PDA

View Full Version : Modification: Playing movies on in dash display.

Nevervana
05-25-2008, 03:55 PM
I have seen this on numerous BMW's driving around southern california lately. Usually its on 3 or 5 series, but I am starting to get pretty jealous.

The world of modding your car seems a little weird and disorganized, as I can never get a clear response from anyone on "how much" a mod would cost (for example, converting the 6 series un-openable moon roof into an openable one), or where to get it done.

Can any of you recommend any places in southern california or arizona which will do this "DVD mod" where one can play videos on their display full screen (not split screen) ? Specifically for a 6 series as that is what I have.

If I could have, I would have asked the guy, but we were going 85 miles an hour at the time on a highway...

Thanks

-N-

sunny_j
05-25-2008, 05:52 PM
what did the boys at bimmerdrivers say?

Nevervana
05-25-2008, 09:44 PM
The guys at www.bimmerdrivers.com aren't big on modding just yet.

Surely someone here knows ?

-N-

sunny_j
05-25-2008, 09:46 PM
you need the nav tv module
http://www.navtv.com/

E30bimmer
05-26-2008, 11:41 AM
no u dont...all u need is to splice a few wires...I know how to do it, but i live in PA...not too familiar with shops in CA or AZ..try searching the forums and the internet for complete instructions, if u know how to CORRECTLY splice wires (none of that electrical tape ****) then it will be an easy install

MMME30W
05-26-2008, 12:14 PM
I have seen this on numerous BMW's driving around southern california lately. Usually its on 3 or 5 series, but I am starting to get pretty jealous.

The world of modding your car seems a little weird and disorganized, as I can never get a clear response from anyone on "how much" a mod would cost (for example, converting the 6 series un-openable moon roof into an openable one), or where to get it done.

Can any of you recommend any places in southern california or arizona which will do this "DVD mod" where one can play videos on their display full screen (not split screen) ? Specifically for a 6 series as that is what I have.

If I could have, I would have asked the guy, but we were going 85 miles an hour at the time on a highway...

Thanks

-N-

N -

Found this, not sure if this is what you are looking for or not:

http://www.gnetcanada.com/navvideo-models-gnetbmw356.asp

"Connect A Video Input Such As A DVD Player, TV Tuner, Reverse Backup Camera, Video Game Console, iPod Video, Car PC with VGA or Other A/V Source To Your BMW E90 1 Series - E90 3 Series - E60 5 Series - E63/E64 6 Series - E70 2007+ X5 - iDrive OEM GPS Navigation LCD Display Screen! G-NET TV Nav Video Modules Are Easy To Install, Activated For Video In Motion And Are Completely Plug & Play"

$449 USD. Might find a shop that will install for you? :dunno:

Nevervana
05-26-2008, 03:27 PM
Im having the 6 series iPod kit installed at the dealer this week. Do you think its the same thing? Or might be jimmy rigged to do something similar?

-N-

sunny_j
05-26-2008, 03:35 PM
the nav tv unit goes in between the navi and the screen up front.

nav output into nav tv input, nav tv output to front monitor

Nevervana
05-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Clear as mud.

Ill check out the URL's above.

-N-