PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy or are dealers just stealers?

dolphin77
04-25-2008, 04:05 PM
I emailed a dealer in Atlanta about trading my 04 M3 for a used 06 M Roadster they have...they won't even answer....Ihate Stealers....I think I will just deal with independent auto brokers....D7

Stevej2001
04-25-2008, 05:22 PM
FWIW I have an email acct that now flows through Yahoo. A certain percentage of senders' emails simply don't get through to me. Not in the Spam folder. Just not delivered.

You might give them a call with an actual telephone. They're hardly trying to steal by not responding to a potential customer.

RCK
04-25-2008, 05:24 PM
I emailed a dealer in Atlanta about trading my 04 M3 for a used 06 M Roadster they have...they won't even answer....Ihate Stealers....I think I will just deal with independent auto brokers....D7

How about trying the old fashioned phone? The fact that they did not reply to an e-mail makes them a stealer :dunno: :rolleyes:

Oh and to answer your question, yes you are crazy

peakpro
04-25-2008, 06:09 PM

maybe...not enough details...

but you should be able to email a dozen dealers or so.....

BM2W
04-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Gee-golly-shiz, they didn't get to your e-mail. Boo hoo. How do you know they even got it?:tsk:

I have yet to meet a dealer of any make that makes proper or effective use of e-mail beyond spamming prospects/customers with promotional BS.

If you're serious, get on the phone, talk to a real salesperson. If you don't get a response, then you've got something to complain about . . .

BMWFM1
04-26-2008, 05:31 PM
I have yet to meet a dealer of any make that makes proper or effective use of e-mail beyond spamming prospects/customers with promotional BS.

Generally agreed.

AzNMpower32
04-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Use the phone! I cannot believe using email is suddenly better than talking to a real live person thesedays. So impersonal.

The vast majority of my friends never even answer their cell when I call. For them, "texting" is preferred and sometimes the only way to get a response from them. Geez, it takes me ages to type a message on my cell........I can barely keep up with the technology curve. I leave a voicemail, and they never call me back.

dolphin77
04-27-2008, 05:00 AM
I emailed the dealer on their web about a specific auto....the message was received.

erdoran
04-27-2008, 07:28 AM
I wouldn't take it personally, dolphin77. I'm a big email person myself and have found that it's the exception rather than the norm to get any action from email enquiries, other than perhaps an automated acknowledgment. Chalk it up to many dealerships and/or employees are just not as computer savvy as we are. If you are REALLY interested in that deal then call them Monday.

I've read stories of a lot of BS dealerships do (board sponsors excepted) but not responding to an email is way down there under the "not a big deal" stuff.