PDA

View Full Version : a quick question.

big-tex
05-07-2008, 08:10 PM
So im shoppin for a bimmer right now and i've been checkin out the M3's lately, and im just wondering if yall thank a m3 would be a good buy for a college student, with adequate (sp?) help from my parents to buy a M3? or should i stick to a plain of E36?

any suggestions?

ProRail
05-07-2008, 08:51 PM
So im shoppin for a bimmer right now and i've been checkin out the M3's lately, and im just wondering if yall thank a m3 would be a good buy for a college student, with adequate (sp?) help from my parents to buy a M3? or should i stick to a plain of E36?

any suggestions?

Lots of lousy drivers running into other people around college campuses. My son was glad he was driving our old Merc. My suggestion is not to get your dream car until you are out in a more-or-less normal environment. For now get a used regular 3 something.

big-tex
05-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Lots of lousy drivers running into other people around college campuses. My son was glad he was driving our old Merc. My suggestion is not to get your dream car until you are out in a more-or-less normal environment. For now get a used regular 3 something.

well, ive never looked at it that way, good point, when i get my bimmer, what ever it is, im gonna be parkin in the back of the lot, lol. besides that what do yall thank?

e36m34life
05-08-2008, 08:13 AM
No, don't get an M3 while your in college. An M3 is a high performance car, and you need to think of it that way, which means it requires maintenance and lots of care, alot more then your typical Honda or Toyota. If the M3 will be your only car, and your only form of transportation, then especially don't, because things do happen, and more often so with the M, and you will be screwed.

Finally, even parking in the back lot of college parking lots is asking for door dings, scratches, and even worse, vandalism like keying.

Just buy a civic or something to get through school, and buy an M3 when your actually ready, not just "wanting" it's two different things.

big-tex
05-08-2008, 11:17 AM
alright, thanks yall

Does the M require that much more maintenance over a regular 3?

I'm gettin a bimmer, i dont want a ricer or even a domestic, i have a truck and i want a nice car, but also one that i can hold my head high when im leavin a concert or drivin round campus, im a country boy and it'd be hard to talk to girls sittin a civic or cobalt or prius. yall get what im sayin?

e30e
05-08-2008, 12:09 PM
College kid here and the only kid in the college of Agriculture with a m3 and I still love the m3 but hate the repair bills that I can't do. I do as much as I can myself and with help of friends. A m3 is a nicer car than a civic or truck or what-not but its not going to get you chicks. I've had a e36 325iS and E36 m3 maintainance was the same for me.

Billd104
05-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Save the M3 until after college. Find a nice 3xx vert CPO and save your money.

big-tex
05-08-2008, 12:57 PM
u mean to tell me that a clean a$$ bimmer doesnt attract girls? com'n now... that little roundel sends a message. but im probably gonna go with a nice regular 3-series.

thanks yall.