PDA

View Full Version : How do you track your maintenance history?

uwstevo29
04-28-2008, 07:39 PM
I've just been keeping all the work orders and receipts in a file folder. But I find it frustrating to have to look through it all to find the last time I had my air filter changed, or my new brakes installed, or see what something cost, see if a warrantied part has expired, etc.

Ideally I'd like an online logbook, so I could reference it from home or work while I'm talking to the service center on the phone. I'd be a lot more convenient than lugging a bulging file folder around.

So far the few online logbooks I've tried are lacking. Has anyone found an online service they like? Or something else: A notebook in the glove box? A spreadsheet?

Or do you just bring it in for oil changes and go by what the dealer tells you?

AzNMpower32
04-28-2008, 08:17 PM
You know, there IS a maintenance and warranty booklet that has a place for dealer stamps. It comes in the package with the owner's manual and Telephone manual. I bet most folks here don't realise that.

I don't use it for dealer stamps. However, I do write down the date and location of whatever service was done.

MMME30W
04-28-2008, 08:36 PM
I've just been keeping all the work orders and receipts in a file folder. But I find it frustrating to have to look through it all to find the last time I had my air filter changed, or my new brakes installed, or see what something cost, see if a warrantied part has expired, etc.

Ideally I'd like an online logbook, so I could reference it from home or work while I'm talking to the service center on the phone. I'd be a lot more convenient than lugging a bulging file folder around.

So far the few online logbooks I've tried are lacking. Has anyone found an online service they like? Or something else: A notebook in the glove box? A spreadsheet?

Or do you just bring it in for oil changes and go by what the dealer tells you?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270118

PM me if you want a copy. I find it pretty useful.

I'm up to beta v0.4, and have been using SAAM for the E46 and Mini for a few months now.