PDA

View Full Version : Bugs and difficult road slime

ChrisF
02-23-2002, 03:02 PM
What the best way to remove bugs and other stuff that does not come off after during a normal wash?

Are there particular products out there that make swift work of removing this stuff without scratching the paint?

johnlew
02-23-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by ChrisF
What the best way to remove bugs and other stuff that does not come off after during a normal wash?

Are there particular products out there that make swift work of removing this stuff without scratching the paint?

I've had great luck with believe it or not, SIMONIZ bug and tar remover. Black can, yellow picture and label. Removed stuff that 4 other bug and tar removers couldn't including the Great TARMINATOR. Other stuff is better on tar though.

ChrisF
02-25-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by johnlew

I've had great luck with believe it or not, SIMONIZ bug and tar remover. Black can, yellow picture and label. Removed stuff that 4 other bug and tar removers couldn't including the Great TARMINATOR. Other stuff is better on tar though.

Thanks. I'll look for it.

Guest84
02-25-2002, 10:24 AM
Clay bar works on road tar too, not sure about bugs.(It will remove harden mineral deposits in a finish, no reason it shouldn't do harden bug butts too!)

pixelated
02-27-2002, 01:52 PM
I had this crazy molasses texture road slime on the bottom of my car. I thought I had to go buy some tar/bug remover, but decided to make do with what I had on hand. I just used a big glob of wax and it took it off fine...? :dunno: I had to throw away the towel though. Nasty stuff.

Guest84
02-27-2002, 02:31 PM
epham, thats always a good approach to URG, use the tamest product first, if that doesn't do it, move onto something stronger.

ism409
03-04-2002, 07:26 AM
For waht it is worth I use Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover :eeps:
Has worked fine for all my bug and tar issues..