PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

jredingt
05-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Found this 1995 M3 AND its in my own town.

I've been shopping around for an e36 M3 and I think this might be the "one", that is, if several things fall into place just perfectly... and the planets align is just so.....:)

Thought I'd get the forums opinion first.:thumbup:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=245295691&dealer_id=62676447&car_year=1995&model=M3&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1995&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=300&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=BMW&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=98225&advanced=&end_year=1999&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=0

I'm gonna go test drive it tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.

Thanks,

:[Justin]:

e30e
05-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Are you kidding me!!!!!!! 12k.5 for 151,000 miles?!?!? Look in California, I bought a 96 m3 in San Diego with 110k miles for 11.3k, just because he has goodies in there does not make it worth that much with that many miles. In fact many people, including myself believe mod's lower the car's value unless its putting up big horsepower numbers, which its not.

Stsmark
06-01-2008, 08:15 AM
I agree with e30e mods are subjective as far as value goes, I always do them because it makes the vehicle the way I want it not as an investment. Have it inspected by a house that knows Beemers because given this owners knowledge and occupation, at 151k there are several items that the care it's received allowed them to go this long but he knows the time is coming. IE cooling system, suspension bushings, tie rods, etc. His use of the term "move on" leaves me with a feeling of "giving up".

Is the airbag in the Momo wheel? Just a few thoughts.

Bruce
06-01-2008, 09:16 AM
beemer = motorcylce....hence the name of this site.

chrisria
06-04-2008, 04:18 AM
I disagree:if the car is really as nice and cared for as stated and this can be verified I'd say its well worth close to asking price! If he's cared for it that well, done all the things needed at this age and mileage, I'd gladly pay the price and drive away to enjoy the car rather then save a few thousand only to spend it later!

e30e
06-04-2008, 02:12 PM
I disagree:if the car is really as nice and cared for as stated and this can be verified I'd say its well worth close to asking price! If he's cared for it that well, done all the things needed at this age and mileage, I'd gladly pay the price and drive away to enjoy the car rather then save a few thousand only to spend it later!

I do see your point, but for me personally I wouldn't have a problem buying a car modified as long as it has documents proving that someone who knew what they were doing installed the parts and I've scene how the car has been driven.

Problem with buying a modified car for me is, how bad has it been raped? With e36 m3's you don't add go parts for show, unless your weird, you add go parts to go faster. It could be a good thing, parts break and have been replaced but it sounded like he beat the piss out the car, spent a lot of money and is tired of paying the price for driving like maniac and wants to make profit for all that he's done to his car.

Starting from scratch can be a good thing sometimes.

hon2bmw
06-06-2008, 11:59 PM
I paid $6,000 for my M3, of course it had 186,000 miles on it, clear title. I think I did okay. So I still fail to see what makes that car worth $6k more than mine.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/peteex/_MG_3556.jpg

shadykball
06-09-2008, 07:23 PM
I dont think you should do it. The mods on that car dont really do anything for it but looks. If your goin to spend that much money it should at least have 300hp to the wheels or more. I paid 10g's for mine and it had less mileage and she was pumpin over 300 and had the clutch to handle it. Keep lookin man. Cali is a good place to look.

LIL RAJA
06-16-2008, 01:50 PM
sold my m3 last feb for 9,000$ with 92k miles on it.
everything working, so i don't think it's a great deal.

LIL RAJA
06-16-2008, 01:51 PM
I paid $6,000 for my M3, of course it had 186,000 miles on it, clear title. I think I did okay. So I still fail to see what makes that car worth $6k more than mine.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/peteex/_MG_3556.jpg
6k now that is a good deal bro. car looks hot