PDA

View Full Version : Removing/installing rear E21 Roundel badge

Rennsurfer
04-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Took the boys to high school this morning. I got out to unlock the trunk lid... when I got back there, the upper half colors of my Roundel badge were missing and down to the metal. Weird, because I wiped down the car and drove it all day yesterdy and it was fine. Oh well... now my car looks like every other old 320i. HAHA!! Now, the question; like all of my older European cars, it appears that this badge simply pushes into two plastic female tips on the backside, behind the trunk light. Not a problem. How to I reinstall a new badge?

Any help will be very appreciated. I've already tried using the Search feature on this forum and came up with nothing, several times. Thanks in advance.

Lanc3r
04-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Remove old one with a screwdrive wrapped in cloth. Clean area. Plug in new roundel.

Rennsurfer
04-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Remove old one with a screwdrive wrapped in cloth. Clean area. Plug in new roundel.

Excellent! My theory was correct. I was hopin' it was that easy. I just wasn't sure about the plastic inserts. Now... to go find one. Hopefully, they're not too expensive. I've seen 'em on the 'Net for $16 or so. I'd rather buy one in person. We'll see. Thanks for the tip.

:thumbup:

(edit) Just called Long Beach BMW... $54.08. The search continues... gonna call Mesa Performance when they open today.

Lanc3r
04-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Excellent! My theory was correct. I was hopin' it was that easy. I just wasn't sure about the plastic inserts. Now... to go find one. Hopefully, they're not too expensive. I've seen 'em on the 'Net for $16 or so. I'd rather buy one in person. We'll see. Thanks for the tip.

:thumbup:

(edit) Just called Long Beach BMW... $54.08. The search continues... gonna call Mesa Performance when they open today.

Search Ebay for "BMW E21". They have some cheap ones. Otherwise Id go through www.bavauto.com

Rennsurfer
04-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Great tip on BavAuto... totally forgot about them. Looks like they have the trunk one for only $17.99. Thanks again!

I'll never buy anything from eBay... can't stand that site.

(edit) Okay, just talked to Mesa Performance. $17.99 or $33.00 for the factory one. They look the same to me. I'm on my way over there. Thanks again!

Rennsurfer
04-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Wow, the edit feature doesn't stay live on this site for very long. Tried to go back and correct some spelling errors that I made. Oh well.

Just got back from lunch and putting on a new Roundel on the trunk lid. Thanks for all of the help, again. Car looks like new, once again.

Lanc3r
04-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Wow, the edit feature doesn't stay live on this site for very long. Tried to go back and correct some spelling errors that I made. Oh well.

Just got back from lunch and putting on a new Roundel on the trunk lid. Thanks for all of the help, again. Car looks like new, once again.

Anything for a fellow E21.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r218/misterlance/DSC00191.jpg

Rennsurfer
04-15-2008, 02:40 PM
NICE! Another Polaris E21. Looks like an S model, too.