PDA

View Full Version : Rough idle and shudder

adrian25
04-29-2008, 08:29 AM
Hi

I'm new to the forum and having problems with car model e36 318i. Car has a vibration and shudder when startup and when taking off. Seems to have very limited power when driving as well. Sound seems to be coming from the motor but can't really tell though. Have checked oil etc and everything seems fine. Heat gauge and oil lights are fine but not sure what else to check. Do any you guys have any other advice on what I could check? Please assist!!!:

robj213
04-29-2008, 08:45 PM
Have you tried cleaning the MAF per the instructions in the wiki? It's a pretty simple task and if it doesn't work, you are only out $8 or so for the bottle of cleaner. Worth a try I think.

adrian25
04-30-2008, 08:11 AM
Hi robj213,thanks for the advice. Will try cleaning the Maf and let you if it works out.

pjhansman
04-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Any chance of you having water in your fuel? If there's no ethanol in your gas, you might consider adding a bit of isopropyl alcohol.

adrian25
05-01-2008, 06:53 AM
Hi guys checked everything out and found that my engine mounting on drivers side is damaged and is hitting against the chasis as well as one of my air valve pipes running from Maf is also got a leak. Thanks for the help though.