PDA

View Full Version : BMW Driving School: 1 or 2 days

BMWFM1
04-25-2008, 05:57 PM
I finally convinced my wife to go to the BMW driving school. However, the 2 day program is full until December. 1 day program is available in Sept.

What should I do: go to the one day program or wait for the 2 day program?

From what I read/searched, the first day is the same for both programs. Is there really added value to the second day? Any risks of going there in December?

Any experience/thoughts appreciated.

guppyflyer
04-25-2008, 06:31 PM
The Mrs. and I went to the 2-day school in October, if money isn't a player go for the 2-day school. You just start feeling comfortable at the end of day one, day two you build on the skills and really have a good time. You can read my 2-day review below.

Erik

Meek
04-25-2008, 07:44 PM
I did the 2 day school last December and really enjoyed it. The water wall wasn't running (due to cold weather?) but they set up a cone course to simulate avoidance techniques.

The second day helps reinforce what you learned the first day.

I think the class is very valuable and highly recommend it.

BMWFM1
04-25-2008, 08:03 PM
The Mrs. and I went to the 2-day school in October, if money isn't a player go for the 2-day school. You just start feeling comfortable at the end of day one, day two you build on the skills and really have a good time. You can read my 2-day review below.

Erik

Thanks a bunch for the advice. Actually, I had read your great post/story a while ago, which triggered my initial interest.

Just took some time to convince the wife...

PS: Thanks to Meek too.

guppyflyer
04-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks a bunch for the advice. Actually, I had read your great post/story a while ago, which triggered my initial interest.

Just took some time to convince the wife...

PS: Thanks to Meek too.

My wife's a good sport, but wasn't really looking forward to going as much as I was. She had a blast and was ready to come back for more. If you decide on the 2-day school I'd suggest staying in downtown Greenville. There are a bunch of bars and restaurants for your post-driving enjoyment.

Erik

BMWFM1
04-28-2008, 06:29 PM
OK. since nobody was advocating for the 1 day school, I have booked the 2 day program.

Thanks a lot!

samplemaven
04-29-2008, 06:48 AM
Good decision...I did the two day. One day just wouldn't have been enough.

On the second day they gave us a variety of six cars to drive. We drove five M's: Z Roadster, Z Coupe, M3, M5, and M6...they had a twelve cylindar 7 series lined up as the sixth car.

jorgeelizondom
05-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Guppyflyer,
read your review... nicely written!! thanks

Is it the same one as the "2-day car control school" currently being offered?

Dave 330i
05-24-2009, 07:49 PM
One day. 2nd day you will be bored going around and around the track.