PDA

View Full Version : BMW's SUCK

vern
05-11-2008, 05:37 PM
After owning 4 BMW's over 11 years and enjoying the handlind and performance of all of them and not having any problems with the first one. I'm getting tired of going to the dealer to get something in the electronics fixed, the MY 2001 330ci wasn't to bad, 7 times for the period I owner the car. believe me if I didn't have a dealer as good as JMK BMW I would have gone to another make car and take my chances they always fix things for me without any hassle, and got the car back as soon as possible. The MY 2005 had 4 TCU Units put in in a 9 month period before they got it right, not meaning JMK, meaning BMW. Since the problem with the TCU Units I've been in the shop on average every 2-3 months for one thing or another happening in the computer or if you want to call it a software problem. Next week I'm going in because I can't set up the FTM, 3rd time, software problem,Nav screen blanks out periodically, 4 times in the last month, after you wait 30 minutes or so it comes back then it does it again. Now to top things off today on the MY 2006 X3 no BMW Assist,no Nav and no Phone, more than likely its another TCU Unit.
Now you know why at this point I feel BMW SUCKS. If you feel like flaming away at me go right ahead, it can't be as bad as the disappointment I've been having with BMW's
cheers
vern

Ryan M
05-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Awesome.

vern
05-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Awesome.
Thanks, I needed that
cheers
vern

Fast Bob
05-11-2008, 06:13 PM
BMW, Benz, Audi, and to a lesser extent Acura, Lexus, and Infiniti are *all* guilty of the same thing....in a frantic race with each other to out-tech the other guy, they`re dumping a sh!tload of marginally-tested technology on US, essentialy making us the testbed for all this crap (at a hefty price). A friend of mine is one of the top wrenches at a large M-B dealer, and he says Benz is just as bad as BMW in this regard. I agree with you, it sucks....after driving mostly BMWs for the past 30 years, this might be my last one.

cjwheeling
05-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Of all the luxury brands, I would say as they age, the Acura, Lexus and BMWs are the most reliable. I've had tons of issues with Infinity, MB and Audi's when I've had them.

Sucks that you're having issues, but they are just cars...

gEEkChris
05-11-2008, 06:40 PM
I feel your pain. I am getting to that point myself. My problem is what do you get to replace it? We're all on here because we are car guys so we demand certain things. I drove Mustangs/cobras until I was 30. Now at 38, I feel like I am too old to drive that car. (I don't need people saying "Look at the guy with the receding hair line who thinks that he is 20 again":) The same goes for most sports cars. What does that leave you with? It leaves you with the list mentioned in previous posts which all seem to have excessive maintenance problems.

cjwheeling
05-11-2008, 06:51 PM
That's my situation exactly. I'm going with a E39 540, possibly changing to an E60 next year.

M3Addict
05-11-2008, 06:54 PM
After owning 4 BMW's over 11 years and enjoying the handlind and performance of all of them and not having any problems with the first one. I'm getting tired of going to the dealer to get something in the electronics fixed, the MY 2001 330ci wasn't to bad, 7 times for the period I owner the car. believe me if I didn't have a dealer as good as JMK BMW I would have gone to another make car and take my chances they always fix things for me without any hassle, and got the car back as soon as possible. The MY 2005 had 4 TCU Units put in in a 9 month period before they got it right, not meaning JMK, meaning BMW. Since the problem with the TCU Units I've been in the shop on average every 2-3 months for one thing or another happening in the computer or if you want to call it a software problem. Next week I'm going in because I can't set up the FTM, 3rd time, software problem,Nav screen blanks out periodically, 4 times in the last month, after you wait 30 minutes or so it comes back then it does it again. Now to top things off today on the MY 2006 X3 no BMW Assist,no Nav and no Phone, more than likely its another TCU Unit.
Now you know why at this point I feel BMW SUCKS. If you feel like flaming away at me go right ahead, it can't be as bad as the disappointment I've been having with BMW's
cheers
vern

Sorry to hear about all your problems. I'm sure from your perspective it's easy to come to the conclusion that bmw's suck. I on the other hand, have had a completely different experience. I've owned an e30 318i 325is M3, e36 M3, and Z3 Mcoupe without any such problems. I currently own a 2001 X5, 06' 550i and 07' M Roadster. Again, zero problems with any of these cars. I've driven each one hard and auto-crossed a few as well. Maybe I'm an anomaly, but I love BMW's and will continue to purchase the brand. :thumbup:

RCK
05-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Maybe it's you and not your cars :eeps:

Oh and I've owned 4 BMW's in the past 6yrs and ZERO problems to report.

vern
05-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Sorry to hear about all your problems. I'm sure from your perspective it's easy to come to the conclusion that bmw's suck. I on the other hand, have had a completely different experience. I've owned an e30 318i 325is M3, e36 M3, and Z3 Mcoupe without any such problems. I currently own a 2001 X5, 06' 550i and 07' M Roadster. Again, zero problems with any of these cars. I've driven each one hard and auto-crossed a few as well. Maybe I'm an anomaly, but I love BMW's and will continue to purchase the brand. :thumbup:
You have owned 8 BMW's with ZERO problems is very very hard to believe. I know I have a BIG problem with whats happen and what is happening with BMW's to me but what is a bigger problem where do I go from here. Like I said in many of my posts through out the years on bimmerfest if it wasn't for JMK BMW in there great service I probably would have move on a long time ago but where I don't know.
cheers
vern

330ximd
05-11-2008, 07:23 PM
My BMW is nice...but...it is electronically challenged as well. I have been through 3 amps, 1 locking mechanism, 1 MKIV unit, 2 radios...well you get the picture. The 3rd amp is currently giving me problems now. Once in a while, no sound on anything, in the middle of listening to radio, then the next day, the amp goes back on, I have to check the fuses. Bloody annoying though, I feel your pain. Great cars, but SO DAMN glitchy w/ the electronics. Maybe if ze germans combined their engineering w/ japanese electronics. Then it would not be a BMW I guess. Whatever. Best of luck w/ your problems though.

DCColegrove
05-11-2008, 07:25 PM
All the new cars suck, not just BMW totally out of control with technology.

BsmithNP
05-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Is it me or are the reoccuring "I hate my BMW" posts popping up more often? Most certainly you can find someone somewhere who will B***c and moan about their current model of car be it a BMW or a VW Jetta or their bucket of steel '69 Buick. And then there is going to be the person who raves about them (even that steel '69 Buick!). But to blanket an entire car manufacturer in a gross overstatement is just annoying.

So the point is... yes, BMW has it's share of problems... I bet you when the first Maybach rolled out of the plant even it had a glitch (though it was probably just that the nap of the mohair floor mats laid in the wrong direction). Either way, in my opinion if it's broke - fix it. If you want to drive an Infinity - go right ahead and do it ... but I guarantee you're going to have the same feeling of disappointment once you find out that no car is perfect.

Good luck in your search for the perfect car (I hear that the Bugatti is relatively glitch free.....)

ZHPEE
05-11-2008, 11:09 PM
All car makers have problems in their cars..... you always get a lemon here and there. I don't think you can really just narrow out a car and say they all suck. ALL vehicle's have problems. All car makers have vehicles with problems. Your pissed cause your having trouble, which anybody would be...I feel your pain. And I don't think you deserve to be flamed. My sister has owned a couple of BMW's ....and never a problem. My friends have BMW's......never a problem. Doesn't mean there aren't those that do, cause BMW is still a car company with a service center and a fleet of mechanics. I personally will always own and drive a BMW.......

now having said that....... I still feel your pain and hope everything works out for you with the x3.

Peace.

MalibuMafiaV
05-12-2008, 01:24 AM
Did you have a sound system in any of these cars? with a amp you installed that was an aftermarket part? and didn't install a compasitor? then thats why you have these problems. If not then you either press way to many buttons and have ADD and ADHD and brake your car your self. I've honestly never owned any other car but a BMW and I never want to own a different one unless its a benz, BMW or greater. But from my experience BMWs are probably one of the most reliable I've ever witnessed.

mistercindy
05-12-2008, 05:12 AM
I hope you're the exception and not the rule. Others say the same thing about Mercedes Benz, but I've owned two for the past ten years (a 1995 E300 Diesel and a 2000 E320) and haven't had issues other than normal maintenance and the occasional but unusual breakdown. They've been very reliable. I hope my new 328i coupe is the same way.

Is it me or are the reoccuring "I hate my BMW" posts popping up more often?
This is a common forum phenomenon. I frequent a motorcycle forum (www.advrider.com) and the posts complaining about the unreliability of modern BMW motorcycles are very common. Yet my experience having owned two of them is that they're damn dependable machines. I think its a forum thing. Those with complaints post the fiery threads, those who are satisfied do not, and if you just go by the titles of the threads you'd think that its a pretty crappy product.

vern
05-12-2008, 05:16 AM
Did you have a sound system in any of these cars? with a amp you installed that was an aftermarket part? and didn't install a compasitor? then thats why you have these problems. If not then you either press way to many buttons and have ADD and ADHD and brake your car your self. I've honestly never owned any other car but a BMW and I never want to own a different one unless its a benz, BMW or greater. But from my experience BMWs are probably one of the most reliable I've ever witnessed.
NO aftermarket stuff in any of my BMW's. Its not me causing the problems its the faulty electronics. Give me a break,basicly the same problems in both cars at the same time. For you guys with 8 BMW's and the 4 BMW's that like to brag about ZERO problems,and believe I liked to brag up to this point but don't kid the players, ZERO problems!!!!.
cheers
vern

bradley01
05-12-2008, 05:50 AM
That's my situation exactly. I'm going with a E39 540, possibly changing to an E60 next year.

Mmmmmmmm :thumbup:

OK...I think we all are comfortable with saying that BMW has its fair share of glitches...as well as its fair share of ZERO problem cars. I think what we need to do here is start an impiricle study on each run of cars to determine which manuf. dates are the best; i.e. don't buy the first car off the line...don't buy the last car off the line, etc, etc, etc...

Vern, do you know the manuf. dates of your cars?

M3Addict, do you know the manuf. dates of your cars?

I am willing to bet that we will find a trend here when we start to look at when all of these cars were made. In fact there is a pretty good chance that each of these cars has different parts from different manufacturers in them...thus making one more reliable than another.

I can't wait to see the results. This will really make this forum a helluva lot more beneficial to all its members! :thumbup:

vern
05-12-2008, 06:59 AM

OK...I think we all are comfortable with saying that BMW has its fair share of glitches...as well as its fair share of ZERO problem cars. I think what we need to do here is start an impiricle study on each run of cars to determine which manuf. dates are the best; i.e. don't buy the first car off the line...don't buy the last car off the line, etc, etc, etc...

I am willing to bet that we will find a trend here when we start to look at when all of these cars were made. In fact there is a pretty good chance that each of these cars has different parts from different manufacturers in them...thus making one more reliable than another.

I can't wait to see the results. This will really make this forum a helluva lot more beneficial to all its members! :thumbup:
2005 530i built date 49th week,( Dec.6-19 2004 )
2006 X3 built date 14th week, ( completed April 6, 2006
cheers
vern

Vornado
05-12-2008, 07:09 AM
I can sure see where you are coming from. My last BMW was a POS. Don't miss it one stinking bit. Was fun to drive, but when you account for all the repairs and issues? The bad out weights the good. You just just get a bad egg sometimes.. won't say I'll never get another one.

Billd104
05-12-2008, 07:22 AM
cheers
vern

The ultimate in trouble free automobiles:

http://hodja.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/trabant.jpg

Seriously vern, have you thought of trying another dealer? I might be worth a call to BMWNA to get their blessing on having a fresh set of eyes on these issues!! Just my 2 worth. My 5er has had some minor issues as well but thanks to Bimmerfest and it's great members, I have been able to diagnose most of them myself and just tell the dealer what to fix please!! :D

vern
05-12-2008, 07:44 AM
The ultimate in trouble free automobiles:

http://hodja.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/trabant.jpg

Seriously vern, have you thought of trying another dealer? I might be worth a call to BMWNA to get their blessing on having a fresh set of eyes on these issues!! Just my 2 worth. My 5er has had some minor issues as well but thanks to Bimmerfest and it's great members, I have been able to diagnose most of them myself and just tell the dealer what to fix please!! :D
Believe me JMK BMW has been more than helpful and go out of their way to correct the problems. Read the posts, one example 4 yes 4 TCU UNITS in 9 months. It was so bad BMW Assist gave me free time to ease the pain. Its the mfg. parts that are the problem
cheers
vern

Billd104
05-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Believe me JMK BMW has been more than helpful and go out of their way to correct the problems. Read the posts, one example 4 yes 4 TCU UNITS in 9 months. It was so bad BMW Assist gave me free time to ease the pain. Its the mfg. parts that are the problem
cheers
vern

Having been in the automotive business with another brand of automobile, there is always more to a situation like this than defective factory replacement parts. The likelihood that 4 TCU units would fail in the same vehicle is infinitesimally small, possible, but unlikely. There are other forces at work here. What can happen in a case like this is the failure spiral gets tighter and tighter until the root cause becomes apparent. But that can take time, how long, who knows. There is probably another component that is defective and has gone undiagnosed. Has your dealer opened PuMA cases on all of the failed units? I would think they should have! That will put the BMWNA and the BMW AG wheels into motion to find a resolution to your issue(s).

vern
05-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Having been in the automotive business with another brand of automobile, there is always more to a situation like this than defective factory replacement parts. The likelihood that 4 TCU units would fail in the same vehicle is infinitesimally small, possible, but unlikely. There are other forces at work here. What can happen in a case like this is the failure spiral gets tighter and tighter until the root cause becomes apparent. But that can take time, how long, who knows. There is probably another component that is defective and has gone undiagnosed. Has your dealer opened PuMA cases on all of the failed units? I would think they should have! That will put the BMWNA and the BMW AG wheels into motion to find a resolution to your issue(s).
All BMW dealers could replace TCU Units if they feel they need to, after the 3rd TCU Unit was replaced in my 530i BMWNA created a new policy that all dealers had to get their approval to replace the unit. I would think that close to $1000 a pop + labor and all others that have posted on this board as well as other boards BMWNA looked into the problem but didn't come up with the total answer because its still happening to me as well as others.
cheers
vern

M3Addict
05-12-2008, 09:25 AM
You have owned 8 BMW's with ZERO problems is very very hard to believe. I know I have a BIG problem with whats happen and what is happening with BMW's to me but what is a bigger problem where do I go from here.
cheers
vern

I'm sorry that you find it "very very hard to believe" that I haven't had any problems. Just stating a fact. :thumbup:

nschmied
05-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Had a 10 hour flight from Munich to Atlanta recently. Had the pleasure of sitting next to a quality control engineer from BMW. He stated that BMW is making a concerted effort to improve the quality process of their manufacturing. He was aware of the electrical issues and other common faults (I went down the list of my issues with my 98 540i, which was pretty long). BMW is having most of their issues with their suppliers, and not with their own manufacturing. This was the area the engineer was focused on. He does nothing but inspect 3rd party suppliers processes and quality control. Think about how many suppliers BMW uses for their cars, and I can imagine how difficult it would be to keep every supplier up to BMW standards. He mentioned that this a top priority for the company, and they will continue to do what they can to bring down the failure rates of their products.

M3Addict
05-12-2008, 09:34 AM

Unfortunately, I don't have the specifics for most of the older cars, but here's what I have:

1995 e36 M3 build date I believe in the beginning of 2006
2000 Z3 Mcoupe build date May 2001
2001 X5 build date June 2001
06' 550i build date March 2006
07' M Roadster build date August 2007

Great idea by the way!!

Billd104
05-12-2008, 10:03 AM
...2006 X3 no BMW Assist,no Nav and no Phone, more than likely its another TCU Unit.

I still stick by my theory that there is more here than meets the eye since you have had 4 TCU's in your 530i and at least 1 TCU in your X3. Two vehicles with the same failed component multiple times?!?! :confused: Maybe it's time to move out from under the power lines or get that energy vortex checked out in the garage!! :)

vern
05-12-2008, 10:57 AM
I still stick by my theory that there is more here than meets the eye since you have had 4 TCU's in your 530i and at least 1 TCU in your X3. Two vehicles with the same failed component multiple times?!?! :confused: Maybe it's time to move out from under the power lines or get that energy vortex checked out in the garage!! :)
If I though for one moment that you know what your talking about with your theory I would give it some merit but I can't. How do you explain so many having problems with their TCU Units . Do a search,search is your friend. I didn't say its a TCU Unit on the X3 I said more than likly its a TCU UNIT.
cheers
vern

Billd104
05-12-2008, 11:02 AM
If I though for one moment that you know what your talking about with your theory I would give it some merit but I can't. How do you explain so many having problems with their TCU Units . Do a search,search is your friend.
cheers
vern

Lighten up Francis... just trying to help. :dunno: I understand your frustration but you lose credibility when you lash out at others.

vern
05-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Lighten up Francis... just trying to help. :dunno: I understand your frustration but you lose credibility when you lash out at others.
Thanks for trying to help. I think if you were in my position you would know why I'm frustrated. One car has to go in this Thursday, I'll get a loaner, probably a 2008 535i which is great, keep that and then bring in the X3 to get taken care of. I know everthing will work out in the end, JMK BMW has a great service department. By the way my name isn't Francis, its vern
cheers
vern

Bmwcat
05-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I drive a 96 328 and I'd have to say it's no worse than any other 12 year old vehicle. BMW does one thing extremely well: build great engines. With 118K miles the inline 6 is awesome.
I do read a lot of complaints about the new Bimmers and thats unfortunate. The older Bimmers dont have a lot of bells and whistles and that's fine with me!! ;)

vern
05-12-2008, 12:19 PM
I drive a 96 328 and I'd have to say it's no worse than any other 12 year old vehicle. BMW does one thing extremely well: build great engines. With 118K miles the inline 6 is awesome.
I do read a lot of complaints about the new Bimmers and thats unfortunate. The older Bimmers dont have a lot of bells and whistles and that's fine with me!! ;)
Bells and whistles are great if your a bells and whistles kind of guy and I am but they should work for the price your paying for them or don't offer them or at least until you solve the problems they are creating.
cheers
vern

Billd104
05-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Thanks for trying to help. I think if you were in my position you would know why I'm frustrated. One car has to go in this Thursday, I'll get a loaner, probably a 2008 535i which is great, keep that and then bring in the X3 to get taken care of. I know everthing will work out in the end, JMK BMW has a great service department. By the way my name isn't Francis, its vern
cheers
vern

Stripes (1981) Starring Bill Murray Harold Ramis

Psycho: The name's Francis Sawyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

Leon: Ooooooh.

Psycho: You just made the list, buddy. Also, I don't like no one touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. And I don't like nobody touching me. Any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

Sergeant Hulka: Lighten up, Francis.

I do understand the frustration and having been in the business I tend to look for the less obvious failure modalities and trends. Keep us up to date on what transpires. :)

M106191
05-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Guys,

I hate to bust up the BMW slamming but honestly I have had no electrical issue or mechanical issues with my 2004 BWM 330CI. I drive it spirited and am also a engineer that must have everything perfect mechanically otherwise it drives me insane.... I only once had the molding on the passenger come loose and they (BMW) glued in a new part.. done deal. The car has 54,000 miles to date. I also own a 2005 BMW X5 that so far had no issues with around 40,000 miles.

I can only hope to be able to say the same with my 2007 335CIC which I just purchased...

:)

P.S.

Since i just purchased the 335CIC I now have to part with the 330 so you can see it here..
http://www.abouttime.com/abouttime/steves-bmw.page.html

NetSpySD
05-12-2008, 03:12 PM
The more complicated the car the more problems. That is the way it goes.

Lexus, BMW, MB, Chevy, if the car has a lot of gizmos, you will have issues.

If you want simple, get a stripped Civic.

I enjoy driving so much a trip to the dealer a couple times per year is not that big a deal to me. :bigpimp:

I understand as the more complicated cars come, so will more issues, and the driving enjoyment must outweigh the cost of dealer trips in time and money. To each his own.

But with free rent cars, being without my car during the work day is not that big a deal and even then it is only once or twice a year. If I had the same issues multiple times I would find another dealer perhaps.

bradley01
05-12-2008, 03:20 PM
I drive it spirited and am also a ANAL engineer...

OK...so I gotta ask...

What's an ANAL engineer? :rofl::confused::lmao:

sc 540i
05-12-2008, 03:26 PM
If BMW's sucked that bad you wouldn't have three :). My 528 gave no trouble whatsoever, my 540 is a little bit of a trouble maker, but I wouldn't trade it for the world, the e60 is trouble free as well, as it should be for now. Rent a civic for a week, and report back :p

NetSpySD
05-12-2008, 03:27 PM
If BMW's sucked that bad you wouldn't have three :). My 528 gave no trouble whatsoever, my 540 is a little bit of a trouble maker, but I wouldn't trade it for the world, the e60 is trouble free as well, as it should be for now. Rent a civic for a week, and report back :p

:rofl: Those Civic tin cans are so dangerous when hit, I don't think anyone is reporting back. :eeps: But yeah, they are reliable.

M106191
05-12-2008, 03:45 PM
I guess I asked for that... meaning an engineer by trade and very anal (meaning everything must be perfect) when it comes to prefection...

kevinp
05-12-2008, 04:09 PM

Psycho: The name's Francis Sawyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

Psycho: You just made the list, buddy. Also, I don't like no one touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. And I don't like nobody touching me. Any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

I do understand the frustration and having been in the business I tend to look for the less obvious failure modalities and trends. Keep us up to date on what transpires. :)

CLASSIC:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I just replayed the movie in my head while reading your post, brings me back to the 80's

I miss John Candy:cry:

kevinp
05-12-2008, 04:16 PM

I couldn't resist...here it is:rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyy5xZkwsMA

Edev
05-12-2008, 04:19 PM
1995 e36 M3 build date I believe in the beginning of 2006

haha im sure you ment 1996..i just thought that was funny lol.

and im quite jealous of your E36 M3..ive been looking at a few e36' lately.

Fast Bob
05-12-2008, 05:33 PM
OK...so I gotta ask...

What's an ANAL engineer? :rofl::confused::lmao:

"Trying to improve America`s rectums, one hole at a time"

90%M
05-13-2008, 02:08 AM
It can be annoying at times. I had bluetooth issues with my 2006 325i. But once they had to keep it over the weekend to reprogram the unit I got to drive a newer 325xi with comfort access to the BEACH. That was fun! It would be even better if you could choose a loaner car. I'll wait until the new M3 is available to loan before I bring mine for service. :bigpimp:

Billd104
05-13-2008, 12:52 PM
I miss John Candy:cry:

+1

Billd104
05-13-2008, 12:52 PM
I couldn't resist...here it is:rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyy5xZkwsMA

Thanks... I needed that!! :D

synenergy52
05-13-2008, 01:54 PM
BMW owns (or posesses) suck?

"BMW's suck"

BMWs suck... (if you must say so) <--Correct way

vern
05-13-2008, 02:03 PM
BMW owns (or posesses) suck?

"BMW's suck"

BMWs suck... (if you must say so) <--Correct way
OK professor
cheers
vern

E30bimmer
05-13-2008, 02:51 PM
you guys need to quit your bitchin and remember why the hell you bought a BMW in the firstplace. Would you rather drive a honda or a BMW? how bout a toyota instead of a BMW? No? thats what i thought. Driving a BMW is one of the great pleasures I get out of life. Going for a day or night drive with the windows open and radio on is what its about. Not whether or not your gay ass Navigation or Bluetooth works. Did you ever stop to think that technology sometimes does fail. It happens, all the time, so why are you blaming technology problems on BMWs. And you fix it and go on, thats just how life is. Oh, and if you actually take good care of your car (which is what every BMW owner should do) then your problems will be limited. And if you dont have the money to fix the problems...WELL....maybe you shouldnt have a BMW then. Because having a car such as a BMW is an investment. And you have to take car of that investment every once in awhile.

bradley01
05-13-2008, 02:53 PM
:soapbox:

kevinp
05-13-2008, 04:18 PM
you guys need to quit your bitchin and remember why the hell you bought a BMW in the firstplace. Would you rather drive a honda or a BMW? how bout a toyota instead of a BMW? No? thats what i thought. Driving a BMW is one of the great pleasures I get out of life. Going for a day or night drive with the windows open and radio on is what its about. Not whether or not your gay ass Navigation or Bluetooth works. Did you ever stop to think that technology sometimes does fail. It happens, all the time, so why are you blaming technology problems on BMWs. And you fix it and go on, thats just how life is. Oh, and if you actually take good care of your car (which is what every BMW owner should do) then your problems will be limited. And if you dont have the money to fix the problems...WELL....maybe you shouldnt have a BMW then. Because having a car such as a BMW is an investment. And you have to take car of that investment every once in awhile.

Amen:roundel:

maldoror
05-13-2008, 04:30 PM
After owning 4 BMW's over 11 years and enjoying the handlind and performance of all of them and not having any problems with the first one. I'm getting tired of going to the dealer to get something in the electronics fixed

This is why I bought a stripped down 2005 E46 instead of a loaded 2005 5 series. That 5 series had so many different electronics things that could go wrong it was ridiculous. My 3 series was the end of the line for the E46 and bare bones on the electrical gadgets which means no new electronics technology to break down...FTW. :thumbup:

vern
05-14-2008, 04:43 AM
:soapbox:
+1 Up until this point I basically felt like E30 Bimmer about getting on the " soap box " and praising BMW I even use to take the long way home to enjoy the ride more but after having as many electronic problems as I've had and then to have two cars with the same problem at the same time,enough is enough.
cheers
vern

damyankee
05-14-2008, 07:22 AM
You have owned 8 BMW's with ZERO problems is very very hard to believe. I know I have a BIG problem with whats happen and what is happening with BMW's to me but what is a bigger problem where do I go from here. Like I said in many of my posts through out the years on bimmerfest if it wasn't for JMK BMW in there great service I probably would have move on a long time ago but where I don't know.
cheers
vern

I'm with you, I've owned only 4 and while they have been reliable enough, every single one has had problems. My X5 was probably the worst; there was never a time when all electrical components were working, and some things were pretty bizzare (wife got locked inside once for a few minutes before it came back to life - scared the cr@p out of her).

I can understand the need for sophisticated engine controls, but as far as i-drive, nav, and all the associated electronic debris they try to pack in these days, you can have it. And, good luck fixing this stuff in a few years when it inevitably stops working.

I still love driving them, though.

bradley01
05-14-2008, 07:26 AM
^
I think this is the theme of this thread. PROBLEMS...but we still love our babies! But...problems... :-(

gijoe411
05-14-2008, 06:15 PM
You have to remember, for every negative post that someone writes about how everything is broke on their new car there are thousands of people who are happy with their cars, you just never hear from them because they have nothing interesting to say. Who wants to read about a bunch of "I love my car, it's so great." posts. Thats why there seems to be more negative posts.

That said, every manufacturer has these new problems, my uncles 08' F350's turbo needed replacement, 07' Navigator's running board wouldn't come out. It happens.

bradley01
05-15-2008, 05:25 AM
...my uncles 08' F350's turbo needed replacement, 07' Navigator's running board wouldn't come out. It happens.

Well, there's his problem...it's a Ford! :rofl: J/K! :angel:

vern
05-16-2008, 04:36 AM
Yesterday morning I took the 5 to the dealer to get all the PROBLEMS taken care of, on the way to the dealer I get a phone call from my wife that she can't start the X3. She calls Roadside Assistance and they come and jump start the X3. She runs it for awhile to charge the battery and then gets to work. She shuts the car off and then starts it up again and everything is ok. She has to go out later in the morning and the car won't start, the engine turns over but it won't start up. Call Roadside Assistance again and they come with a flat bed and take it to the dealer to have the PROBLEM taken care of . Now we have two vehicles at the dealer at the same time with electronic PROBLEMS to be fixed. The one upside is that we got a new MY 2008 328 xi as a loaner with all the goodies.
cheers
vern

MrBones
05-16-2008, 06:54 AM
meh

BMWNA
05-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Yesterday morning I took the 5 to the dealer to get all the PROBLEMS taken care of, on the way to the dealer I get a phone call from my wife that she can't start the X3. She calls Roadside Assistance and they come and jump start the X3. She runs it for awhile to charge the battery and then gets to work. She shuts the car off and then starts it up again and everything is ok. She has to go out later in the morning and the car won't start, the engine turns over but it won't start up. Call Roadside Assistance again and they come with a flat bed and take it to the dealer to have the PROBLEM taken care of . Now we have two vehicles at the dealer at the same time with electronic PROBLEMS to be fixed. The one upside is that we got a new MY 2008 328 xi as a loaner with all the goodies.
cheers
vern
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.

LoveTAH
05-19-2008, 01:38 PM
You have owned 8 BMW's with ZERO problems is very very hard to believe.

Of course that's unbelievable. I mean, just because several on a message forum complain of problems, that's a clear indication that the other 200,000+ cars that are sold every year must be problematic too.

Using that logic of yours, I'm sure you'd find it very very hard to believe that I've never had a wreck, been in a plane crash, been robbed/stabbed/raped/shot/cheated on or murdered, you know, since so many others have experienced all that. :tsk:

vern
05-20-2008, 06:28 AM
Of course that's unbelievable. I mean, just because several on a message forum complain of problems, that's a clear indication that the other 200,000+ cars that are sold every year must be problematic too.

Using that logic of yours, I'm sure you'd find it very very hard to believe that I've never had a wreck, been in a plane crash, been robbed/stabbed/raped/shot/cheated on or murdered, you know, since so many others have experienced all that. :tsk:
Another SOAP BOX
cheers
vern

vern
05-20-2008, 06:43 AM
Got tha 5 back on Friday and they up dated the software to program 29.2 and got the X3 back today and they installed a new battery. So far everything is ok on both vehicles. Lets hope it stays that way. BMWNA got intouch with me after reading the posts "BMW's Suck".
Tried getting back to them about the subject without any success.
cheers
vern

Ice350
05-20-2008, 08:18 AM
BMW, Benz, Audi, and to a lesser extent Acura, Lexus, and Infiniti are *all* guilty of the same thing....in a frantic race with each other to out-tech the other guy, they`re dumping a sh!tload of marginally-tested technology on US, essentialy making us the testbed for all this crap (at a hefty price). A friend of mine is one of the top wrenches at a large M-B dealer, and he says Benz is just as bad as BMW in this regard. I agree with you, it sucks....after driving mostly BMWs for the past 30 years, this might be my last one.

I hope you're not seriously placing Lexus and Infiniti in the same unreliable category as BMW or any german car make?
I've had 3 Infiniti's and 4 Lexus and only one in that group had issues.
I have heard more horror stories about bimmers than bimmer owners like to admit. I hate hearing someone say, I've had 0 problems but when you grill them they really mean they had no problems they had to pay for. It's when the warranty ends that most people get pissed.
I love bimmers but it's the reliability history that prevents me from getting one. I had a benz once and I have sworn off the germans. Well, the new A5 is talking to me, though. That wisper in my ear keeps bugging the crap out of me.

bespoke1
05-20-2008, 11:50 AM

++amen!!

mondo21
05-20-2008, 11:57 AM

Agree with everything except the "investment" part. Very few cars are actually an investment and BMW (for the most part and especially the mass produced cars) are not in that category. Besides that, enjoy your ultimate driving machine and get a Honda for 200k trouble free miles.

93LE
05-20-2008, 03:58 PM
a

Ace96
05-20-2008, 07:20 PM
I was looking at getting the wife an '06 325i but after reading this thread I think we will be opting for something Japanese. Thanks.

mondo21
05-20-2008, 07:24 PM
I was looking at getting the wife an '06 325i but after reading this thread I think we will be opting for something Japanese. Thanks.

gl with that...

E30bimmer
05-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Agree with everything except the "investment" part. Very few cars are actually an investment and BMW (for the most part and especially the mass produced cars) are not in that category. Besides that, enjoy your ultimate driving machine and get a Honda for 200k trouble free miles.

Thanks for agreeing with me, but BMWs are an investment. I have to put a few dollars in here and there to make the best out of the car. People think that when you buy a car such as a BMW, there will be no need to look under the hood every now and then. But thats what is wrong with the people who drive BMWs....They dont know how to work on them. I know my BMW inside and out. I know my moms BMW inside and out. I think people would not be as easily pissed off about their broken cars if they could order parts and put them on theirselves..its not that hard. As for the Honda....there not THAT reliable. Your gonna have some probs with the honda honda fast car (lol) before 200k

TMQ
05-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Statistically, Honda is more reliable than BMW. There are so many more of them running around. On average they have smaller number of problems.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't buy a BMW. This is when consumer reports is actually useful. Buying BMWs when a new model is just introduced means more risks. For E39 I think 2002 are 2003 are the best bets, for E46 2004 and 2005.

mondo21
05-21-2008, 05:15 AM
Thanks for agreeing with me, but BMWs are an investment. I have to put a few dollars in here and there to make the best out of the car. People think that when you buy a car such as a BMW, there will be no need to look under the hood every now and then. But thats what is wrong with the people who drive BMWs....They dont know how to work on them. I know my BMW inside and out. I know my moms BMW inside and out. I think people would not be as easily pissed off about their broken cars if they could order parts and put them on theirselves..its not that hard. As for the Honda....there not THAT reliable. Your gonna have some probs with the honda honda fast car (lol) before 200k

Semantics I think:

Investment -noun
1. the investing of money or capital in order to gain profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value.

6. a devoting, using, or giving of time, talent, emotional energy, etc., as for a purpose or to achieve something: His investment in the project included more time than he cared to remember.

-dictionary.com

BMWs will not return interest, income, or appreciate in value (#1) therefore not an investment in my book. But, if you mean you need to devote time and resources to it (#6) then yes, a BMW is an investment in that respect. It's just that the returns are emotional, not taxable.

And, most decently cared for post-2000 MY Hondas will get you real close to 200k.

All that being said, I'll keep my 335, thanks.

E30bimmer
05-21-2008, 07:06 AM
gain profitable returns....well....my e30 may no be that much of an investment. but do u wanna know how much i paid for my e36 m3??.....wanna know how much its worth??...ill give u a hint...bout 20,000 more than wut i paid for it...i call that an investment...and all the work was done by me.

mondo21
05-21-2008, 06:13 PM
gain profitable returns....well....my e30 may no be that much of an investment. but do u wanna know how much i paid for my e36 m3??.....wanna know how much its worth??...ill give u a hint...bout 20,000 more than wut i paid for it...i call that an investment...and all the work was done by me.

That's good if you can sell a car for more than you put into it (purchase price, mods and maintenance, personal time), it's just relatively rare and most BMWs are no exception.

Bimmer M.D.
05-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks for permission to flame. How about YOU suck, ya moron :confused::):angel::thumbup:

gtxragtop
05-24-2008, 03:58 AM
My 69 GTX convertible can be defined as an investment. I've owned it for 15 years. Any BMW that I'm aware of built in the last 20 years is not an investment unless it is some exotic one off.

Billd104
06-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Vern, Your bad TCU mojo has rubbed off on my car!! :mad: It has been at the dealer since Monday AM for a BMW Assist problem and now they say it will need a TCU. :D Oh well just add it to the list!!

Synaps3
06-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Problem solved.

http://www.corradocentral.com/images/m3/DSCN0062.JPG

jcatral14
06-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Problem solved.

http://www.corradocentral.com/images/m3/DSCN0062.JPG

I hate you. :rofl:

I know who makes the TCUs. Maybe I should talk to them ;)

Sorry about your problems Vern.

wisbimmer20
12-23-2009, 01:01 PM
All cars do have problems indeed. BMWs are no different. Especially with how complex a BMW is, there is more likely to go wrong than a more simple, less sophisticated vehicle. BMWs are gorgeous, incredible machines, there is nothing else like them in the world. Audi's only wish they could have the kind of design and legacy that BMWs have. Driving anything less must be a sin.

gtxragtop
12-24-2009, 06:11 AM
Had a 10 hour flight from Munich to Atlanta recently. Had the pleasure of sitting next to a quality control engineer from BMW. He stated that BMW is making a concerted effort to improve the quality process of their manufacturing. He was aware of the electrical issues and other common faults (I went down the list of my issues with my 98 540i, which was pretty long). BMW is having most of their issues with their suppliers, and not with their own manufacturing. This was the area the engineer was focused on. He does nothing but inspect 3rd party suppliers processes and quality control. Think about how many suppliers BMW uses for their cars, and I can imagine how difficult it would be to keep every supplier up to BMW standards. He mentioned that this a top priority for the company, and they will continue to do what they can to bring down the failure rates of their products.

If true, which I'm sure part of it is, then you have to ask why a supplier problem exists. It would NOT if they were properly specified, validated and tested. If it is like the computer industry I'm part of, the poor vendors are constantly getting hammered for cheaper costs to the point where nobody makes any money. So to make money, the vendors cut costs, build in China which = crap parts. All they need to be is "good enough" to get it past warranty. What is not considered by the bean counters is customer satisfaction.

At this point, I do not have plans to buy another BMW. This will be my first and last. Nice driving car, one issue after the next. At 86K miles I'm now looking at a $850+ in parts cooling system overhaul. Why? Because something will self-destruct shortly. There is no excuse for this on a $50,000 vehicle that is 6.5 years old.

energetik9
12-24-2009, 08:05 AM
cheers
vern

It's not so hard to believe. Sorry for your issues...honest. I'm on my 3rd BMW now. No real issues. Two of the three I've owned outside of warranty. Again, they've been great for me. Sure there were some wear and tear items, but nothing beyond normal.

Truth is I still come back to BMW for the feel, the thrill, and the fun.

NetSpySD
12-24-2009, 08:09 AM
More complicated products have more issues. Even a Rolex needs to be serviced/repaired every few years.

If you don't want to deal with issues, purchase cars with minimal features.

Consumer reports rates cars on reliability. However they never take into account the technology in the cars they are comparing. Toyota fairs well because for example, they have been using the same transmissions, engines, and power window switches for 20 years.

dalekressin
12-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Autos of all makes are investments. Some need more intensive maint. BMW's are definitely in that category, but the payback is in the drive & handling.

Nightmare5336
12-24-2009, 10:59 PM
well the whole title "BMW's SUCK" isn't excatley true. u coulda just said bmws have electrionical problems. lol

sc 540i
12-25-2009, 12:08 AM
Just curious, why bump a year and a half old thread? I'm inadvertently doing the same thing, but I would still like to know.

-=Hot|Ice=-
12-25-2009, 01:38 AM
My sisters 1 month old 650i has an electrical problem. The audio system has gone kaput. I'm not saying BMW's suck and my family has owned 9+ BMW's. I will be getting a fully loaded 2011 M3 next year and my cousin is going to be getting a 335i coupe. Every car manufacturer has a problem child somewhere in the line-up.

-=Hot|Ice=-
12-25-2009, 01:41 AM
Vern, Your bad TCU mojo has rubbed off on my car!! :mad: It has been at the dealer since Monday AM for a BMW Assist problem and now they say it will need a TCU. :D Oh well just add it to the list!!

OMG! My sisters car has the same problem! Did your car say it BMW assist had limited functionality? What happened to the car? What will they do to repair it? My sisters 650i coupe came up with the same problem tonight! Can you please tell me what they will do to fix it? She has lost ALL audio on the car. No radio or chirping from the alarm system!

rjgibson
12-25-2009, 04:57 AM
Maybe you'd be better off with a Toyota!

82K miles on my Tacoma, and no problems...(knocking on wood).

gtxragtop
12-25-2009, 05:11 AM
Autos of all makes are investments. Some need more intensive maint. BMW's are definitely in that category, but the payback is in the drive & handling.

Actually they are not investments. Modifying your statement to this is reality.

Autos of all makes are money pits. Some need more intensive maint. BMW's are definitely in that category, but the payback is in the drive & handling and the pleasure (or pain) of owning said chosen vehicle.

hpowders
12-25-2009, 05:53 AM
cheers
vern

I have owned 4 BMWs. The only problem was a dying battery in a 2 year old 545i.

My problem with BMW is the 3 Series 328i which I have now is too big and heavy to be any fun.

Sorry to hear about the problems. That sucks.

BM2W
01-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I've owned 8 - 6 3ers, a 528i and an X3. Some have had a few issues, but none on the order of your experiences (my condolences). Mechanical devices will break sooner or later. No mfr is lemon free. I have friends with late model Benzes, Volvos, and Audis that have been absolute horror shows, as well as some quirky Lexi and Infinities. Good luck on your next ride, whatever it amy be.

dalekressin
01-01-2010, 06:58 PM
All cars do have problems indeed. BMWs are no different. Especially with how complex a BMW is, there is more likely to go wrong than a more simple, less sophisticated vehicle. BMWs are gorgeous, incredible machines, there is nothing else like them in the world. Audi's only wish they could have the kind of design and legacy that BMWs have. Driving anything less must be a sin.

Well stated.
:thumbup:

Lucifer23
01-02-2010, 02:15 PM
cheers
vern

You were obviously brain dead when you wrote ^this^.For the love of God you are having somme issues with your bimmer and you are taking it out on this forum.I have a better idea why dont you just grab a batt on go nuts on your bimmer...
The other festers go easy on you i see probably because you are a veteran here with almost 2800 posts so whats a punk like me with 30 posts have to say right?WRONG
This is a forum for those that love there cars but more importunely its a BMW forum.
I am NOT saying that you suppose to lye but you just went ahead and named a thread and i quote BMWs SUCK .I would have no issue with you if you would name the thread something else like My bmw is driving me nutsor something similar and blame YOUR car but nooooooooo...you have problems with your car and piss all over the entire BMW:thumbdwn:Its like if i go to America and some american calls me stupid moth romanian(my actual country)than i should consider all americans racists?
Ill tell you what:buy a citroen or a renault or even a dacia(romanian mark) cuz obviously you do not deserve to drive a bimmer
I drive a 92 e36 =an old car and it has problems but i still love my car and even if it was brand new and with problems i would NOT be so ARROGANT to write something like that

vern
01-03-2010, 03:33 PM
You were obviously brain dead when you wrote ^this^.For the love of God you are having somme issues with your bimmer and you are taking it out on this forum.I have a better idea why dont you just grab a batt on go nuts on your bimmer...
The other festers go easy on you i see probably because you are a veteran here with almost 2800 posts so whats a punk like me with 30 posts have to say right?WRONG
This is a forum for those that love there cars but more importunely its a BMW forum.
I am NOT saying that you suppose to lye but you just went ahead and named a thread and i quote BMWs SUCK .I would have no issue with you if you would name the thread something else like My bmw is driving me nutsor something similar and blame YOUR car but nooooooooo...you have problems with your car and piss all over the entire BMW:thumbdwn:Its like if i go to America and some american calls me stupid moth romanian(my actual country)than i should consider all americans racists?
Ill tell you what:buy a citroen or a renault or even a dacia(romanian mark) cuz obviously you do not deserve to drive a bimmer
I drive a 92 e36 =an old car and it has problems but i still love my car and even if it was brand new and with problems i would NOT be so ARROGANT to write something like that
I won't answer your comments because they are just comments. I will say this even with all my bad luck in the past with the electronics in the BMW's I've owned because of the great dealer I have, JMK BMW and the great service they provide I stayed with BMW and I'm very glad I did. In my latest BMW MY 2010 535i It has to be the best BMW I have ever owned and Knock On Wood no problems after 9,000 miles.
cheers
vern
PS One comment, get off your soap box.

synenergy52
01-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Your grammar and use of the English language sucks. Therefore you have no credibility

/end thread

vern
01-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Your grammar and use of the English language sucks. Therefore you have no credibility

/end thread
I didn't know that bimmerfest had a English lit professor as a member just maybe you should scan all the posts and correct them. If thats how you determine "credibility" I feel sorry for you. Get a life.
cheers
vern

QuoteWarz Insurance
01-06-2010, 05:29 PM
It sucks that you are having problems, but I think it is just the nature of the beast. They are cars, but they do break at the worse times. I have had really good luck with my BMW and also with my Mercedes as they both seem super reliable to me.

Ryan M
01-06-2010, 05:42 PM

/end thread

You forgot a period at the end of your second sentence.

BIMMERUSAM5
01-06-2010, 05:49 PM
You forgot a period at the end of your second sentence.

:rofl:

vern
01-07-2010, 05:36 AM
:rofl:
+1
cheers
vern

emcman
03-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Of all the luxury brands, I would say as they age, the Acura, Lexus and BMWs are the most reliable. I've had tons of issues with Infinity, MB and Audi's when I've had them.

Sucks that you're having issues, but they are just cars...

I agree with Acura and Lexus but BMW quality is poor and worse yet when there is an issue they often can not fix it the first time or in some cases at all. MD and Audi are also poor as well as Range Rovers. But I can pay half as much for a Honda that is bullet proof.

Then again my BMW has been in the shop the last 5 weeks and our Honda never other than oil change.

gtxragtop
03-12-2010, 05:40 PM
I feel your pain. I am getting to that point myself. My problem is what do you get to replace it? We're all on here because we are car guys so we demand certain things. I drove Mustangs/cobras until I was 30. Now at 38, I feel like I am too old to drive that car. (I don't need people saying "Look at the guy with the receding hair line who thinks that he is 20 again":) The same goes for most sports cars. What does that leave you with? It leaves you with the list mentioned in previous posts which all seem to have excessive maintenance problems.

Your kidding right? I still drive my 69 Plymouth GTX and my buddy owns a 70 GTX and a new Challenger R/T with a 5.7 hemi and a 6-speed manual. We are 57 years to old and lov'in it. Who the heck cares what others think. Do you enjoy it? If yes then what's the matter?

gtxragtop
03-12-2010, 05:52 PM

/end thread

Use a comma + a little conjunction (and, but, for, nor, yet, or, so) to connect two independent clauses, as in "He hit the ball well, but he ran toward third base."

emcman
03-22-2010, 05:09 PM
I agree with Acura and Lexus but BMW quality is poor and worse yet when there is an issue they often can not fix it the first time or in some cases at all. MD and Audi are also poor as well as Range Rovers. But I can pay half as much for a Honda that is bullet proof.

Then again my BMW has been in the shop the last 5 weeks and our Honda never other than oil change.

BMW is taking my car back. I had to write to a VP in Germany to get anyone's attention.
BMW customer service in Columbus sucks. New Jersey has been fair with me. The dealer is fine but my car is still not fixed after 6 weeks so time for another try.

You have to get to the right people which can be hard but they do respond when you do.

emcman
03-25-2010, 04:29 PM
I know some guys have traded their cars away. I stuck with it and the trade assist I ended up with is more than fair. What I paid for my old car less 50 cents a miles. I have low miles as it was always at the dealer LOL. The new SAV you get an invoice cost. I will trade my 2007 4.8 for a 2010 35D at no out of pocket expenses other than accessories I add. Clear shield mats.
Same options other than no third row seats who cares on that and no prem sound. I an also add aftermarket if I need to.

xBruceII
02-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Sorry to bump this, but I drive a 2007 328i, 6-speed manual, bought used, no major problems on the carfax, 45k miles (38k when I bought it) so thank God it's still under warranty, but for about 7 months now, since the first day I've had it, it's had major electrical problems. First, it won't start randomly. Nothing works, electrically. The doors won't unlock when I press the button on my key, the lights don't flash, no power whatsoever. Sometimes this can get fixed with time, about an hour or so, sometimes more, and it'll eventually start. But sometimes, nothing will work at all. This has happened 11 times, and that's just how many times I've had to call the dealer to have it towed. 11 times, and a BMW dealer cannot seem to figure this out. Now, a few days ago, I'm driving at night, and the car shuts off. I was forced to guess and hope that I was on the shoulder, and pull my e-brake. The lights, heat, radio, everything cut off. BMW can't seem to figure this out, and it's just become unsafe to drive. I have no idea what to do. It's extremely irritating, obviously. This car has had more work put into than it's worth at this point, they've tried everything. So, really, I'm just stuck with this car until I can get it payed off. I'm stuck with an unreliable, and probably unsafe car.

wisbimmer20
02-14-2011, 05:20 PM
http://stormtyy.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/cool_story_bro.jpg

kcimos
03-17-2013, 09:05 PM
"There is no more beautiful car on Bimmerfest than my gorgeous Forest Green Porsche 911 coupe!

Obama is an incompetent liar!

Porsche: Accept no substitute, unless you're poor!"

wow you are so far superior to everyone else on the planet it is amazing & I am so impressed with your wealth, taste, & (lack of) class.