PDA

View Full Version : A little help!?!?!

skaper
04-17-2008, 04:34 PM
My car was running fine going to work, Get in to head home.... Car wont turn over. I am thinking it may be the fuel filter? If so where under the rear seat is it?! I pulled out on thing but it seemed to be the fuel level reader. Would it be my alternator? :cry:

fireman steve
04-17-2008, 08:41 PM
Your fuel filter, if original, is in a cluster over the rear axle on the passenger side of the car. It is strapped onto the in-line fuel pump. Although, it is doubtful that is the problem as you describe it (unless you fueled up with total crap fuel on the way to work). Fuel filter symptom are usually the car dies after running for a bit and re-starts after sitting for a little bit.

Your description is way to vague to diagnose here, but if you have no spark, it could be your coil, the distributer, your points/electronic ignition (depending on if you are stock or upgraded by you or a previous owner) Could be a fuse for the ignition or the fuel pumps too. Lots of things to rule out... Good luck. Maybe someone else who reads this can take a moment to give you an idea or two.

By the way, I can't get an answer to my previous post. Does your hazard light switch stay illuminated all of the time while the ignition is on, or only flash when engaged?

skaper
04-18-2008, 08:54 AM
By the way, I can't get an answer to my previous post. Does your hazard light switch stay illuminated all of the time while the ignition is on, or only flash when engaged?

Mine only flashes when engaged. Before I took it apart to fix it the light would stay illuminated while the ignition was on.

Thanks for the tips. I guess Ill find out this weekend :mad:

skaper
04-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Although, it is doubtful that is the problem as you describe it (unless you fueled up with total crap fuel on the way to work).

I was running really low (probably out) on CHEAP gas. I put two gallons in cause I thought I ran out, but noting. The starter works, but nothing is even close to catching. I dont even know if I am getting spark.... ohh damn I am too broke a busy to deal with this lol

skaper
04-18-2008, 06:04 PM
turned out to be my relay and fuel filter! thanks for the help guys.

fireman steve
04-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Glad you're back up and running!