PDA

View Full Version : Sticky threads for FAQ, DIY forum

RKT BMR
04-26-2003, 10:02 AM
Jon, admins, moderators...

I have no doubt this has come up before, but I couldn't find anything on it. How about creating a FAQ forum, read-only, where we can put purpose-written docs to address FAQs and other helpful items, as well as move old threads there (maybe read-only, maybe not) that also address useful topics? This would help a lot in stemming the "learn to use the search function" responses, which often isn't successful for people 'cause they don't what to search against to narrow their results. As an example, I'm currently writing up a NAV "tips & tricks" that I plan to post. Such a specialized forum would be an ideal place for something like this.
How about adding a sticky threads section to the DIY forum where detailed instructions, walk-throughs, etc. can be moved? What is currently on my mind is the discussions about installing the Euro version of the convertible alarm -- enough people seem to come around from time to time asking about it, and there is complete info on the board -- it just has to be found. Making matters worse, it is spread across different threads in different forums. A sticky thread spot in the DIY forum would be ideal for capturing this kind of stuff.

·clyde·
04-26-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by RKT BMR
]How about creating a FAQ forum,

FAQs are great...but IME, almost no one reads them.