PDA

View Full Version : '82 320i Dash and Accessory issues.

g33kboy
04-09-2008, 12:02 AM
hello BMW fans.

I just bought an '82 320i on Monday for $800.
there are a few things wrong with it.

ill add pics when i can to help show the situation.

my best guess is a tree or a rock was put through the windshield and it crushed the dash board. the glass has since been replaced and is flawless. because of this, there are a few things wrong with it.

i have red indicator lights that stay on.
the right blinker doesnt blink. (left works fine)
the digital clock runs fast
the speedometer needle bounces when goin under 15 mph.
sun roof crank spins freely
seats need to be replaced
no (g)love box
doors dont really shut either
possibly a few other things.

i have never owned a BMW before, but i am already in love with it. my ultimate goal is to return it to stock form in appearance, and also, crank out some horsepower.

i dont know where on the internet to go to to find parts for it.
and it would be nice if someone could show me a picture of the dash, and break down all of the lights and signals and everything else. (i am mechanically declined(but im changing that))

cosmetics aside, i love the car. already. i spent two tanks of gas in one day because i had too much fun driving.

any help will be greatly appreciated
thank you.

dictator
07-29-2008, 09:35 AM
I have an 82 320iS, I dont know if yours is the sportier version, but I have also had issues with the speedometer and clock.

dictator
11-03-2008, 03:12 PM
my speedo bounces until almost 30 mph. i have given up on the clock. it will run even without the button thingy plugged in. it seems like it randomly chooses a time at start up and stays there until i turn it off

odonnell19
11-20-2008, 04:23 PM
yeah i have a 78 320i with 84000 miles with the same speedo and clock problems. is there any way to fix those? or is it just a lost cause?

dictator
12-01-2008, 06:25 PM
I imagine the clock is some software issue in the tach. I believe the speedo issue is tied more to the cable than the dial. I took out my speedo because of odometer issues and was testing it with a drill and it had no problem maintaining a steady speed with the drill. Now i just need to figure out how to take the speedo face off so i can get to the odometer gears to replace them.