PDA

View Full Version : Clutch advice needed

A Rios
06-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Okay guys, its time for some upgrades! No more NA. Going FI! Which clutch/lightweight flywheel kit is everybody going with? UUC runs theirs with an M5 clutch. Bimmerworld has a JB Racing flywheel/Clutchmaster disc. I've decided to go with the kevlar segmented surface and I'm wondering if any of you guys have run both? Which performs best? It's for my daily driven M3, so ceramic or twin discs are just overkill. Chatter isn't a huge concern for me but I dont want to sound like I've got a loose bolt flying around the inside of my tranny. My wife rarely drives it, but it needs to be well-mannered enough for that once in a blue-moon occasion. Any suggestions or alternatives? As always your advice is greatly appreciated. I especially love that it's unbiased except when it comes from someone who works for or with any of the aforementioned companies, so it's truly from experience and not someone trying to sell me something. Thanks again guys.:thumbup:

shadykball
07-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Hey man thanks for the help on the oil cooler I will prob get the full set. But for the clutch deal Im not to sure whats in it. The guy that I bought it from put it in. The thing is if you are going to add some hp to your car the clutch is goung to make some noise, mostly from your light flywheel. Mine does. The supercharger that I went with was the Active Autowerkes. Its the Procharger that they have. Great power for good money.