PDA

View Full Version : BMW Negotiating Stories, Tricks, Tips... Comment here!

Calvin Nix
04-19-2008, 07:59 PM
There are many interesting threads/discussions here at Bimmerfest. I just thought it would be interesting to create one that would let people discuss experiences they have had with car dealers pertaining to their haggling skills, or lack of.... If you have an interesting story to tell, good, bad or indifferent; advise, tips, tricks etc... please post them here. I'm sure we would all love to hear them. :thumbup:

CNIX

BmW745On19's
04-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Tell them you'll pay $1000 over wholesale invoice. That'll shut them up.

GBPackerfan1963
04-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Tell them you'll pay $1000 over wholesale invoice. That'll shut them up.

or less if it is not your first BMW from the same CA. +1

uniter
04-20-2008, 02:24 AM
Apparently you guys aren't very shrewd negotiators.
What you do is go to 2 dealerships and test drive the same car at both. Then you get a list of all the BMW dealerships within a reasonable distance and you get them all on the phone, explaining that you're ready to make the purchase. Play phone tag with all of them and get initial offers, tell the other dealerships what offers you're getting until you're close to wholesale. I don't know about BMW but sometimes there are refunds from the car mfg that the dealers get... Do your research on the wholesale invoice prices and if there are any refunds out for the car.

You should be able to do pretty well :)

Linh
04-20-2008, 03:17 AM
Apparently you guys aren't very shrewd negotiators.
What you do is go to 2 dealerships and test drive the same car at both. Then you get a list of all the BMW dealerships within a reasonable distance and you get them all on the phone, explaining that you're ready to make the purchase. Play phone tag with all of them and get initial offers, tell the other dealerships what offers you're getting until you're close to wholesale. I don't know about BMW but sometimes there are refunds from the car mfg that the dealers get... Do your research on the wholesale invoice prices and if there are any refunds out for the car.

You should be able to do pretty well :)

+1

While reading the millionaire mind one of the millionaire would fax all the dealership in the area. Whichever one faxed him the best price he would take it.

It won't work for me since I only purchase preowned vehicles so it's hard since I'm don't buy cars often.

erdoran
04-20-2008, 08:04 AM
Hey uniter, I tried a similar strategy where I ask by email for the deal I want and got beat up here on the board, bigtime!! and not by dealers either. As for deals, twice I've found dealers who agree to a really good deal, then it waits for sales manager approval (which I was told I had at some point prior) and waits and waits and eventually I get fed up and walk....

It's worked for me with other car brands, but doesn't seem to with BMW. I've NEVER heard of a dealership that has agreement on price & terms and then doesn't move in for the kill (er, sale) until I ran into BMW.

GBPackerfan1963
04-20-2008, 09:29 AM
+1

While reading the millionaire mind one of the millionaire would fax all the dealership in the area. Whichever one faxed him the best price he would take it.

Rizzo method. Lots of us use this method and yes it does work. :thumbup: