PDA

View Full Version : Driveline Lag???

zkc
06-26-2008, 01:03 PM
For the past couple of weeks I've had a little bit of a driveline lag/clunk from what I think is the rear of the car. It only seems to happen after I downshift and then start to accelerate again. For example, if I'm in 5th gear going 55mph and I start to slow down for an approaching stop light and I downshift to 4th and then the light turns green and I start to accelerate again (not hard, just normal acceleration) there will be a clunk and small delay, then it seems like the driveline catches up and everything is fine until I downshift again, etc...

Any ideas of what could be causing this? I just want to fix it before it gets too bad.

Thanks...:dunno:

e30e
06-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Take a look at guido/flex disc whatever you want to call it. Thats the rubber disc that is held in place by the driveshaft and tranny.

savage217
07-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Also check your diff bushings.

Ryan M
07-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Check your flex disc, CV joint, and diff bushings.

Corey Milne
07-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Guibo disc makes a nice clunk when its worn. If it got to this point ask who ever services your vehicle why they weren't keeping an eye on it, thats always a good way to squeeze a deal from them. Or maybe you aren't servicing your vehicle often enough (god forbid a bmw driver would ever do that:rolleyes:).

zkc
07-14-2008, 09:38 PM
I had it checked out today and the guibo is fine, subframe bushings, motor mounts, diff. bushings, tranny bushings, etc... are all fine so we just changed all of the fluids and we'll keep troubleshooting. My mechanic thought it might be something in the clutch, but he hasn't yet pinpointed the problem...