PDA

View Full Version : Part 2: conversation with a prospective seller

aavi
06-27-2008, 09:36 AM
so there is another seller...and here is his case...

so i am going to check this another e36 m3 out on monday has 97k miles on it...i also posted on the forum about a seller who has one for sale with 153k miles on it....read that too..

but comming back to the 97k miles...the seller has done a 80k mi service at a bmw dealership..which cost him $2700, and he has the receipts...this is what he told me

"the receipt is for $2,700 that I spent on the car at a BMW dealership to correct existing problems and included their recommended 80,000 mile service. During that service, the O2 sensor and crank sensor were replaced etc.."

thats a lot of money for just the o2 and crank sensor..do you guys think the thermostat, waterpump and the radiators might have been changed too for that kindda money?

Boile
06-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Why don't you ask him?
How would we know?

aavi
06-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Why don't you ask him?
How would we know?

well i am going to see the car on monday i can see the recepit and figure it out....but he told me the car belonged to his son, who is in germany now for the us army...so he is selling it..and since he isnt a big car guy....he didnt remember if thermostat and waterpump were done...but frm the top of his head he remembered the o2 sensor and the cranck sensor...

but i was just asking generally for that kind of money....and since BMW also know that thermostat, waterpump and radiators are the Achilles Heels of E36 M3's was wondering if during that service they might have been replaced....

fun2drive
06-28-2008, 12:35 PM
BMW as far as I know does not replace anything that is working for a Service Inspection except for things that are listed in the owner's manual.
That is a large number for an inspection and I would think that they must have replaced things like tie rods and ball joints, maybe brake pads and rotors.

You are going about this correctly. Take your time. There are a lot of very excellent cars for the money out there. I have a new E93 and my M# and my M3 is still a hoot to drive after all these years...