PDA

View Full Version : Conversation With A Prospective E36 M3 Seller..

aavi
06-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Owner: hey .. just want to ask you if you are still intereted in car?
me: well let me put it this way for the price and the milegae....i think the price is too much that you are asking, to be honest
Owner: whats your offer? we can work on the price
me: i was looking for something around 8k and i thought that would be too much of a low ball considering what you were asking so i didnt bother to get in touch with you, as it would have wasted your time and mine too
Owner: 8 is too low for this car .. for all the work done on this car .. and maintenance
me: i agree, i dont doubt you ahvent maintained it but it aslready up 153k miles
Owner: how familiar are you with these cars
me: thats my major concern i wouldnt say i am a pro, i am not a novice either...
Owner: 153k maintained is not that many miles for these cars...have you heard about turner motorsport?
me: i looked them up online once oyu mentioned them, why? frm wat i saw they are pros at tuning bimmers...
Owner: they are pro inmaintaing these cars .. and all the work on my car is done by them
me: are you the 1st owner or the 2nd or the 3rd?
Owner: he asked me to price this car .. to around 13000, iam 2nd owner
me: and when did you get it at how many miles, wat year?
Owner: i got it 2.5 years ago it was at 100000 miles when i bought i t
me: and the previous owner...did he maintain it well?
Owner: it was maintained by BMW dealership
me: you have all the records frm him? dont think i am being an ass about this ok...i just want to know what i am getting into incase we work out something
Owner: i can get it from dealership
me: and after you got it...you always took it to Turner Motorsport?
Owner: yup
Owner: i got all the maitenance and other work done from him suspension
Owner: i can tell you all the technical stuff ..if you want ..
me: sure
Owner: rest is your choice !!!
me: ok tell me...
Owner: what do you want to know
me: everything thats been done on the car
Owner: suspension (complete package), Colling system (water pump, thermostat), Raditor, CAI (cosmos), Complete brake package, new Steering rack, tie rods, bushings, all the belts Vanos unit rebuild and all the basic maintenance thats all i remember right now .. but i can give you the reciept copy
me: do you remember at how many miles all these was done
Owner: they all been done at regular intervals, dont remember the miles exactly all within 35000 miles
me: has anything been done on the Engine or the Transmission?
Owner: no major work, fluid flush for transmission
Owner: did i answer all the questions.?
me: ya pretty much thanks for taking the time
i need to think about this...man i do not doubt that you have maintained it well...i dont doubt that 153k is my major concern....i guess its just in my head
Owner: hmm ok
me: and frankly i am not a big fan of MODS i prefer stock
Owner: yeea talk to other people who own these kind of cars ..this car is stock except suspension and CAI this suspension is rated better than stock .
Owner: take your time and think about it
me: yeah, will get in touch with you thanks a lot for ur time though
Owner: alrite, later
me: later

SO...WHAT DO YOU SAY GUYS..???

ffej
06-27-2008, 08:28 AM
What year is it?

$13k is too high. I bought my 98 M3/4/5 over two years ago for $15k. With 45k miles. After my mechanic said "It's not much to get excited about, except for the fact that it's just about perfect.

Depending on the year of the car, It *could* be worth $10-11k with all those miles, though it certainly sounds like the seller has taken care of all the usual suspects. As long as the engine checks out and the car is in good physical condition, it's worth more than $8k

Boile
06-27-2008, 08:32 AM
Did you record the conversation?
Is that a transcript?
Or what you remember of it?

aavi
06-27-2008, 08:33 AM
Did you record the conversation?
Is that a transcript?
Or what you remember of it?

its a transcript from my chat with him on google chat

aavi
06-27-2008, 09:36 AM
What year is it?

$13k is too high. I bought my 98 M3/4/5 over two years ago for $15k. With 45k miles. After my mechanic said "It's not much to get excited about, except for the fact that it's just about perfect.

Depending on the year of the car, It *could* be worth $10-11k with all those miles, though it certainly sounds like the seller has taken care of all the usual suspects. As long as the engine checks out and the car is in good physical condition, it's worth more than $8k

1997 Sedan

Mr.///Matt
06-27-2008, 11:12 AM
i bought mine about 5 months ago... 97 cosmos black m3 98,000m for 10,000

hon2bmw
06-27-2008, 11:28 PM
I bought mine 2 months ago, 95' Avus 2door, 183,000 miles for $6,000. All it needed was a rear wheel bearing and a new PS pump.

Did the PS pump myself for $110 in parts after core exchange, and had a shop do the wheel bearing (rears are a PITA) for about $180 parts/labor.

A Rios
06-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Kelley blue book for a 98 M3 w/ 153k w/ all the extras, in excellent condition is NJ is only $9200.00:thumbdwn: Too much my friend regardless of how well the vehicle was maintained.

A Rios
06-28-2008, 08:32 PM
There is a 95 M3 for sale in NY with almost 200k for sale for $3200. Seller's phone # is 267-750-5048. M3 engine & trans on ebay for $1525. Another 325 w. M3 engine for sale in Fl. for $6100 w/ AA supercharger.