PDA

View Full Version : Something I realized about luxury cars

OCADA
05-22-2008, 01:42 PM
After visiting some forums for BMWs competition(lexus, infinity, Acura) I realized they all have their share of problems that dedicated owners, like you guys, like to complain about them :D.

While BMWs may not be as reliable as a swiss watch, they competition isn't either. Some might be more reliable than others, but if you're buying a car to enjoy the ride, then that's what you should focus on. Hence, get a bimmer :bigpimp:

Now I just need to decide on whether to get a e46 330 or e39 530.

TMQ
05-22-2008, 09:32 PM
As long as you get late year models in the 7 yr life cycle, BMWs are fine. Definitely avoid the early 3-4 years.

And make sure to subscribe to Roundel and read the tech talk thoroughly.

BM2W
05-23-2008, 06:49 AM
BMW's didn't used to be luxury cars, they were much more sporting than POSH. My '81 had hand cranked windows, sunroof, cloth seats, and a Motorola radio (AM/FM/cassette w/ 4 speakers). The only luxe features were the sunroof & a/c. Each subsequent Bimmer I bought had more 'luxury' crap that added little to the driving experience, but added a lot to the cost, weight & number of things that could go wrong while attracting more posers and diluting the enthusiast base. 'Marketing' - bleh.

jesimmons
05-23-2008, 07:30 AM
In days gone by, people didn't have to spend so damned much time behind the wheel stuck in traffic. In my youth you bought a car for comfort or sport - and seldom the two were combined (at least for most people). Now days we want it all... Sport, comfort, luxury in one package... Heck - and at todays auto prices who blames us. :dunno:

One thing I like about the BMW is the ability to customize the level of comfort, luxury, and performance you want. Thats why I picked an e60, and really glad I did. :D