PDA

View Full Version : no balboa park (encino) meet up point this year?

nico335
04-10-2008, 02:48 PM
the past couple of years i've been attending bimmerfest, the caravans coming from orange county and san diego would meet up with the people coming from LA at balboa park in encino. is that going to be happening this year? it would always be the most successful caravan and there would be a bunch of bimmers cruising the 101 north (regardless, either way there will be).

is it happening this year? im guessing not since i haven't seen anything....

RaDs330
04-10-2008, 02:51 PM
the past couple of years i've been attending bimmerfest, the caravans coming from orange county and san diego would meet up with the people coming from LA at balboa park in encino. is that going to be happening this year? it would always be the most successful caravan and there would be a bunch of bimmers cruising the 101 north (regardless, either way there will be).

is it happening this year? im guessing not since i haven't seen anything....

no there is a new meet point your the LA rides, i believe there is a new post stating where

nico335
04-10-2008, 03:03 PM
no there is a new meet point your the LA rides, i believe there is a new post stating where

alright just wanted to make sure.

i see that you're in charge of the OC caravan. are we just going to head straight to santa barbara or meet up with the LA caravan?

RaDs330
04-10-2008, 03:11 PM

i see that you're in charge of the OC caravan. are we just going to head straight to santa barbara or meet up with the LA caravan?

Yeah Im the POC for the OC caravan and what I had planned was that i'll be pulling off to meet with the LA caravan that way we can all just go as a big group without leaving anyone behind... im a give you my number if you need to call me 714-661-3046
my name is RUmesh or you can call me Peter

RaDs330
04-10-2008, 03:14 PM

are you gonna me cruising with the OC caravan or LA?????

Ed103
04-11-2008, 10:04 AM
For anyone who doesn't know or didn't look through the rest of the caravan posts, here's a reminder:

We won't be meeting at Balboa Park this year, I've heard there were a lot of problems with meeting there, so I found another site that's a few exits East of Balboa Park. It's a large parking lot behind a shopping center, and about 100 yards from the onramp to the 101.

In addition, the current overall plans are for the San Diego/OC caravan to meet us on the freeway. This will both look and be cool, and save time and trouble. I don't want to have a couple hundred MORE Bimmers get off the freeway, just to get right back on. Instead, the LA caravan will get on the 101, and will join together with the SD/OC group when they merge onto the 101.

Everything has been posted in it's own thread here (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271865), along with detailed maps, information and links to pdfs that can be printed out. Please do check it out and let me know if you have any questions.