PDA

View Full Version : Poll how old are you?

dicor
05-10-2008, 09:16 PM
What is the age breakdown of the people using Bimmerfest?

chicagofan00
05-11-2008, 12:36 AM
26 to be exact.

im a ba
05-11-2008, 06:29 PM
16, 330ci- first car baby!!!

Just Bryce
05-11-2008, 06:31 PM
11, I hope my parents get me a car for my 12th birthday, I really want a 135i :angel:

erdoran
05-11-2008, 06:36 PM
11, I hope my parents get me a car for my 12th birthday, I really want a 135i :angel:

I haven't done the math, but for an 11 yr old you are a very prolific poster--how many posts per day does that make it since you learned to read?:rofl:

Ryan M
05-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Old enough to know not to tell people my age on the internet.

:rofl:

akhbhaat
05-11-2008, 06:40 PM

:rofl:+1

dicor
05-11-2008, 07:47 PM
I haven't done the math, but for an 11 yr old you are a very prolific poster--how many posts per day does that make it since you learned to read?:rofl:

I did the math that's 3.6 posts a day since Just Bryce was born.:yikes: :jawdrop:

mihink
05-11-2008, 09:17 PM

+2 :rofl:

ktc
05-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Goddamnit this year I have to click on the next box up... :cry:

e36m34life
05-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Goddamnit this year I have to click on the next box up... :cry:

Well unless you took a bath in the fountain of youth, I think what you mean is the next box down. :p

Just Bryce
05-12-2008, 08:45 AM
I did the math that's 3.6 posts a day since Just Bryce was born.:yikes: :jawdrop:

I'm a child prodigy :D

Vornado
05-12-2008, 09:04 AM
I'm 16 and my parents bought me a 335i coupe.

AzNMpower32
05-12-2008, 09:05 AM
This is actually turning out to be a fairly normally-distributed curve of age. That's good :)

ktc
05-12-2008, 09:06 AM
So then it's a significant shift relative to the (mostly) US population :)

Just Bryce
05-12-2008, 09:08 AM
I'm 16 and my parents bought me a 335i coupe.

You even age fast :tsk:

Vornado
05-12-2008, 09:13 AM
You even age fast :tsk:

People mature faster when bought nice cars at such a young age. Soon, I will be able to drink legally.

Just Bryce
05-12-2008, 09:16 AM
People mature faster when bought nice cars at such a young age. Soon, I will be able to drink legally.

Awesome, by that time I will have finished my doctorate and completed my powdered beer that you can just add to a 16.9oz bottle of water. You know, for the on the go guy :thumbup:

///M3lissa
05-12-2008, 09:19 AM

If you happened to fill it out on your user profile a rocket scientist will come along one day and post it for you :eek:

Just Bryce
05-12-2008, 09:22 AM
If you happened to fill it out on your user profile a rocket scientist will come along one day and post it for you :eek:

http://hanoiswans.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/rs.jpg

mistercindy
05-12-2008, 10:05 AM

+3

I had the same thought.:D I'll answer the poll, and I'll tell ya'll that I'm in my 40s, but that's about it.

epbrown
05-12-2008, 12:45 PM
I'm a couple weeks older than I was the last time someone started a thread like this. :)

mrvuml
05-12-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm 1000 due to successive reincarnations. Next time I'm reincarnated I want to be a 16 year old kid living in SoCal with rich parents who will buy me an M3, an M5, a Porsche 997 and a Z06 Corvette. ;)

AndrewZ
05-12-2008, 07:00 PM
I'll be 23 this year.

It sucks getting old.

:(

90%M
05-13-2008, 02:27 AM
I just pushed my age group to second place. :D

dicor
05-13-2008, 04:38 AM
Mine's in fouth place but given more time it'll grow. :D

Jever
05-13-2008, 05:43 AM
I'm old enough to know how to use the "search" feature.

dicor
05-13-2008, 06:08 AM
I'm old enough to know how to use the "search" feature.

I'm sure this topic has been brought up in the past. However if we only allowed new posts all w'ed have left is an occasional event or BMW news update and a ton of non BMW related posts that contain useless rants and quips of people trying to be clever.

woh0
05-13-2008, 06:46 AM
23 today... happy B-day to me!! :rofl:

kjboyd
05-13-2008, 08:34 AM
mature? or die cause they were showing off in their over powered cars?

SailinSand
05-13-2008, 08:40 AM
23 today... happy B-day to me!! :rofl:

Is is really your B-Day?

HBD!

Wish I was still 23. Going to be 25 in a few months- I know it's not old, but it really feels old. :bawling:

woh0
05-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Thanks a lot... and 25 is not old at all..

i'm not worried about 25... but about 26 for some reason. :eeps:

Jever
05-13-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm sure this topic has been brought up in the past. However if we only allowed new posts all w'ed have left is an occasional event or BMW news update and a ton of non BMW related posts that contain useless rants and quips of people trying to be clever.
If one is sure that the topic has been brought up before, couldn't one also search and bump an older thread that might contain more information than that of the people who might only read "general BMW" in order for one to get a broader scope of the age ranges of the people that use this BBS?

dicor
05-13-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm surprised at the low number of people in their 50s that have voted. Many of the people I see driving BMWs around here are in there 50s. I guess this poll is also of an indication of the age group that spend more time on the internet.

Jever
05-13-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm surprised at the low number of people in their 50s that have voted. Many of the people I see driving BMWs around here are in there 50s. I guess this poll is also of an indication of the age group that spend more time on the internet.
Nah, I think that it's because there is a large contingent from CA here whos parents buy/help them buy their bimmers. When I moved here from the midwest I was amazed at how 3 series' are a dime a dozen. In the KC area I would see maybe 5 or 6 3 series' in a half hour or an hour. Out here if I don't see 30 per half hour then something is wrong....especially when close to LA.

e36m34life
05-14-2008, 12:26 AM
Nah, I think that it's because there is a large contingent from CA here whos parents buy/help them buy their bimmers. When I moved here from the midwest I was amazed at how 3 series' are a dime a dozen. In the KC area I would see maybe 5 or 6 3 series' in a half hour or an hour. Out here if I don't see 30 per half hour then something is wrong....especially when close to LA.

Strange, because in my town BMW's period are not very common. Strangely, I think I see more E60 5 series then I do E9X 3 series. I know there is one E39 M5 I see quite often, and a couple E36s, but that's about it. I drive ALOT around town, and I'm always on the lookout for a fellow bimmer enthusiast but I just don't see them very much :dunno:

dolphin77
05-14-2008, 05:42 AM
Seems like a lot of talk sounds unrealistic...like maybe daddy bought the car or lets junior drive his.....lol D7

dicor
05-14-2008, 05:56 AM
Seems like a lot of talk sounds unrealistic...like maybe daddy bought the car or lets junior drive his.....lol D7

Seeing as how you brought this up I'll tell you this is why I started this post. I spend equal time between this forum and a Corvette Forum. On this forum quite often I see a posting like "My father is buying" or "My Moms going to give me" which is something I never see on the Corvette Forum. I just wanted to be sure that I was not the only person here over 50.:eek:

erdoran
05-14-2008, 06:08 AM
Seeing as how you brought this up I'll tell you this is why I started this post. I spend equal time between this forum and a Corvette Forum. On this forum quite often I see a posting like "My father is buying" or "My Moms going to give me" which is something I never see on the Corvette Forum. I just wanted to be sure that I was not the only person here over 50.:eek:

Hi Dicor, I live in your neck of the woods and I'm gonna be 55 this August!

dicor
05-14-2008, 04:48 PM
56 last Jan.

erdoran
05-14-2008, 05:02 PM
I think there are entirely too many spoiled, overprivileged kids on this forum. My son rides Septa after he totalled his Accord; my 18 yr old doesn't have her license because she won't get up to go to school, and my 20 yr old paid for her last car and will pay for her next one. All three would be delighted with ANYTHING with wheels that goes!

dicor
05-14-2008, 05:14 PM
I can't say that I blame them, if my folks gave me a BMW when I was a kid i'd gladly take it, then i'd ask them who they are and what did they do with my real folks. :yikes:
I've got two girls both finished college, ones in Texas working for the Austin Police Dept. and bought her own car, a used Ford Taurus my other girl is up here designing websites she drives a 2000 Ford Focus with no options at all and loves it.

Just Bryce
05-14-2008, 05:18 PM
I can't say that I blame them, if my folks gave me a BMW when I was a kid i'd gladly take it, then i'd ask them who they are and what did they do with my real folks. :yikes:
I've got two girls both finished college, ones in Texas working for the Austin Police Dept. and bought her own car, a used Ford Taurus my other girl is up here designing websites she drives a 2000 Ford Focus with no options at all and loves it.

This is crazy talk, if my dad doesn't buy me the 135 I will pitch a hissy that lasts a couple years. And if he were to try to pass of some Honda on me it might be a decade before I speak to him :tsk:

dicor
05-14-2008, 06:01 PM
I don't blame you one bit Bryce. They owe you that 135 as a matter of fact I think your selling yourself short, I'd ask, nope, demand nothing less than a M3. You walk right in there and tell them you want one and you want one now. Don't take NO for an answer. Remind them of the struggle you went through working your way out of that uterus :yikes::yikes:, it's not an easy thing to do. A new BMW is the least they can do for you. I'm behind you 100%. :D

erdoran
05-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Bryce, you are too funny! My kids, all three of them, would KILL for someone to "pass a Honda off" on them....

Dicor, you are so lucky! I'll just be grateful if my daughter graduates from HS (one year late, long long story) and my son can support himself.

dicor
05-14-2008, 07:03 PM
It'll happen, my younger daughter took the long difficult road but eventually got there just the same, it just took a little longer.

erdoran
05-15-2008, 05:41 AM
Thanks for the encouragement dicor--it's tough sometimes seeing her make stupid choices and not learn from them....

SailinSand
05-15-2008, 05:50 AM
I don't see the problem with buying kids decent cars. ...I got new cars for my 15th and 20th b-days (they were not BMW's). I think my parents did it because it gave them more control- if my GPA wasn't high, if it stayed out too late, etc... they always hung the car over my head.

Particularly in college, what's the problem with giving your kid a decent car? :dunno: As long as I did well in school my parents paid my mortgage and car, insurance ... etc. I had a "fun" job for extra spending money, but as long as I was busting my butt in school they said they were happy to help me along.

(BUT- I ALWAYS made good grades, graduated HS when I was 16 to go to college (it took my 6 yrs to get my BA- but I had some medical problems), didn't get into any serious trouble...etc.)

Many of the BMW's in this area that I see look to be driven by people 40+.

erdoran
05-15-2008, 06:40 AM
Well, Sailinsand, I happen to agree (gasp)--but #1 kid WASN'T getting good grades in college, wasn't working consistently over summer and not at all during vacations, took his car out when forbidden to and got in an accident, ultimately had three minor and one major accident (car was totalled) during a three week period. If he was doing well & busting his butt in school & working fulltime over the summer, plus had a decent attitude and did a few household chores (and driving a bit more carefully) he'd still be driving today. At the moment after a free ride thru college for 4 yrs he has perhaps 50 credits, didn't pass anything since spring of '06 and rarely even went to classes through all of 07. I've refused to put another penny into school and he is barely working part time. That's not deserving of anything.

the saddest part is my '03 Accord is a great, rock-solid car with lots of nice luxury features and now that I have my new Z4 I'm not sure what to do with it--I'd like to give it to one of my kids but two out of the three don't deserve it because of lack of butt-busting; #3 is on her own through her own decisions and doing decently, but has already been subsidized too much and is choosing not to work even halftime, so she doesn't get it. Maybe I'll hang onto it for winter and perhaps one of the kids will come around. I was originally planning to give it to the 18 yr old as a HS graduation present, but she hasn't passed a class for 18 months and has a minimum of another year until she graduates!

RiDeR7
05-15-2008, 06:52 AM
17 with a 91' 750il first ride!:)

woh0
05-15-2008, 07:17 AM
Well, Sailinsand, I happen to agree (gasp)--but #1 kid WASN'T getting good grades in college, wasn't working consistently over summer and not at all during vacations, took his car out when forbidden to and got in an accident, ultimately had three minor and one major accident (car was totalled) during a three week period. If he was doing well & busting his butt in school & working fulltime over the summer, plus had a decent attitude and did a few household chores (and driving a bit more carefully) he'd still be driving today. At the moment after a free ride thru college for 4 yrs he has perhaps 50 credits, didn't pass anything since spring of '06 and rarely even went to classes through all of 07. I've refused to put another penny into school and he is barely working part time. That's not deserving of anything.

the saddest part is my '03 Accord is a great, rock-solid car with lots of nice luxury features and now that I have my new Z4 I'm not sure what to do with it--I'd like to give it to one of my kids but two out of the three don't deserve it because of lack of butt-busting; #3 is on her own through her own decisions and doing decently, but has already been subsidized too much and is choosing not to work even halftime, so she doesn't get it. Maybe I'll hang onto it for winter and perhaps one of the kids will come around. I was originally planning to give it to the 18 yr old as a HS graduation present, but she hasn't passed a class for 18 months and has a minimum of another year until she graduates!

Maybe you should :spank:

:dunno:

SailinSand
05-15-2008, 08:13 AM
Maybe you should :spank:

:dunno:

Why do people always seem to think that spanking is the (simple) answer? :tsk:

I always felt like spanking would encourage violence I don't think any kind of hitting is acceptable. :dunno:

BUT I don't have kids, so don't flame me! ...I can say I was never spanked growing up. ...I turned out all right. :angel:

mondo21
05-15-2008, 08:57 AM
I think there are entirely too many spoiled, overprivileged kids on this forum. My son rides Septa after he totalled his Accord; my 18 yr old doesn't have her license because she won't get up to go to school, and my 20 yr old paid for her last car and will pay for her next one. All three would be delighted with ANYTHING with wheels that goes!

I ride Septa and I have three cars! Septa's the best after coming from public transportation-phobic LA.

woh0
05-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Well Iím Spanish... and I only remember getting spanked like 3 times in my life. But all Spanish parents are always like... If you donít behave, or do this, or donít do this, Iím gonna spank you!!!

i turned out all rite... i think :eeps:

erdoran
05-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Well Iím Spanish... and I only remember getting spanked like 3 times in my life. But all Spanish parents are always like... If you donít behave, or do this, or donít do this, Iím gonna spank you!!!

i turned out all rite... i think :eeps:

Other than your spelling :>

Vodka G
05-15-2008, 11:09 AM
nah i am 15.5 and ma mommie and daddie bought me the following:

1. a M roadster to pick up the honey
2. a X3 for doing house chores
3. a Bu-sa to kill myself

:-P

SouthernHero
05-15-2008, 11:26 AM

SailinSand
05-15-2008, 11:28 AM
nah i am 15.5 and ma mommie and daddie bought me the following:

1. a M roadster to pick up the honey
2. a X3 for doing house chores
3. a Bu-sa to kill myself

:-P

Wow- you're a lucky 15.5 year old. :angel:

Vodka G
05-15-2008, 04:10 PM

Wow- you're a lucky 15.5 year old. :angel:

darn rite..that's what you do when you are 15.5 with a big ass trust fund lolsssss

i kid kid

but seriously ...old enuff to not post my excate real age on the internet lolsssss

trueX5
05-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Sandy, what car could you possibly get before you were old enough to drive alone in a car? :D

Many HS kids in my area drive very nice cars. As long as they deserve it, I see no issue.

SailinSand
05-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Sandy, what car could you possibly get before you were old enough to drive alone in a car? :D

Many HS kids in my area drive very nice cars. As long as they deserve it, I see no issue.

I got a vehicle for my 15th so when I got my permit I could practice with the car I was going to drive when I got my license. My parents felt that was a safe thing for me-so they could be in the car with me while I was getting used to it, so they wouldn't have to worry (as much) when I started to drive alone.

trueX5
05-15-2008, 09:30 PM
gotcha. What was it?

Vodka G
05-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Why do people always seem to think that spanking is the (simple) answer? :tsk:

I always felt like spanking would encourage violence I don't think any kind of hitting is acceptable. :dunno:

BUT I don't have kids, so don't flame me! ...I can say I was never spanked growing up. ...I turned out all right. :angel:

i think physical disclpine is a MUST...parents nowadays is too sacred of givin' their kids a lil' spankin' or whatever

i am i aint sayin' you should beat the crap outta your kids like how my parents used to....lolsssss.....but a lil physical def help IMO

...alrite flame away....
:bawling:

dicor
05-16-2008, 01:21 PM
I believe you need to look at every incident and not make a blanket statement like never spank or spankings are completely necessary. Example I rasied 2 children and can count on one hand how many times and the reasons I spanked them. For hittiing her sister with a stick, biting, throwing rocks at her. These are very serious things and a parent cannot always wait and hope for child psycology to work. The child sometimes need to know that there will be serious consequences if the do certain harmful things to other people. On the other hand i'm sure we've all seen the mother in the supermarket smacking her kid because they're caring on and the only way she can deal with it is physical. These kids become immune to violence and after becoming an adult see this as an easy, quick, method of getting what they want from others. I have to laugh everytime I hear someone say you should never spank your child I'm sure if someone put a child with a sharp stick in the same room as their child, child psycology would fly out the window pretty quickly.

Vodka G
05-16-2008, 01:39 PM
I believe you need to look at every incident and not make a blanket statement like never spank or spankings are completely necessary. Example I rasied 2 children and can count on one hand how many times and the reasons I spanked them. For hittiing her sister with a stick, biting, throwing rocks at her. These are very serious things and a parent cannot always wait and hope for child psycology to work. The child sometimes need to know that there will be serious consequences if the do certain harmful things to other people. On the other hand i'm sure we've all seen the mother in the supermarket smacking her kid because they're caring on and the only way she can deal with it is physical. These kids become immune to violence and after becoming an adult see this as an easy, quick, method of getting what they want from others. I have to laugh everytime I hear someone say you should never spank your child I'm sure if someone put a child with a sharp stick in the same room as their child, child psycology would fly out the window pretty quickly.

Yep i 100% agree with what you said, and i think i should've been more specific

hitting them is not THE solution...BUT is needed in some situation

wjheinle
05-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Hope to be a bimmerfester forever!

87vert
05-22-2008, 07:10 AM

MangoMan305
05-23-2008, 06:15 PM
18 here