BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Vehicle service history

581 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Sylvan515 
#1 ·
I bought a 1997 Z3 last spring, from the second owner. He had a couple of service records, but only an oil-change and brake-fluid flush. I called him today, and he only knew where he bought the car, at a Honda dealer in Florida.

I asked my local center and they, using the VIN number, could located no records. I'm really just trying to find out when the last service was (level I and II), so I can do what's needed. I did call one dealer in Florida, where the previous owner thought it might have 'lived', and they were somewhat rude about the service records being 'private' and how it was 'none of my business' what the previous owner paid to have it serviced.

I'm somewhat amazed that BMW doesn't have records of what service has been accomplished. How much, if any, of that is stored on the key at that vintage?

Any ideas? Car has 52k on it, I'm just trying to find out where it stands, whether to replace the water pump, etc. :mad:

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.