PDA

View Full Version : Buzzzzz noise

Isa7913
04-28-2008, 06:33 PM
I just came back from work, drove for about 30 min. and when I turned off the ignition I could still hear a buzzing like sound coming from under the hood on the left side (when you're standing in front of the car). Anyone knows what it could be?

The first time it happened, maybe a good 15 min after the car was off, I open the door to check if the noise was louder inside and when I closed the door the noise stopped. Can it be related to the battery? Am I loosing power this way?

cruzun500
04-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Does it sound like wind noise? because i have the same problem with my e46 but it's coming from the lefthand driver side. Does it change when you make truns in different directions

cruzun500
04-28-2008, 09:00 PM
I apologize i have misread you post
how many electric fans does your automobile have on some BMW autos the electric fans will stay on after the car has been turned off check see if yours are running when you turn off the car after a good distance drive . can you feel the buzzing you touch the body or do you see anything unusual under the hood :i.e. electric fans rubbing the shroud or wabbleing in shroud, head lamp washers (if applicable ) not functioning or funtioning improperly , the smell of fuel is present . See if u can follow the noise and/or vibration to a specific area/section/point.

Isa7913
04-30-2008, 05:08 PM
The noise seems to come out from the battery. Well, I know that the battery is in the trunk of the car, but the bolts are in the front. I do not see anything unusual and it doesn't do it everytime.

I thought of the fan, but if it was the case, would I ear the noise inside the car too? Because I don't ear anything in the car; it really comes from under the hood.

:dunno:

cruzun500
05-05-2008, 09:58 AM
i would really need to look under the hood of an x3 which i dont have im sorry but i cant get to one it will take some time though

Isa7913
05-05-2008, 05:27 PM
The things is ... it doesn't happened every time, once in a while only.