anyone interested in tagging along for any part of the trip is welcome. PM me, if you're interested.

I've already joined a group to caravan down with, otherwise I woulda joined you :). My first time going, and they're/we're going to take 101 for part of the trip also.

I'm also hitting I-5 back.

twowinns
04-15-2008, 08:57 PM
I've already joined a group to caravan down with, otherwise I woulda joined you :). My first time going, and they're/we're going to take 101 for part of the trip also.

I'm also hitting I-5 back.

No problem. Sounds like you'll have fun, too.

This is my first Bimmerfest, too.

Jayccel
04-15-2008, 09:35 PM
No problem. Sounds like you'll have fun, too.

This is my first Bimmerfest, too.

We're a couple of noobs :thumbup:

You driving down by yourself?

twowinns
04-15-2008, 09:46 PM
We're a couple of noobs :thumbup:

You driving down by yourself?

Just to Oakland. My wife can't take the whole time off, so she's flying round-trip from Seattle to Oakland. I'll pick her up there, and she'll ride with me from Oakland to Santa Barbara and back to Oakland.

Jayccel
04-15-2008, 09:51 PM
Ok. Sure wouldn't want to think of you making the trek, solo. We're leaving Aug 30th. Since I live in Tacoma, me and another rider (coming from Port Orchard) are going to wait for the contingent at the first Rest Stop past Olympia. Then when they're near, they're going to call us and let us know they're close. It's going to be a caravan of Porche's, M3, 760, Z4, 750iL, etc; so quite the variety.

Not sure if that fits your schedule, but I'm sure you're more than welcome to join :)

LerouxBMW
04-15-2008, 10:06 PM
I am from Vancouver and will be going by Tacoma, what time is your group meeting at the rest stop ? I am assuming that you mean April 30th ?

Keith
04-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Ok. Sure wouldn't want to think of you making the trek, solo. We're leaving Aug 30th. Since I live in Tacoma, me and another rider (coming from Port Orchard) are going to wait for the contingent at the first Rest Stop past Olympia. Then when they're near, they're going to call us and let us know they're close. It's going to be a caravan of Porche's, M3, 760, Z4, 750iL, etc; so quite the variety.

Not sure if that fits your schedule, but I'm sure you're more than welcome to join :)

:yikes: Holy crap Jeff, I thought you wre going to come down with Larry and the crew, but they're coming down
on April 30th, not AUG. 30th! :rofl: :p
I'm just messin' with ya bud, I know you meant April. :D :thumbup:
It's to bad twowinns can't join you guys, you guys are gonna have a blast and you're going to get a kick out of Larry.
It's not everyday you see a 72 year old (going on 25) driving a beast like the 997 TT, but he does and he's smiling while doin it.
The things I enjoy the most of this group is two things, they're great people and they enjoy driving, they are quite an eclectic group and have become like Brothers to me :thumbup:

Bimmerfest is only one part of the equation, you guys come down and we do dinner here in my hometown of Pleasanton the night before the BIG caravan, so we've all got to know one another quite well, then, the next morning we all converge to make the biggest caravan/group of BMW's that most have ever seen, some say it's their favorite part of the Bimmerfest experience.
Friday night, well, everyone has there own thing, but what MANY of us have done in the past was to go to the Elephant Bar, we'd essentially take over the whole outdoor area and scarf down some good food at the pre-paid buffet set up by yours truly, but this year I get to enjoy going to the bbq buffet at the Showground's put on by my good friends, Tim,Mark and Jon, catered by Marshall's Bodacious BBQ.
Afterwards some will go downtown for a little partying, while some will go back to the hotel to enjoy the pool, jacuzzi, pretty much chill. (re-charge)
Now Saturday rolls around and the big day is here, we get together at the hotel and cruise over to the Bimmerfest event itself and rub elbows with other folks that are there for the same reason as most, to check out other BMW's and see old friends and make new ones for future Bimmerfest's.
So the 'Fest is over and it's now Saturday night, hmmm, what to do, some get together for a nice dinner somewhere (here again, no pre-paid dinner at the E-Bar, sorry) then go out on the town, while some go back to the hotel and throw their own party with good friends.
Sunday is now upon us and it's time to head home :( so we say goodbye to our fellow enthusiast's that are going a different direction, BUT for MANY of us we all meet up in the parking lot at the hotel and line up for a cruise back home.

THIS YEAR we might even come back on scenic Hwy 1, but we don't usually decide on that until Saturday night.

I/we look forward to seeing all my "old" buds from the Pacific Northwest and meeting some new ones. :thumbup:

twowinns
04-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun. I may try to catch-up with y'all for the trek back north on Sunday.

HARLEYM3
04-17-2008, 08:52 AM
wow..you guys impress me, thats what bmw enthusiasts are all about, driving across state

RaDs330
04-17-2008, 09:36 AM
wow..you guys impress me, thats what bmw enthusiasts are all about, driving across state

thats what im talking about, there another one coming from WI, these are dedicated bimmer owners:bigpimp:

my hats off to them... be safe on the drive

Jayccel
04-19-2008, 10:03 AM
I am from Vancouver and will be going by Tacoma, what time is your group meeting at the rest stop ? I am assuming that you mean April 30th ?

It'll be around 8:15 AM. Theirs just going to be two of us waiting, since the majority of the group is coming from Bellevue. Yea, I did mean Apr 30th. We already have a schedule/plans in place as far as lodging, etc. You may want to contact Larry, as he has organized the trip.

Jayccel
04-19-2008, 10:11 AM
:yikes: Holy crap Jeff, I thought you wre going to come down with Larry and the crew, but they're coming down
on April 30th, not AUG. 30th! :rofl: :p
I'm just messin' with ya bud, I know you meant April. :D :thumbup:
It's to bad twowinns can't join you guys, you guys are gonna have a blast and you're going to get a kick out of Larry.
It's not everyday you see a 72 year old (going on 25) driving a beast like the 997 TT, but he does and he's smiling while doin it.
The things I enjoy the most of this group is two things, they're great people and they enjoy driving, they are quite an eclectic group and have become like Brothers to me :thumbup:

Bimmerfest is only one part of the equation, you guys come down and we do dinner here in my hometown of Pleasanton the night before the BIG caravan, so we've all got to know one another quite well, then, the next morning we all converge to make the biggest caravan/group of BMW's that most have ever seen, some say it's their favorite part of the Bimmerfest experience.
Friday night, well, everyone has there own thing, but what MANY of us have done in the past was to go to the Elephant Bar, we'd essentially take over the whole outdoor area and scarf down some good food at the pre-paid buffet set up by yours truly, but this year I get to enjoy going to the bbq buffet at the Showground's put on by my good friends, Tim,Mark and Jon, catered by Marshall's Bodacious BBQ.
Afterwards some will go downtown for a little partying, while some will go back to the hotel to enjoy the pool, jacuzzi, pretty much chill. (re-charge)
Now Saturday rolls around and the big day is here, we get together at the hotel and cruise over to the Bimmerfest event itself and rub elbows with other folks that are there for the same reason as most, to check out other BMW's and see old friends and make new ones for future Bimmerfest's.
So the 'Fest is over and it's now Saturday night, hmmm, what to do, some get together for a nice dinner somewhere (here again, no pre-paid dinner at the E-Bar, sorry) then go out on the town, while some go back to the hotel and throw their own party with good friends.
Sunday is now upon us and it's time to head home :( so we say goodbye to our fellow enthusiast's that are going a different direction, BUT for MANY of us we all meet up in the parking lot at the hotel and line up for a cruise back home.

THIS YEAR we might even come back on scenic Hwy 1, but we don't usually decide on that until Saturday night.

I/we look forward to seeing all my "old" buds from the Pacific Northwest and meeting some new ones. :thumbup:

LOL - yea.....I did mean Apr 30th. Guess you could say that I'm ready for the summer and ready to be rid of this rainy stuff. I already told Larry, I'm not trying to see what my 7 can do against his 997 - LOL, but I love anyone that is an enthusiast.

That is quite the agenda! My 20-something nephew is rollin' down with me, so I'm sure we'll be all over the place, taking in the sites as noobs. We'll be at the BBQ on Fri night :) already registered for that. With the hotels, food and gas (he'll contribute some), he's getting a free vacation on my expense! But I don't mind at all. Gonna be a great time.

deafboy
04-19-2008, 05:41 PM
For those that want to join my group that is going down, please PM me so I can get you the information.

spec 123
04-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Im From Seattle And Will Be Leaving From The La Caravan Meet Up Spot Why Dont U Guys Meet Us There Or Ill Roll With You Guys When U Get To The La Area

RaDs330
04-22-2008, 09:22 PM
all i have to say is have a great drive down fellas, and be safe.... Im heading up the OC caravan so hope to see all of you there.

deafboy
04-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Im From Seattle And Will Be Leaving From The La Caravan Meet Up Spot Why Dont U Guys Meet Us There Or Ill Roll With You Guys When U Get To The La Area

Where is that? :dunno:

all i have to say is have a great drive down fellas, and be safe.... Im heading up the OC caravan so hope to see all of you there.

thanks...

one more week :D

RaDs330
04-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Where is that? :dunno:

thanks...

one more week :D

hey if you need anything once you get there hit me up, 714-661-3046
i go by RaDs330, name is Rumesh

deafboy
04-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Will do. Thank you :)

reidconti
04-26-2008, 05:30 PM
This year we decided on making the trip down a day longer than last year...FYI

Probably a wise choice... seeya in Gilroy again! :thumbup:

deafboy
04-27-2008, 12:28 AM
See you in under a week.... WOOT. I love being able to say that. It's coming up so quick. and so much left to do :(

deafboy
04-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Just about to head off... :)

See you guys this weekend :hi:

RaDs330
04-30-2008, 01:20 PM
QUOTE=deafboy;3217592]Just about to head off... :)

See you guys this weekend :hi:[/QUOTE]

drive safe fellas:thumbup::hi::drive:[

twowinns
05-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I saw your car today, Deafboy, but never saw you by it to introduce myself. Very sharp car.

I didn't see a lot of Washington plates. How many cars came down in your caravan?