PDA

View Full Version : Taking the plunge

Stsmark
04-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Hi to all,
I'm heading down to LA this weekend to pick up my 98 M3 Sedan. Can't wait. One owner with 81k miles. It's an auto but what is left of my spinal cord from an injury made that decision for me.

I've never even driven an M3 but figure I cant go wrong. I normally drive a Super Duty Ford so the difference will be night and day to say the least. I'll check in after I get home.:rofl:

peakpro
04-24-2008, 06:36 PM
best of luck...enjoy...

ianiac
04-30-2008, 11:26 AM
How is it?

grass
05-18-2008, 11:54 PM
thats funny i had a 01 f-350 super duty crew cab long bed 8" lift 38" tires and traided it in on my 97 m3 sedan. the first day i thought i was sitting on the ground but now my wife and i are hooked on our m3 sedan we love it. :thumbup:

Stsmark
05-26-2008, 01:01 AM
Okay, so the LA car was a bust, got down there and oh I forgot the airbag light is on, and the radio display is inop, etc. So I knock 750 off of my offer and they counter with 200 off. Back to the airport I go.

Next day I check Craigslist and there it is 98 Sedan with 91000 and 4 new Pilot Sports on it. The owner is leaving the country (seriously) and has a week to sell. 11700 later I'm headed home with my new best friend. The close to 30 mpg at 70 -75 is a total bonus. The guy I purchased from bought in Aug 07 from the original owner, he put about 7000 mi. on it then was transferred back to India. Very nice guy with a cute family. It actually still had the break-in procedures and bogus parts warning decals on the windshield!

The car is exactly what I was wanting, smooth, fast enough, and like a slot car. Much nicer to drive than the Porsche 996 I was looking at and less than half the money. I was really unimpressed with the Porsche Tiptronic's behavior, there was a solid 1 second delay between selecting a shift and the tranny doing anything, and it had no bottom end compared to the M3,
of course the top was stronger but just not as dialed all around.

Still haven't decided what to play with first. But enjoying the ride.:rofl: