PDA

View Full Version : Choice -- 335 xi sedan vs. GS 350 AWD

psr
05-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Here you go -- 3 person family, including 14 year old son (5 foot 7 inches) and 6 foot 2 inch father -- wife drives X3 and husband has been driving Saab 9-3 turbo -- should he lease 335xi coupe or Lexus GS 350 AWD? Acknowledge they are completely different cars -- in sum, BMW offers more fun but far less size and far less luxury. So?

PSR

f1fan
05-14-2008, 10:05 PM
The GS350 is a great car, but really apples and oranges. The GS has a very luxury oriented suspension and steering feel that when pushed is not to confidence inspiring. Drive both and you will know what you want. You will instantly feel comfortable in the GS, but will learn to love the 335.

AzNMpower32
05-15-2008, 06:51 AM
The interior of the GS (and many other Lexus cars thesedays) is smaller than the exterior size suggests. I think the 5-series has more room than the GS. I don't really understand the need for AWD, but it depends on your needs. However, I would choose the 335i coupe over the Lexus GS.

big-tex
05-15-2008, 11:06 AM
the question is, how comfortable is your son gonna be in the back seat? being a kid, and having to ride in the backseat often, i would say take him on the test drives if possible and see which is more comfortable. or just go with the one u like. or if your wife is short enough that she can slide the seat up far enough to give your son back seat room, that would also work. well im sure thats a different point of view than most, but all in all i say go for the bmw.

chonko
05-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Here you go -- 3 person family, including 14 year old son (5 foot 7 inches) and 6 foot 2 inch father -- wife drives X3 and husband has been driving Saab 9-3 turbo -- should he lease 335xi coupe or Lexus GS 350 AWD? Acknowledge they are completely different cars -- in sum, BMW offers more fun but far less size and far less luxury. So?

PSR

I won't be surprised if they both have the same interior size.
Lexus for some inexplicable reasons tend to have smaller interior space.

gtxragtop
05-15-2008, 06:13 PM
I won't be surprised if they both have the same interior size.
Lexus for some inexplicable reasons tend to have smaller interior space.

Dimensions comparison? http://www.vehix.com/research/comparisonSelectVehicle.aspx

1985mb
05-16-2008, 02:20 PM

PSR

Why not a 335xi sedan?