PDA

View Full Version : Touch Up Paint

hainguyen281
05-04-2008, 08:27 AM
I have this small scratch (door ding) and I applied touch up paint that I purchased from BMW. After applying it, I noticed that the surface of touch up paint spot is higher than the rest of the car. Is there a way to sand it down so that it can be even with the rest of the car?

kevinp
05-04-2008, 12:27 PM
I have used this product in conjunction with their touch up paint and achieved an excellent result.:thumbup:

http://drcolorchip.com/

I have also heard of but not tried the following.:dunno:

http://www.langka.com/

hainguyen281
05-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Is it too late to use any of these products now? I touched up the car yesterday and if I order these products, wouldnt the paint will be too dry to use it?

1bad540
05-04-2008, 10:13 PM
try to use some paint thinner on a dry cloth and rub the touch up paint...try it some where less noticeable 1st... most people dont know how to apply touchup paint and usually mess it up worse:cry: Get artist brushes from an art supply store with pin like tips..:thumbup: Also dr colorchip is great

hainguyen281
05-05-2008, 05:59 AM
i wish I knew about dr colorchip before doing it. I was being real careful but I dont think there is anyway to avoid those blogs. I will try some paint thinner to see if that works. I rather use a product that is meant to remove running paint.

peakpro
05-05-2008, 06:53 AM
I have both...i now prefer colorchip..

good luck

SC4ME
05-05-2008, 01:03 PM
I have both...i now prefer colorchip..

good luck

How is the color match? I worry when they say they will match the color as it is very hard to really match a color (not to mention sun fade, etc). What color did you have good results with??

kevinp
05-05-2008, 03:06 PM
How is the color match? I worry when they say they will match the color as it is very hard to really match a color (not to mention sun fade, etc). What color did you have good results with??

Silver Grey Metallic (A08)

peakpro
05-05-2008, 03:16 PM

only tried with sterling grey...match was pretty good

SC4ME
05-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks Kevinp and peakpro. My ZHP is a DD with a 100mi a day commute so I have lots of $#%#$#@&%&$#@ chips already. I think I will try colorchip as my previous experiments with touchup was OK but not worthy of my current pride and joy.

pdude1
05-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Awesome. I have this really thin hair like strike that is bugging me.

Also, anyone try it on the plastic front fender?

kevinp
05-08-2008, 03:16 AM
Yes, I have used DRCOLORCHIP on the fender with great results