PDA

View Full Version : Flasher switch light always on?

fireman steve
04-15-2008, 11:15 AM
I just installed a new flasher switch to remedy all of the electrical gremlins I had. Sure 'nuff, all of my headlights and blinkers work great now. Hazard lights too, but my question is this:
Is the button always illuminated on these switches? Seems odd to drive down the highway with a glowing red light in the middle of the dash.

Jonathan Payne
04-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Mine doesn't stay on. I have glued it to keep it from popping out after I have gone in the house because it has run my battery down a couple of times.
Jonathan Payne

rohrlaw
04-29-2008, 06:33 PM
steve... I bought my first 320i new in 82 and yes, the light was always on :) BTW, have any idea how to get at the O2 sensor???? Charlie

fireman steve
04-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks Charlie, I appreciate the info, nice to know I don't have a short or other problem.

As for the O2 sensor, I haven't had to mess with mine just yet, so I am not sure. I will see what I can find out for you. I will be rather busy for the next 3 days, I will try to post something this weekend for you. Good luck in the time being.

rohrlaw
04-29-2008, 08:08 PM
think i found it by tracing the speedo cable thru the computer box... will have to jack the thing this weekend to be sure :) apparently the O2 sensor is mechanically linked to the speedo/odometer box to illuminate the idiot lite every 30,000 miles... found a link to reset the thing if you are interested....

Lanc3r
04-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Mine doenst stay on. But from what I heard new or old thses switches are crap.

odonnell19
09-30-2008, 08:26 PM
My light stays on all the time. I had the trouble with the flasher switch...so i took it apart and bent the metal finger towards the track and mine works great now.