PDA

View Full Version : NO drill, no bracket, front plate mounting option

funa
05-03-2008, 11:47 PM
You all may already have tried this, but hey, it's my 1st post and i wanted to contribute something. Learned this from one of my buds;
Instead of drilling; leave on the BMW logo cover but peel up the bottom portion enough to place a velcro strip along the bottom face of the bumper, do the same to the backside of the top of the back of the plate and tuck it between the cover and zip to the velcro. Bingo! good enough to get you by and it DOES hold.

ianiac
05-04-2008, 01:23 AM
Hm, I just didn't put my plate on at all.. I bet I'll get pulled over for it soon.. Got warned once in my previous car..

That doesn't sound like a terrible idea.. Id rather have it between the head and fog lights i think though. That way it doesn't block the mesh.

funa
05-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Yeah, it seems that guy's get pulled over pretty much at random. It's stored in the trunk and I hardly ever mount the plate but the velcro in in place under the rubber and on the back of the plate, just in case (uh but by the time of being pulled, prob too late) but...if it needs a 'sign off' at our local California CHP office, it will be quick and easy, I hope.

BmW745On19's
05-04-2008, 06:48 PM
http://www.gominigo.com/NHLPB-main.html