PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 335i?

wbauer2
03-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi all,

Recently I've been considering upgrading my older 328i sedan with a 335i coupe. I've read a ton of posts - mostly in the 3-series forums about problems with the 335 such as the oil cooling issue and recently the problems with the fuel pump. Has anyone in Canada been seeing these problems with their vehicles? I hate to be paranoid and after purchasing my 328i a couple of years ago, I don't think I could ever buy a non-BMW. I have to be honest here - I'm a bit concerned.
Yes I know that no matter what you buy you have to do your research and that anything can happen, whether it's an expensive car or a digital camera. I would just hate to walk into the issue knowing it's there and that I have a 1 in 3 chance of encountering a problem.

Thoughts?

tbal69
03-11-2008, 09:30 PM
you will be okay, slim chances.... i know people with 335s and no major problems what so ever. You will have good warranty, so if their is an issue, no worries ;) You will be amazed once you drive it!

triggs
03-19-2008, 12:06 PM
I'm planning to test drive a 335xi in a month or two.

Just a personal question. Are you on AT or MT?

wbauer2
03-20-2008, 09:05 AM
I'm on MT, and I'm planning on driving the 335 within a couple of weeks. Haven't decided whether or not to go with the xi. I currently have an older 328i and found that with a good set of winters, I was still better than most SUVs out there.

triggs
03-23-2008, 06:31 PM
I've heard something about 335i's DSC, but I was half asleep and I don't exactly remember it now. I think it would be a good upgrade for you regards to power, ride comfort, and functionality. Maybe driving cockpit is more open (which I'm not very fond of) than e46.

Hope you have a blast! =D