PDA

View Full Version : "Cool" Mirrors

TMARCUSK
05-17-2008, 01:27 AM
Whenever I'm parked and on the ferry going between the Islands and Seattle I always push the button to fold the side mirrors in.

Today I'm on the ferry and like normal bring the mirrors in. As we are approching Seattle a Man and his son come over to my car and the Dad proceeds to tell me how "cool" his son thought it was that the mirrors on my car fold in by themselves. I told him it was done with a push of a button and let the boy extend the mirrors back to their original position. I got another COOOOL from the little boy.

In a day and age where kids are so accustomed to new technology and interactive video games and gadgets I was pretty amazed that the kid thought my mirrors were "cool".

+1 for BMW

mistercindy
05-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Good story!:thumbup:

Last summer I stayed in Gig Harbor for a week,. One day I took the ferry from Bremerton to Seattle. Beautiful ride!

chicagofan00
05-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Nice story! Hell even I let out a coool the first time I pushed the button to bring my mirrors in! :)

andrewh
05-17-2008, 08:36 PM
My 1992 Corolla had that cool and at times useful feature. That was 16 years ago, in an economy car.

AzNMpower32
05-17-2008, 08:56 PM
I thought the mp3 capability in the new BMWs was cool. Then again, I only made my first mp3 CD a week ago. And I still don't understand the concept of "texting" via mobile phone.

TMARCUSK
05-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Good story!:thumbup:

Last summer I stayed in Gig Harbor for a week,. One day I took the ferry from Bremerton to Seattle. Beautiful ride!

Gig Harbor is kind of a throw back town on the water; I like it. Rain or shine, it's tough to beat a ferry ride across Puget Sound.

Gig103
05-19-2008, 02:43 PM
The innocence of kids always makes me smile.

Whenever I would fold my mirrors in on my ED, all I heard was "stop being so paranoid!"

TMARCUSK
05-19-2008, 11:14 PM
"The innocence of kids always makes me smile." - quote - gig103

Exactly. Something so small...but it made his day....and mine.