PDA

View Full Version : Resource - FAQ for 745i/Li & 760Li (E65,E66)

rost12
04-22-2003, 08:56 PM
-= Click for BMW 745i/Li & 760Li (E65,E66) FAQ (http://members.roadfly.org/e65faq/) =-

Any comments, suggestions, and contributions are always welcome! E-mail me at rost12@mac.com

Cheers.

djlfp
01-18-2006, 08:29 AM
My car did not have the owners manual, so this is a very slow learning process... big difference from my 1996 328ci ....Thanks.Welcome. Get your VIN. Go to the BMW website, then Owner's Circle. Register with your VIN. You should then be able to download an owner's manual which you should read. Good luck.

SilverSaloon
05-23-2006, 02:59 AM
try here:

www.geocities.com/e65faq

bimmerno1
08-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Thanks...!

Navigation displays "VEREINIGTE STAATEN" in the destination input menu?

To bring your car back to this side of the world follow these steps :)

1) Insert the ignition key
2) Turn on ignition = WITHOUT TOUCHING BRAKE PRESS STOP/START SWITCH, VARIOUS LIGHTS COMES ON INDICATING IGN ON ENGINE OFF
4) Select the main menu in the control display by pushing the controller one or two times in the same direction
5) Push the controller to the right to select Navigation
6) Select "Dest. input"
7) Select "ABC..."
8) Select "Country" (the field that shows "VEREINIGTE STAATEN")
9) Select the return arrow
10) Push the controller to the lower left to select "Settings"
11) Select country settings (the two flags)
12) Select "Francais"
13) Wait until the text on display has changed to French
14) Push the controller to the right to select "Navigation"
15) Select "Pays"
16) Select "ETATS UNIS"
17) Push the controller to the lower left to select "Reglages" (Settings)
18) Select "US English"
19) Wait until the text on display has changed to English
20) Push the controller to the right to select "Navigation"
21) Select "Country" (the field that shows "ETATS UNIS")
22) Select "UNITED STATES"
23) Select "Town/City"
24) Select any town
25) Select "AS DEST."
26) Select "Route Guide"
27) Wait for the display showing you the direction or for the spoken instructions
28) Remove the ignition key
29) Wait 16 minutes until vehicle changes to consumer cutoff mode
30) Turn the ignition on
31) Input a destination to confirm that the country is still "UNITEDSTATES"

If there were any previous entries with "VEREINIGTE STAATEN" delete all these destinations (ensure that all entries are deleted in Dest.List, Last Dest. and Addressbook)

Important: There have been reports that with later build models that Pays is not selectable (step 15). The solution is to wait 30 minutes after you change the language.

760Lifan
08-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Just curious: Why is it necessary to change the language to French before switching to English? "Vereinigte Staaten" means "United States" so I guess the car is already set to the correct country and only requires switching it to the correct language (English)? Just curious...:dunno:

pedro2u
10-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks bimmerno1. Your post to get the United States working in the Nav worked great on my 2002 745i. :)

This is a great forum. Too bad it wasn't linked to the BMW site so that they could see the kind of things that are frustrating us. A phone that worked for example :dunno:

bmwracer3
11-21-2006, 11:08 AM
here's an FAQ (http://www.geocities.com/e65faq/) that I found...

paulmurphyhomes
02-07-2007, 10:34 PM
I am new to this site and looking for info on programming the remote /smart key for my 2002 745LI. also, is it true the dealership needs to keep the car for 3-4 days to update software, etc? Any suggestions for a new 745li owner? My car did not have the owners manual, so this is a very slow learning process... big difference from my 1996 328ci ....Thanks.

You can download a manual here...http://www.analogstereo.com/bmw_7_owners_manual.htm

paulmurphyhomes
02-07-2007, 10:57 PM
In case that link goes down again, here is another copy of the FAQ
http://www.huntington-beach-realestate.com/745i/bmw-e65-e66-frequently-asked-questions.htm (http://huntington-beach-realestate.com/745i/bmw-e65-e66-frequently-asked-questions.htm)

eyi760
06-19-2007, 03:36 AM
try here:

You can download a manual here...http://www.analogstereo.com/bmw_7_owners_manual.htm
Thanks for the manual!

jessicajiw10
07-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Hey everyone, I have a question. I just recently traded in my 99 740i for a 2002 745li. I have noticed that the get up seems really different, then a couple of days ago I noticed that when I am driving up or down hills the transmission seems really wierd. For example, going up, it seems really slow to gear, and coming down a hill it is almost stopping itself rather than gaining momentum. Does anyone know what this might be? Also, when I got in this morning, it said I have a flat tire in the right rear, but I dont. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!

diznik007
03-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Hey everyone, I have a question. I just recently traded in my 99 740i for a 2002 745li. I have noticed that the get up seems really different, then a couple of days ago I noticed that when I am driving up or down hills the transmission seems really wierd. For example, going up, it seems really slow to gear, and coming down a hill it is almost stopping itself rather than gaining momentum. Does anyone know what this might be? Also, when I got in this morning, it said I have a flat tire in the right rear, but I dont. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!

these transmissions are known to be problematic. hopefully, you have warranty remaining on the car. the transmission reset may help you for a week or two but it definitely sounds like you need the dealer to look at it.
here are instructions for the tranny reset.

Insert the Key to into the key fob (DONíT HOLD THE BRAKE).
Press the Start Button ONCE, just so the car electronics start and show the Engine light is on. (Again, Donít START the Engine).
Press and HOLD the GAS PEDAL all the way to the force down click on the gas pedal for 25 seconds.
After those 25 Seconds, proceed to Starting the Engine and drive your car.

aziza714
06-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Hello bimmer owners!Anybody have the anwser to this Question,745li dont want to go in reverse or drive on occasion i have 2 shut the car off restart it then the tranny will go into gear ! What a freakn mess:mad::mad:

sunny_j
06-16-2008, 03:41 PM
welcome to the forum. it sounds like your tranny is about to die. is your car a 02? do you have warranty?

M.Wong
09-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Thread cleaned up.

Please feel free to add: links to resources, buyer's guides, FAQs or FAQ pages, etc.

New technical question? Try searching first. Then, please start a new thread with a detailed subject line and always provide your year and model. Consider giving as much information as possible, such as mileage, related options, recent related service, etc.