PDA

View Full Version : i have ette in my car but isnt the

eugeneDC/TX
02-25-2002, 12:20 AM
steering wheel (325i sp) supposed to be leather? do i need a separate leather cleaner for it? or can i just wipe down with vinelyx? also i'm soon planning on upgrading to the m3 steering wheel which is def leather, what would i use to clean it?

Dr. Phil
02-25-2002, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by eugeneDC/TX
steering wheel (325i sp) supposed to be leather? do i need a separate leather cleaner for it? or can i just wipe down with vinelyx? also i'm soon planning on upgrading to the m3 steering wheel which is def leather, what would i use to clean it?
Wheel is leather, I'd keep the vinelyx off it. I bumped my cleaning pad against a spot and it became very slippery where the solution was until it wore down.

eugeneDC/TX
02-25-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by PM 325xiT

Wheel is leather, I'd keep the vinelyx off it. I bumped my cleaning pad against a spot and it became very slippery where the solution was until it wore down.

which wheel are we referring to? the m3 or the stock sp wheel?

thanks

Dr. Phil
02-25-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by eugeneDC/TX

which wheel are we referring to? the m3 or the stock sp wheel?

thanks
stock sp

awd330
02-25-2002, 01:40 PM
I've also been wondering about the material surrounding the base of the gear shift knob and the emergency brake handle. Does anyone know if these are leather or vinyl?

Dr. Phil
02-25-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by awd330
I've also been wondering about the material surrounding the base of the gear shift knob and the emergency brake handle. Does anyone know if these are leather or vinyl?
I'm fairly sure they are leather. But would look for some confirmation from others:dunno:

I've treated them as leather to date