PDA

View Full Version : Forum Problem

Pinecone
04-26-2003, 05:54 AM
For some reason, something has changed on teh site and I can no longer attach files. I am using Opera 7.0

The Attach file box will not accept any input and if I hit Choose, the browser locks up.

Typically problems with Opera are because of using non-Standard HTML code, usually using MSIE specific code.

Thanks.

jw
04-26-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Pinecone
For some reason, something has changed on teh site and I can no longer attach files. I am using Opera 7.0

The Attach file box will not accept any input and if I hit Choose, the browser locks up.

Typically problems with Opera are because of using non-Standard HTML code, usually using MSIE specific code.

Thanks.

Forum problem, or a browser problem? Considering the mass majority percentage of IE users, would you expect changes to any web sites just because you're a rare user of an obscure browser? :neener:

Cliff
04-26-2003, 06:28 AM

Thanks.

It worked for me (my test: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27295). The problem is on your end.

{edit}OT, but this is the first time I've tried Opera. At first blush, I think I like it much better than Netscape 7. I might actually send them money for this thing.{/edit}

Pinecone
04-26-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by jw
Forum problem, or a browser problem? Considering the mass majority percentage of IE users, would you expect changes to any web sites just because you're a rare user of an obscure browser? :neener:

So this forum is going to force IE use? At least you don't have to have BMW to browsde here. :)

Opera works fine with sites that actually use standard and common extensions. Only sites that use Microsoft only extensions or quirks have problems.

Pinecone
04-26-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Cliff3
It worked for me (my test: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27295). The problem is on your end.

{edit}OT, but this is the first time I've tried Opera. At first blush, I think I like it much better than Netscape 7. I might actually send them money for this thing.{/edit}

Humm. What color is your attach file box? In Opera mine comes up white and while I can put the cursor in the box, nothing gets typed in there.

When I went to IE the box was gray.

Yeah, I don't like a bunch of things about IE I liked Netscape back in the 4 days, but 5 and 6 were S - L - O - W. 7 was OK, but still was not good and choked on a LOT of pages.

So someone suggested Opera, and I like it. VERY fast, and I love the multiple tabbed pages. Makes it so easy to hit another site for something and copy or link it back to the place you were working. I tried it and sent money the next day. I converted my wife over, and she is also very happy.

The only quirk is that while you can order you folders in the Hotlist, the order doesn't carry ot the Bookmarks drop down.

Cliff
04-26-2003, 09:53 AM
Humm. What color is your attach file box? In Opera mine comes up white and while I can put the cursor in the box, nothing gets typed in there.

I browsed to the image before. This time, I am typing in the name of the screen capture. Hopefully I typed the name correctly and the image will be attached...

Kaz
04-26-2003, 10:14 AM
I use Phoenix 0.5 and Mozilla 1.3/1.4a and the attach works fine with all of them. Only real problems I have are this box I'm typing in is really narrow, and smilies only get inserted at the end of text, not at cursor location (though I think the latter also happens in IE).

Alex Baumann
04-26-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Kaz
(though I think the latter also happens in IE).

correct. AFAIK, it's board software related not browser.

We had the same problem on the german board (also vbulletin). Admins solved the problem, but don't know how.