PDA

View Full Version : regional forums?

mbr129
04-23-2003, 06:54 AM
I was just thinking... a lot of times people put goofy stuff on their "Location" entry so no one really knows where they're from.

How about having a section with forums dividing the country into general geographic regions. Like New England, Mid Atlantic, South east, etc. Or just state initials. Like a forum could be MA, CT, NH, ME, RI, another could be just CA (since there are so many there) etc.

That way, when someone needs to look for something locally, or plans to have a get together, etc, we can just go to that forum and know that the people there will all be from the same general area.

We could run a poll to see where people are from and determine how regions should be assigned.:thumbup:

Whaddayathink?

Kaz
04-23-2003, 10:20 AM
Geeze didn't we just add like 10 forums in the last day?

We have WAY too many especially for those who don't do 'view new posts' and won't see all of them.

rost12
04-23-2003, 10:34 AM
I agree with Kaz, any further division would make visitors per forum ratio equal 1 :eeps: :D

Marco
04-23-2003, 10:48 AM
Perhaps we could have just one new forum called something like "Local news/events" (I know, it would need a catchier name) where all the "geographically relevant" info goes.
The name of the individual treads would then say for what area a topic is relevant.

Kaz
04-23-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Marco
Perhaps we could have just one new forum called something like "Local news/events" (I know, it would need a catchier name) where all the "geographically relevant" info goes.
The name of the individual treads would then say for what area a topic is relevant.

But the Events forum doesn't see that much traffic as it is. I say let's leave well enough alone.

ronrich
04-23-2003, 11:05 AM
Damnit. I want a West Bank Metro New Orleans Forum.:D

mbr129
04-23-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Kaz
But the Events forum doesn't see that much traffic as it is. I say let's leave well enough alone.

I guess you are right.