PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick note to all you out there in internet land

philippek
05-09-2008, 11:36 AM
It feels like I haven't posted in ages, and I'm actually feeling a little guilty about that--can't really call myself a sponsor if I don't add some content every now and again. So here goes:

South Bay BMW, my employer, was the #1 BMW center in the Western region for new car sales in the month of April. This is the second straight month that we have achieved that, and year-to-date only 38 cars separates us from being first being #1. I was a solid part of that effort, and I thank all the 'festers who have given me the opportunity to help them. This would not have been possible without you.

On a personal note, thank you to all who have extended themselves on a personal basis in the last few weeks. You know who you are, and I won't belabor this point except to say that I will not forget your kindness and generosity.

Bimmerfest was unbelievable. It was my first time, and it rocked my world. It personally and professionally recharged me. It felt like a pilgrimage, and one that I will gladly do again.

philippek.com is about to enter version 3.0. I need to polish a few more items, but I'm excited about the change and I think all of you will find it genuinely informative and useful. Thanks to those of you who have helped with that, your input and feedback has been invaluable. Please bear with me during this time, I have been swamped and my response times have taken a hit because of all of my competiting priorities.

2008 has been a challenging year in many respects, particularly for BMW retailers. For South Bay BMW to rise to the top in this environment is a huge accomplishment, and I just want to thank all of you once again for making that possible. We are in your debt.

Thanks again for the opportunities, Viva La Bimmerfest!

GBPackerfan1963
05-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Phillip, it was nice meeting you and chatting at BF. We will be talking in '09 about our next ED (unless Adrian wrangles me first). :rofl:

beewang
05-09-2008, 04:27 PM
..Bimmerfest was unbelievable. It was my first time, and it rocked my world. It personally and professionally recharged me. It felt like a pilgrimage, and one that I will gladly do again....

I don't believe it was the bimmerfest perse that recharged you....

Rather... it was from the I brough for us:p

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Y3pGZ0H8Qq4nTM:http://www.extranews.net/uploaded_pictures/3160_4.jpg

adrian's bmw
05-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Phillipe,

I am soooooo glad you went to Bimmerfest. In a cool, spiritual way, I felt like I was there in spirit because of you since I was unable to repeat going again this time. I'm sure you got to meet the usual suspects as they're a blast to hang with.

I plan on going next year and hopefully you'll be there again as well.

Indeed, it is a beautiful pilgramage.

Glad to hear about you and your dealership's success. I wish you continued success and joy!

As for Firehire, I won't wrestle you for him, that's for sure. I've seen you on TV and I'm no match. But he's right, I met him first.:neener: So I'm on skate alert. :D

beewang
05-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Phillipe,...blah blah..blah.. In a cool, spiritual way, I felt like I was there in spirit because of...

Nah dude... you were DEFINITELY not there at the B'fst:eeps: I know that for certain as I remember vividly that I had to pay for my own beer this year...:eeps:

Nice try thou...:p

philippek
05-09-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't believe it was the bimmerfest perse that recharged you....

Rather... it was from the I brough for us:p

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Y3pGZ0H8Qq4nTM:http://www.extranews.net/uploaded_pictures/3160_4.jpg

The Imperial was indeed a nice surprise...I'm glad you didn't bring anymore...I was already loopy after just 2! :rofl:

philippek
05-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Phillipe,

I am soooooo glad you went to Bimmerfest. In a cool, spiritual way, I felt like I was there in spirit because of you since I was unable to repeat going again this time. I'm sure you got to meet the usual suspects as they're a blast to hang with.

I plan on going next year and hopefully you'll be there again as well.

Indeed, it is a beautiful pilgramage.

Glad to hear about you and your dealership's success. I wish you continued success and joy!

As for Firehire, I won't wrestle you for him, that's for sure. I've seen you on TV and I'm no match. But he's right, I met him first.:neener: So I'm on skate alert. :D

Next year we'll show them what party animals the board sponsors can be :beerchug:

Can we go halfsies on firehire :D

adrian's bmw
05-09-2008, 06:13 PM
The Imperial was indeed a nice surprise...I'm glad you didn't bring anymore...I was already loopy after just 2! :rofl:

That Imperial's gotta be at least 9% ABV, so two can definitely make you loopy.

Next year we'll show them what party animals the board sponsors can be :beerchug:

Can we go halfsies on firehire :D

Last year, I went out on the town with Propellerhead, Mug, and the whole crew (so many mods, I don't even remember!:yikes: ..so much fun, played pool.) . We had a blast and drank ALOT! I'll never forget going to that Cajun restaurant where they sing and all and serve these jars of chilli pepper martini drinks that you could light a match to and throw it down like a molitov cocktail. That was such a great time. The extra flavor was the Cinco de Mayo festival goin on in SB.

As for Firehire, hmm, in the spirit of compromise and fairness being a virtue... halfsies it is. I get the RDR though.

Nah dude... you were DEFINITELY not there at the B'fst:eeps: I know that for certain as I remember vividly that I had to pay for my own beer this year...:eeps:

Nice try thou...:p

:lmao: I thought buying the beer was part of my dues to the ED moderator. Looks like I have some catching up to do next year due to my absence from this years event. :beerchug: