PDA

View Full Version : Damn potholes

bmw2006 330i
04-16-2008, 08:06 PM
scratch up my bottom front bumper:mad:

Sylvan515
04-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Dude that sucks! I live in PA where the road is more pothole than road so I feel your pain! Every time I run over those holes and hear that thump thump thump I grit my teeth and pray I don't scrape my bumper or blow a tire. So far nothing has gone wrong but it's only a matter of time I'm sure :(

Starab
04-18-2008, 04:51 AM
Can you sue the department-city/county ??

troybal
04-18-2008, 08:22 AM
Can you sue the department-city/county ??

LOL I wish, I bet they have some writing that you assume driving at your risk or something like that. Unless you told them numerous times in writing to fix a pothole due to an accident will occur, then they do nothing for weeks then a major accident happens. You hear about it, and tell the folks that were in the accident. Ok maybe I am dreaming!

Anyway, I am learning a lot about Run Flats reading around, I hope I do not hit a pothole and end up messing up a tire or worse, a rim!

Felicity
04-20-2008, 06:48 AM
I own a 2007 (328 xi) sedan which has a sport package. This is the first time I've owned a car with run flat tires. I know the benefits of having run flat tires yet, after driving with them for 1 year now, I realize there are more disadvantages and therefore, when they need replacing, I will purchase good quality 'air tires'.
1) When driving, your car will PULL in the direction of any slant in the road. This is dangerous as I have experienced many times.
2) The ride is extremely bumpy, and when hitting a pot hole, WOW, I feel as if the ball joints or front end are getting damaged.
I think run flats were designed for racing tracks, not for everyday street driving, where pot holes are common in every city in North America.

vern
04-20-2008, 04:34 PM
2) The ride is extremely bumpy, and when hitting a pot hole, WOW, I feel as if the ball joints or front end are getting damaged.
I hit a pot hole in PA. on Christmas Eve. The hole was so bad that it distroyed the RFT. you couldn't even ride on it. I though that I would have rim and suspension damage for sure. I took the 530i to JMK BMW to have it checked out and everything was fine except I had to replace the RFT, so in my case the RFT stopped further damage.
cheers
vern